The Cybertron Clans: Capitalism on Earth

The Cybertron Clans: Capitalism on Earth

A Story by Abishai100
"

A robot spies on human civilization and takes notes on Earth-capitalism design to help the three differing clans on his A.I. planet of Cybertron come to some agreement about capitalism-destiny!

"
Instead of signing off with an incendiary story about the IRA, I decided to offer up a generic but engaging story about the models of capitalism worth thinking about in this modern age of globalized consumerism. This vignette references three A.I. fantasy-adventure media franchises (TransformersVoltronGoBots), so I hope you like it!
Signing off,

====

"A great intellectual-aesthetics war raged on the A.I. robotics planet of Cybertron between three classes or clans of A.I. robots. The first clan was the Transformers clan, led by the wolfish Cyclonus, who transformed into a jet-fighter and consulted with the space-pilot war-vizier Agus. The Transformers were devoted to all kinds of inventive governance and proactive forms of capitalism. The Transformers were very individualistic."



"The second clan of robots was the Voltron clan. These robots were mechanical lions who combined to form giant 'Voltron' robots. The Voltron robots believed in socialism and forms of socialized democracy as alternatives to avaricious capitalism! The Voltron clan were modest and somewhat more neutral than the Transformers but were highly-skeptical of the Transformers view of piracy and rugged individualism. The Voltron clan was rather calm by nature, though very well-armed with weaponry!"



"The third and final class or clan of robots on the A.I. planet of Cybertron was the GoBots clan. This clan of robots believed in pleasurable forms of negotiable governance geared towards pleasing the populace. The GoBots invented all kinds of chemical weapons, since they believed such terrible weapons would drive any antagonist far far away from their dominion and caves on Cybertron. The GoBots were very eccentric and often made sarcastic jokes about the social value of anarchy. The GoBots were not really allied more to either the Transformers or the Voltron robot clan, which made them rather suspect in the eyes of the other two robot-clans, since the GoBots were eerily doll-like in appearance!"



"Agus, the war-vizier of the Transformers and private-consultant/assistant to the Transformers' wolfish jet-fighter robot-leader Cyclonus, decided to travel to the Milky Way Galaxy and make a spy-station on Earth's moon and observe the patterns of capitalism-governance in human civilization. Agus made his spy-station on Earth's moon and began using his beams to look at media (Internet, TV, radio) signals on Earth transmitting politically-charged communications regarding humanity's views on capitalism overall. Agus noted a radical pair of pirate radio-TV society critics named Ajay Satan and Bridget Sheena who were talking about the importance of inventing new forms of capitalism-management in a modern world more or less 'hypnotized' by globalized consumerism. Agus noted that Ajay and Bridget were rather 'liberal' in political stance and wondered how he could infuse their rather intriguing and offbeat views on capitalism-governance into the tri-clan warfare on Cybertron regarding the differing views on capitalism/governance. Agus realized Ajay and Bridget were 'human iconoclasts' on Earth."



"Agus investigated further and discovered that Earth capitalism/consumerism was much about media and entertainment and the power of cinema and storytelling reflected society's focus on socialization as well as democracy! Agus discovered that very popular movie-stars such as Leo DiCaprio boasted their own involvement in social-work activities and organizations (such as environmental conservation!). Agus wondered how media-grids for capitalism on Earth paralleled the capitalism/governance squares and competitions between the three clans of robots (Transformers, Voltron, GoBots) on Cybertron. Agus also wondered if Cybertronians should appreciate the value of 'media idols' (like Leo DiCaprio!) the way pro-capitalist humans did on the dioramic planet Earth."



"Agus further discovered that human media was used to circulate various views on politics/governance. For example, EWTN (Catholic-TV) would feature programs about the sociopolitical turmoil between British Protestants and Irish Catholics in Belfast (Northern Ireland) and how these troubles translated into everyday commerce and lifestyle dilemmas. Agus realized capitalism was a thing of great splendor to humans and humans wrestled with sovereignty as it related to profit! Agus wondered if the three robot-clans on Cybertron would benefit from iconic group-patronized banks."



"Agus then noticed that an important European woman in human media, an actress-turned-journalist, was using the public spotlight to address concerns about anti-capitalism terrorism and capitalism-geared conflicts such as the Gulf War. This media figure was speaking about the value of constantly negotiating capitalism values with socialization problems especially in the modern age of mass communication and networking. Agus wondered if Cybertron should boast such a 'dogged' media figure such as this iconic actress-journalist."



"Agus decided to use his magnetic beams to extract a capitalism-symbolic transparent pen (a writing instrument!) from America. America was Earth's official 'Big Brother' of capitalism, and this transparent pen represented humanity's clear views on the relationship between capitalism and see-through democratic dialogue. Agus took this transparent pen back to Cybertron with him, along with his notes about human capitalism, to share with the three clans of robots (Transformers, Voltron, GoBots). Agus was pleased with his overall study and his special 'treasure' pen."



TRANSFORMERS: Capitalism/governance on Earth is splendid!
VOLTRON: It's based on much populist dialogue!
GOBOTS: We can learn from their interest in socialized media!

TRANSFORMERS: It seems Agus has learned about human democracy.
VOLTRON: We might want comparable group banks on Cybertron.
GOBOTS: Yes, centralized banks representing each of our clans!

TRANSFORMERS: It's no surprise that human capitalism is 'cinematic.'
VOLTRON: Yes, Agus noted they made multiple movies about Wall Street!
GOBOTS: Maybe we should make a 'media-movie' about capitalism depression.

====

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13 Views
Added on February 4, 2020
Last Updated on February 4, 2020
Tags: Capitalism, Comics

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing