Curing Terrorism: Media Tale

Curing Terrorism: Media Tale

A Story by Abishai100
"

Three figures in the media are challenged by an Italian during a campaign to highlight a world sport as a potential 'cure' to the modern anathema of terrorism!

"
This one last piece is about the anti-terrorism political value of modern world soccer and the media figures who just might make it a true civilized sport and human activity.

Thanks so much for reading (signing off),







====

"The two American super-celebrities Tom Hanks and Tom Cruise wanted to invest in the modern excitement surrounding European club soccer. In fact, the club-teams in England, Spain, and Italy comprised some of the best men's soccer the modern world was seeing and showcased incredible talents such as Luis Figo, Leo Messi, David Beckham, and Francesco Totti. Hanks/Cruise believed investing in Euro-soccer marketing could be an interesting angle into the new age of cable-engaged globalized media. After all, soccer fans in America could tune into European club-soccer games with the right cable-channel packages. That's what Hanks/Cruise were seeking to advertise."



"While soccer had become a world sport phenomenon and created 'athlete-gods' such as Pele, Maradona, and Baggio, it still didn't reach American fans quite as much. In America, soccer remained popular at the high-school and college/university levels and at the domain of the US women's national soccer team which had captured a whopping 4 World Cup titles! Men's soccer in America, however, never got too popular at the club/pro level, so fans of soccer in America enjoyed tuning into the thrilling games on cable-TV from European club leagues such as Italy's Serie A. Hanks/Cruise wanted to see how to profit from this Euro-club new age phenomenon."



"That's where an idealistic Internet-blogging self-proclaimed 'democracy-defending vigilante' named Ajay Satan entered! Satan was an Algerian-American US citizen who played soccer as a youngster and was very gifted. He opted to not pursue his love of soccer, however, and moved to America and pursued an Ivy League education so he could become a political cartoonist on the Internet. Satan wrote for the New Yorker, the Dartmouth, and the Lampoon before settling into the world of Christianity-oriented Internet-blogs. His blogs were about how world sports such as soccer could promote Christian values and anti-terrorism dialogue. Ajay Satan wanted to make sports an arena for democratic vigilance, and Hanks/Cruise could've benefited from Satan's sense of anti-terrorism 'fanzine' expertise on the Internet. Satan was a big fan of the Euro-club soccer team Valencia (part of Spain's La Liga) and was curious to see if he could recruit resources to market Valencia as a tourism-promoting (and Christianity-promoting!) organization."



"Ajay had a customized replica-revolver, lacquered in gold which he kept in his treasure-cabinet. This revolver reminded Ajay's days as a youngster in politically-challenged Algeria and his memories of his elders partaking in the FLN revolution against the French occupation of Islamic Algeria. Ajay became a born-again Christian when he moved to America, but he preserved his general love of free-speech, soccer, and pluralism rhetoric. Ajay was a big fan of James Bond movies and considered his special gold-revolver a praise of the Bond anti-terrorism espionage-film The Man with the Golden Gun."



"Ajay took photos of himself in sunglasses holding symbolism-rich miniature toy-trophies representing the peace-potential of world soccer. His photos were for his progressive American Internet blogs about using sports to encourage democracy and denounce the profitability of terrorism in the new millennium. Hanks/Cruise came across Ajay Satan's soccer-blogs through the advice of a Hollywood peer and decided to make contact with the Algerian-American blogger, to see if he'd be interested in crafting a fanzine blog with their endorsement to promote Americans' love of Euro-club soccer on modern TV. Ajay Satan thought this was a cool celebrity-marketing angle and decided to provide his colorful pro-sports cartoon-photos and blogs to the Hanks/Cruise project."



"Ajay's  blogs with Hanks/Cruise included photos of lovely women dressed in nerdy costumes and argyle outfits, promoting the modern man's spiritual praise of home-entertainment, domestic satisfaction, and media entertainment! Some of these model-photos featured women in nerdy glasses wearing shirts with funny messages like I Love Nerds and designed to increase American interest in European television and home-entertainment and world-media. Ajay didn't consider these nerdy accents to his democratic/Christian blogs about anti-terrorism soccer counter-productive to his progressive message about modern diaries."



"However, a rival blogger decided to create his own soccer fanzine-website featuring more alluring images and ideas about European soccer. This blogger was a very attractive Italian soccer player named Alberto Bartelli (AB). AB wanted to challenge the Satan/Hanks/Cruise blogs with his own more radical blogs about how the appeal of soccer in Europe was grounded in the aesthetics of highly-invested competitive play televised all around Europe. AB didn't care about media marketing as much as he did about European couture and flair, and he challenged Satan/Cruise/Hanks to produce more ornate messages about the real links between modern media and Euro-soccer. AB was an online hellraiser."



"AB (Alberto Bartelli) had his own gold-plated replica toy-gun. It was a gold-enamored and wood-enhanced rifle-gun, and it represented AB's love of fashion and style as it pertained to modern capitalism, sports, and European culture. AB considered his gold-rifle a perfect challenge to anything Satan/Cruise/Hanks would offer regarding a more 'Americanized' perspective on the offerings of Western media in the marketing of Euro-soccer. AB's gold-rifle was a proud symbol therefore of the radical Italian soccer player and blogger's suggestion that modernism was also about pure delight."



"AB featured blogs with photos of incredibly gorgeous soccer-models and playgirls dressed to highlight and cheer the human energy behind modern Euro-soccer. AB called these models on his blogs his 'angels' and considered them representatives of a new aesthetic designed to make sports much more glamorous and alluring. After all, sports in America were not as glamorous and were considered more values-packed, so cheerleaders of popular American sports including basketball and football were not as alluring as even the 'angels' AB featured in his Euro-aesthetics soccer blogs. This really threatened the American-media project being constructed by Satan/Cruise/Hanks. AB considered his 'angels' his trophies of daydreams."



"Soccer was indeed an alluring sport, as Alberto Bartelli (AB) suggested in his more 'worldly' blogs, but it was also a game of great media-flair and teamwork, as Satan/Cruise/Hanks suggested in their own Americanized soccer-blogs! The successes of the US women's national soccer team brought newfound spotlights to women-in-sports and the potential for American investments in world soccer, since it was largely ignored at the pro-level and national level by most Americans. Satan/Hanks/Cruise decided to spotlight the popularity of women's college soccer teams in America in one of their blogs about the media-value of 'academic' dollars. This unnerved AB."



"Cruise was making a scandalous new film in Europe about a radical female painter falling in love with an American racecar driver named Bobby. Cruise wanted to use much of the research and imagery in the film to complement his blogs with Satan/Hanks about the modern world appeal of European culture in the media-marketing of European soccer. Soccer did, after all, become a very profitable world sport and could therefore be referenced in discussions about pro-globalization anti-terrorism. After 9/11, Americans were on-edge about the social turbulence associated with un-American news...and corrupted media."



"Ajay Satan decided to feature one of his blogs with a photo of himself in a ski-mask next to a button-sign reading I Predict A Riot. This blog was about a potential terrorist incident at a future Women's World Cup tournament that would awaken the world to the reality that globalization was seriously threatened by the forces of terrorism. Satan talked about the value of free-speech fanzines and their role in promoting Western media/TV that would bring the world together and help everyone forget about the trauma of 9/11."



"Satan/Hanks/Cruise featured a photo of a colorful South American soccer-statue/figurine on one of their newest blogs about soccer and democracy. This statue would remind people of the democratic value of soccer, just as the Statue of Liberty reminded everyone of the wisdom of immigration and pluralism! Satan considered this statue a symbol of pure modern imagination. What would terrorists think?"



"Satan/Hanks/Cruise purchased a pearl-and-silver toy miniature-piano for their treasure-cabinet and considered it one of their trophies symbolizing the successes of their fanzine-blogs about Americans cheering of modern media, Euro-soccer, and globalization entertainment. They called this toy piano the Silver Shining (SS). They wanted SS to challenge the radical claim of AB (Alberto Bartelli) that sports-media had to be somehow more extreme to reach mass audiences. The SS would become an antique and highlight how media 'gurus' (such as AB, Satan/Hanks/Cruise) helped humanity market the 'concept' of capitalism."



"Seton Hall University and Villanova University, two iconic schools in the Big East Conference in the NCAA (USA) started promoting their women's soccer teams more, to accent the successes of the US women's national soccer team. This marketing initiative was highlighted in one of the new blogs of Satan/Hanks/Cruise. Would soccer be the 'true cure' to new age anti-globalization terrorism, and would more and more schools adopt this brand of modern idealism?"



"Satan, Hanks, and Cruise decided to visit the rebuilt Notre Dame cathedral and admire its European color and richness and spiritual history. They admired what Europe had offered to world history and felt excited about the future of media in the Western world! They hoped soccer would continue to be a 'beacon' of human peace."



SATAN: Soccer will save the world.
HANKS: Media will be the church!
CRUISE: We will be the heroes.

SATAN: We should produce a soccer movie.
HANKS: How about a women's soccer movie?
CRUISE: How about a movie about Mia Hamm?




====




Ajay Satan


© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
Added on January 16, 2020
Last Updated on January 16, 2020
Tags: Sports, Anti-Terrorism, Media

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Devil's One Devil's One

A Story by Abishai100