The Buccaneers' Dream

The Buccaneers' Dream

A Story by Abishai100
"

Tara is a gorgeous American cheerleader for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NFL) and is hoping her team will replay the Oakland Raiders in a Super Bowl after she has an omen-dream about a robot.

"
Tara had been a Tampa Bay Buccaneers cheerleader for about 2 years and was eager to contribute to the NFL team after its surprising 21st Century (new millennium!) successes. She studied at the University of Miami and was a cheerleader for the National Championship Hurricanes before becoming a Buccaneer. Tara wanted to see her upstart NFL team rematch the dominant Oakland Raiders in another Super Bowl after they'd already handed the Rich Gannon Raiders a Super Bowl loss in the new millennium. However, Tara didn't always have this passionate interest in a Buccaneers Super Bowl experience. No sir, it was only after a rather bizarre dream about being visited by the AntiChrist that Tara realized she was somehow integrally wed to the social consciousness of American sports.

Tara loved American sports and fanfare and was a very attractive Buccaneers cheerleader who received constant offers for courtship from NFL superstars and eligible bachelors of Florida! She was still single but had recently broken up with her Hurricanes QB-boyfriend after parting from the University of Miami. She enjoyed attending the Buccaneers NFL games as a dressed cheerleader, and if she wasn't on the cheer-roster for one odd game out, she'd want to attend as a fan in the stadium or on the sidelines, cheering on the organization generally. However, Tara wasn't particularly gung-ho about the Buccaneers getting to the Super Bowl or returning again to replay the Oakland Raiders. It was only after she had a strange omen-dream about being visited by the adversarial AntiChrist (the folkloric enemy of Christ described in the Holy Bible!) that Tara thought she should play a magnified role.

TARA: Who the hell are you?
ANTICHRIST: I'm the adversary of civilization!
TARA: Why do you resemble a tall centurion in my dream?
ANTICHRIST: I'm here to persuade you to advocate consumerism.
TARA: Why?
ANTICHRIST: I'm the AntiChrist, Tara, and want you to serve capitalism!
TARA: How?
ANTICHRIST: Just cheer on a Buccaneers-Raiders rematch with a toy I give you.
TARA: A toy?
ANTICHRIST: Yes, a democracy-symbolic Transformers robot-toy named Ultra Magnus.
TARA: Why Ultra Magnus?
ANTICHRIST: You'll appreciate his red-white-and-blue colors and sentimentalize the Super Bowl.
TARA: What does a robot have to do with the Super Bowl?
ANTICHRIST: Capitalism is mechanical, Tara, and I seek a female siren!

Tara wondered why she'd have a strange dream about being visited by the adversarial AntiChrist in a lucid dream about having to cheer on the Buccaneers in a media-symbolic Super Bowl replay! She understood that the Transformers (Hasbro/Marvel) robot-toy named Ultra Magnus truly did represent democracy-imagination and that if she used the robot-avatar to talk about kids' love of NFL games and televised sports, consumerism/capitalism in America would be significantly hyped. However, Tara wondered why she was personally/specifically being targeted/chosen for this 'spiritual assignment' to espouse consumerism ideals and values. Did she have this Christianity-oriented dream, since she was a professed fan of American fanfare and democratic crowd cheer? Did she feel a secret obligation to espouse consumerism values and idealism in this new millennium? Tara decided to buy an Ultra Magnus Transformers robot-toy online and take it to a televised Buccaneers game!

TARA: I'm so thrilled to bring Ultra Magnus to a Buccaneers game!
ESPN: What's the significance of a robot-toy at this Buccaneers game?
TARA: I wanted to cheer on kids' love of capitalism during Christmas.
ESPN: Well, it is close to Christmas; so are you an advocate of Toys for Tots?
TARA: Yes, and I hope Christians watching the game at home will cheer with their kids!
ESPN: How'd you get the idea to bring Ultra Magnus to a televised football game?
TARA: I'm a happy Buccaneers cheerleader, so it's my opportunity to celebrate consumerism.
ESPN: We need more 'daylight sirens' for American media like you, Tara.
TARA: Thanks; we all do what we can!




{Ultra Magnus and Tara}



© 2019 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

18 Views
Added on November 24, 2019
Last Updated on November 24, 2019
Tags: NFL Fable, Christianity, Toys

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Rose Thief Rose Thief

A Story by Abishai100