The Satan Twins: A Robin Hood Design

The Satan Twins: A Robin Hood Design

A Story by Abishai100
"

A pair of odd-ducks decide to defend the honor of Robin Hood in Manhattan, but how will they be remembered themselves?

"
I needed to offer up one more capitalism-irony parable about Robin Hood 'diarism' and this final one, yes the last one, was inspired by one of my favorite fortune-imaginarium movies, Plunkett and Macleane.

Thanks so much for reading (signing off),


====

"Ajay and Amlan Satan were Algerian-American twins living in Manhattan (New York) as political cartoonists and part-time bank-robbers! They were smart and funny and loved the thrill of stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. They had orchestrated multiple intriguing robberies of financial institutions and homes of the aristocracy and then given the bounty to the homeless and impoverished people of New York, funding all kinds of charity programs. They were princes from Algeria with their own wealth, so everyone thought these two philanthropist-twins were simply dipping into their own wallets for charity-work. Ajay and Amlan Satan were modern-day Robin Hoods."



"They decided to plan a robbery of an aristocratic Jewish couple in Manhattan during a Halloween masquerade party. The twins showed up at the party wearing identical plastic face-masks and telling everyone at the party they'd shown up as 'diplomats' sent by the Manhattan Algerian-American philanthropist-twins Ajay and Amlan Satan. The masked funnies indicated they were sent by the Satan twins to the aristocratic Jewish couple's Halloween masquerade party hoping to land some kind of stage-acting role on Broadway. During the party, the masked twins snuck into the Jewish couple's bedroom and cracked open the vault using a silent gas-explosive and stole their diamonds. Ajay and Amlan Satan sold the diamonds in the black-market and used the money to fund a Thanksgiving food-drive for the homeless!"



"During the robbery of the Jewish couple's diamonds, the Satan twins found rare antique Hebrew gold coins in the vault, which they also stole. They melted the gold down and had the gold converted into a liquid spray using nitric-acid! They poured the liquid-gold spray into an acrylic-gold product-can and kept it for later use. The Satan twins decided they'd use their new gold-spray to make gold-coated Halloween masks for a future Manhattan aristocrat's masquerade party. The Satan twins had truly perfected their Robin Hood craft in the modern world."



"Now, Ajay and Amlan Satan set their sights on a pair of real nasty Manhattan villains. The villains were Harley Quinn and Joker, two maniacal serial-killers who dressed up like clowns and drove around in expensive cars at night in the city and picked up party-goers and then killed them in alleys and stole all their money and jewelry. They'd then send notices to the Post indicating that the murdered Manhattan partygoers were symbols of the modern world's decadence and were deserving of severe execution! Ajay and Amlan Satan realized Harley Quinn and Joker (which is what the two maniac serial-killers called themselves in the notices they sent boldly to the Post, albeit with no revealing pictures!) were real devils and the opposite of Robin Hood. The Satan twins realized Harley Quinn and Joker had to be extinguished...somehow."



"Ajay and Amlan Satan discovered from insider street-sources that Harley Quinn and Joker lived in a refurbished abandoned warehouse-loft on the outskirts of Manhattan which they finished up with graffiti-paint, like true clownish maniacs! The Satan twins also discovered that Harley Quinn and Joker kept in their special 'loft lair' a very very expensive diamond-pearl necklace which they considered symbolic of their idyllic villainy in the modern world. Ajay and Amlan Satan reasoned they had to steal this special/symbolic diamond-pearl necklace by infiltrating the loft-lair of Harley Quinn and Joker...to bring a final end to their reign of evil crime in the city they loved!"



"Ajay and Amlan Satan showed up at Harley Quinn and Joker's loft-lair pretending to be comedians and offering to do a special stand-up comedic routine about the fear of Muslims walking around in Manhattan after 9/11! Harley Quinn and Joker found the Satan twins delightful and agreed to allow them to enter their loft-lair that evening. They laughed and laughed at the Satan twins' funny comic routine. That night, there were three other guests at that loft-lair. The Satan twins brought their own heavy moonshine alcoholic beverage which they gave to the three other guests, cajoling them to reveal where they thought Harley Quinn and Joker had hidden their 'special' diamond-pearl necklace. One of the overly-drunken guests, a bank teller at Chase Manhattan, disclosed there was a vault underneath the wooden boards beneath the bookshelf of the loft-lair."



"Since Ajay and Amlan Satan were masked and camouflaged that night at the loft-lair party of Harley Quinn and Joker and never removed their headgear/get-up, no one knew what the Satan twins actually looked like in real life! Everyone at the party got a kick out of this festive presentation anyways! While Harley Quinn and Joker were dancing during a playing of the Mazzy Star entrancing song She Hangs Brightly, the Satan twins snuck into the library-den of the loft-lair and peeled back the wooden boards beneath the bookshelf there and found the box-vault. Since Amlan Satan was an expert lock-cracker, he managed to fine-tune the lock on the box-vault until it popped open. They left the loft-lair that night with the special diamond-pearl necklace that Harley Quinn and Joker considered so divine! The Satan twins had managed to become dastardly jewel-thieves that night, disguised as twin entertainers."



"Two weeks later, the Satan twins mailed a twin-pair of Batman (DC Comics) superhero-vigilante dolls (action-figures!) to the loft-lair of Harley Quinn and Joker. They had a driver simply place the dolls on the doorstep of the loft-lair. When Harley Quinn and Joker discovered the pair of Batman dolls in front of their loft-lair, they were delighted, wondering if it was sent by the same thieves/bandits who'd managed to steal their special diamond-pearl necklace. The Satan twins then sent Harley Quinn and Joker a secret-letter to their loft-lair indicating that the two odd-ducks should try to decode who'd stolen their diamond-necklace and determine if it was the pair of twin entertainer-comedians who'd attended their night-party. Harley Quinn and Joker realized someone wanted them to feel paranoid, and they weren't honestly sure if the Batman dolls were sent by the comedian-twins they met during their night-party. Harley Quinn and Joker simply wanted to put the ABCD incident behind them. This was a 'prank' that would have made even Batman proud."



"Two weeks later, the Satan twins sent an anonymous notice to the Post indicating that Harley Quinn and Joker had been bamboozled in their own lair and had their special diamond-pearl necklace stolen by an unnamed thief (or thieves!). In the notice, the Satan twins claimed that Harley Quinn and Joker would no longer drive around Manhattan boastfully insisting that they were the opposite of Robin Hood, murdering partygoers and stealing their money/jewelry and claiming they were doing so in the name of anti-aristocracy/anti-decadence philosophy! When millions of people read the notice in the Post, Harley Quinn and Joker were suddenly cast as 'fooled' crazies. Manhattan was once again safe from the schemes of modern-day punishers."



"Two weeks later, Ajay and Amlan Satan met a pair of beautiful Broadway actresses, twin-sisters! These two lovelies found the Satan twins charming and wondered if they were the same aristocratic political-cartoonists who were famous philanthropists in Manhattan. The Satan twins decided to start dating the twin Broadway actresses and sent an editorial to the Post, complete with photos, indicating that they'd met the two lovely sisters and decided to start dating them and bring them to important charity-events perhaps hosted by the Satan twins themselves, to remind the good people of Manhattan that the diabolical deeds of the serial-killing Harley Quinn and Joker would never be pardoned. The Satan twins considered their new girlfriends trophies of their real love of Robin Hood!"



"The Satan twins then used their special gold-spray cans to coat up gold masks for an aristocrat's masquerade party. They made four masks in pure gold in all (using the gold made from the stolen aristocratic Jewish couple's Halloween party the year before!), and they wore one each and gave one each to their twin-sister girlfriends. They sent photos of the quartet to the Post along with an editorial about the true love of gold as it pertained to the human sharing of wealth, as a testament to the American conviction that luxury was best praised when it served the daydreams of the populace."



"Harley Quinn and Joker decided to leave Manhattan, but a new menace rose in their place! This madman also painted himself as a clownish-joker figure, but he didn't have a female partner/accomplice. This maniac called himself Clown simply, and he wanted to kidnap the New York mayor and hold him for ransom. Was this a new mission for the Satan twins?"



AJAY: Do you think we were smart in making those gold masks?
AMLAN: Well, we needed to do something worthwhile with that Jewish gold!
AJAY: Do you think Harley Quinn and Joker were frightened away from Manhattan?
AMLAN: It seems they were certainly led to think they were better off as jesters elsewhere!
AJAY: At least Manhattan is cleaner now, eh?
AMLAN: Robin Hood is no longer a 'clear joke' in Manhattan, my brother.
AJAY: Should we tell our girlfriends about our heroic design?
AMLAN: Never; that's the life of musketeers, my brother.
AJAY: Right.



"Do you think the Satan twins are crazy? Should Robin Hood be honored in our modern age of great capitalism daydreams and ambitions for luxury and fortune and convenience? Will Hollywood (USA) make a movie about modern-day musketeers such as the dancing Ajay and Amlan Satan? What do you think? Write to the Post and tell them what you think!"

THE END

====

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on January 29, 2020
Last Updated on January 29, 2020
Tags: Capitalism Folk-Tale

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing