The Glowing Recorders

The Glowing Recorders

A Story by Abishai100
"

A new elementary school teacher in Philadelphia decides to distribute beautiful clear plastic musical recorders (basic flutes!) to his students who start learning about the mysticism of music.

"
Evan Tryder was the new African-American elementary school teacher at Charles Drew School (K-12) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (USA) in the year 2020. Tryder himself went to Drew School as a youngster and clawed his way into college after living a difficult life in the inner-city, socially and financially. Tryder studied sociology at Penn State University and decided to get a teaching certification before opting to return to Drew School where he studied as a struggling child and become an elementary school teacher! Mr. Tryder was hired within 1 month after glowing recommendations and was given the coveted position of 2nd grade schoolteacher at Drew School. He began work in the autumn of 2020 as the school's full-time elementary school/grade teacher. Tryder was going to be the general 2nd grade teacher but would have the chance to incorporate some artistic activities into his everyday lessons for the kids.

Mr. Tryder was only 30 years-old and noticed that the students liked to poke fun at how young he looked despite being a professional teacher. He was a handsome man and still single, though another elementary grade teacher at Drew School, the attractive 32 years-old Ms. Shelbye Harris set her eyes upon the new eligible bachelor teacher at Drew! Mr. Tryder's students would start giggling in glee when Ms. Harris walked into his classroom just to say hello or deliver a simple charming daily gift for the 2nd grade teacher she obviously had a huge crush on now. Mr. Tryder enjoyed his work and started considering dating Shelbye Harris and perhaps looking for creative ways to settle down in Philadelphia and build a good life as a teacher and working man in the city. Mr. Tryder noticed in particular that the students in his 2nd grade class were constantly fidgeting around while learning about the more basic and tedious subjects such as math and history.

Tryder's students were basically psychologically divided between the times when they were in glee giggling at the courtship between their new teacher and the equally young-and-attractive Ms. Harris and between the times when they had to deal with the more tedious realities of learning about challenging mathematics and history subjects, since Mr. Tryder was despite his affable demeanor quite a rigorous taskmaster. Tryder's students therefore were constantly now fidgeting in class during the more tedious math/history lessons their teacher was delivering and itching to find ways to make their school days much more entertaining. When Tryder noticed this, he decided to come up with something creative to inject some spirit into his classroom. He had the Drew School administration order for his 2nd grade class a large box of lovely but affordable colored plastic clear musical recorders (basic flutes!) for his students.

TRYDER: "What we're going to do with these flutes is pretty cool, kids! I want each student to grab a flute/recorder and keep it with them at all times throughout their day at school and then with them during their time at night with their parents in their homes! The students are to use these lovely flutes/recorders to practice the basic musical scales I'll be teaching them and then trying to use the elegance of the taught scales to invent their own musical charms to create some instant daily magic. This imaginarium exercise should offer you kids the right dose of liberty and learning that you seem to crave, given your clear and obvious recent boredom with your math and history lessons and towards my classroom outlines. Alright?"

The musical flute/recorder exercise was a huge hit with Mr. Tryder's 2nd grade class. The kids were rejuvenated and excited about their new musical/creative activity and were eager now to learn about tedious subjects after being much more entertained by the daily energized courtship rituals witnessed between their handsome young new teacher and the attractive elementary teacher Ms. Harris. The flute/recorder activities were offering Tryder's kids/students the chance to infuse some real delight into the classroom. In fact, as the kids began appreciating the improvisation-spiritedness of music itself after learning the elegant musical scales taught by their caring teacher, they started to invent their own patterns of musical elevation. This was real optimism, but would it seriously improve the students' enthusiasm and the general daydreams of Tryder's demanding 2nd grade classroom at Drew School?

© 2019 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on October 28, 2019
Last Updated on October 28, 2019
Tags: Education, Kids, Recorders, Magic

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5