Unbreakable (Movie Fan-Fiction)

Unbreakable (Movie Fan-Fiction)

A Story by Abishai100
"

A strange artist entices a humble security-guard to consider the possibility that he just might be a 'real-life superhero' sent to Earth to protect us all from the vanity of evil.

"
I felt an inexplicable need to adapt one of my favorite movies into a cathartic movie fan-fiction, since I've always been a huge fan of comic books, so I hope everyone thinks this a worthwhile exercise and share! I just couldn't retire from writing without this fan-fiction of the popular cult-film starring Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson.

I'd love feedback from fans who think this fan-fiction is complimentary of the M. Night Shyamalan movie...

Signing off (Happy Valentine's Day!),



====

Roy worked as a security-guard at a college athletics stadium in New England for the past four years. He'd recently separated from his wife who grew weary of his inexplicable mental depression. Roy had a weird secret from high-school --- he'd pulled his girlfriend/wife Robin from their burning crashed car but was completely unharmed himself (Robin broke a leg and suffered from first-degree burns). Roy had always kept this miraculous 'immunity' during this terrible accident a complete secret.

Roy worked at the college athletics stadium for good pay and was continuing in his work. He'd never taken a sick-day off work, because he simply and oddly never got sick, which is why he was offered a special raise in pay. Some time thereafter, Roy got a strange letter in his mailbox. It was from a comic book art collector who insisted he come visit his new store/museum in Boston (Massachusetts). Roy decided to accept the strangely random invite since he'd been a comic book fan since he was a kid.

Roy entered the museum in Boston and began perusing the marvelous colorful classic and new age comic books the owner/manager (who'd invited him) had put on-display. The owner walked up to Roy and asked him if he liked the comic book store/museum, and Roy explained he was a comic book fan as a kid and did indeed appreciate the nice creative books and artwork on display. The owner smiled and told Roy his name --- Elijah. Elijah, a half-Caucasian half-black comic book aficionado, invited Roy to his office for a private chat.

ELIJAH: "Roy, it was I who sent you the special invite to my new comic book store/museum here in Boston. I'd called multiple Ivy League colleges in New England, searching for a sports-stadium security-guard who'd never ever taken a sick day off and found you! I simply had to invite you to my store. You see, Roy, I believe comic books, which present fantastic extra-human characters who exhibit extraordinary optimism, represent a sacred mystical 'knowledge' regarding the immortality of the human mind. Not unlike the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs from the past presenting fantastic animal-headed 'beings' exhibiting extra-human senses, modern-day comic books presentIng unusually optimistic 'superheroes' symbolize humanity's fascination with immortality...and imagination. Since you're an 'average humble security-guard at a prestigious Ivy League school in New England who's never ever taken a sick-day off work due to illness, I'd like you to ponder the simply possible notion that you yourself just might be a 'real-life' civilization 'superhero' placed here on Earth (amongst us 'frail/temptational' humans!) to protect us and remind us that 'everyday civil servants' make humanity stronger. In fact, Roy, I'd like to commission a special comic book story, complete with great artwork, just about you --- to spotlight you as a potential 'inspiration' for our modern-day comic books. You'd be celebrated like one of those ornamented figurines from Ancient Egypt, Roy! So what do you say, my new friend?"

Roy felt stunned and speechless! Why did this imaginative if eccentric comic book store/museum owner insist that Roy was some kind of 'comic book worthy' real-life 'superhero' (deserving of some artistic spotlight)? It's true, Roy never got sick and worked happily and humbly as a college sports-stadium security-guard. It's also true that Roy wondered why he was miraculously unharmed in the terrible high-school car accident during which he'd pulled out his unconscious then-girlfriend Robin (whom he married and later divorced) from the burning vehicle! Roy himself wondered sometimes why he seemed to possess an uncanny love of sports and an almost preternatural instinct to keep his body fit and strong.

Roy still was unconvinced he was the right 'special candidate' for Elijah's special 'comic book art spotlight' on a real-life safety-providing 'optimistic civil servant' from New England! However, Elijah's strange and oddly haunting offer compelled Roy to ponder why it was that he never got sick or why he was miraculously unharmed in the terrible high-school car accident which could've claimed the life of his then-dear girlfriend Robin! Roy thought of how working at the Ivy League sports-stadium as a lowly security-guard while feeling mentally depressed about not having a more 'adventurous' life seemed to alienate his more fun-spirited wife Robin and why he insisted a life of humble service was simply 'sufficient' for contentment. Roy wondered if he was somehow some kind of 'society ethos cartoon character' that drew Elijah's immediate interest.

Roy decided to call Elijah and ask him more about those nifty 'extra-human civilization' hieroglyph characters from ancient Egypt. Elijah explained he'd thought Roy was the ultimate 'civil service cartoon-worthy figure' resembling an Egyptian 'figurine' or comic book 'superhero' who ought to possibly be 'celebrated' in real-world folklore. Elijah recommended Roy go to a train-station and just witness the crowds of people passing through and see if he felt some kind of 'extra-human sense' of anyone in some kind of future risk-scenario --- either as a victim or an evildoer! Elijah suggested Roy might possess a special intuition regarding the 'passions' of everyday people, since he was a lowly guardsman who oddly never took ill! Elijah told Roy that if he tried this simple imagination-exercise, he might discover why he was the right real-world 'character' worthy of being portrayed in a civilization folk-story (or comic book!).

Roy once again thought Elijah's recommendations were eccentric or even bizarre, but he decided to go to a New England train-station to see if he really could 'sense' some strange social traffic 'pattern' regarding the vulnerability of everyday pedestrians. After all, Roy was indeed a somewhat happy-go-lucky guardsman with a keen sense of civic duty, so perhaps he'd find he offered some 'sixth-sense' about traffic holes at a train-station! Certainly such a 'gift' would help justify Roy accepting Elijah's somewhat odd offer to become the subject of a society 'folk-tale' (or comic book!) about 'real-life figurines' of traffic guardianship.

Roy decided to go to the train-station and just stand there and witness the crowds of people passing through, just as Elijah had smartly recommended! Roy watched and watched and didn't get a sense of anything until, oddly enough, a gristly maintenance-man, a groundskeeper at the train-station, wearing a laborer's typical orange outfit passed by and grazed Roy's back! Roy turned around quickly and got the overwhelming sense the orange-uniformed maintenance-man (whom Roy nicknamed 'Orange-Man') had recently done something truly evil. Roy decided to follow 'Orange-Man' after he was leaving for the day from his work!

Roy discovered to his amazement that Orange-Man had broke into a house and was staying there illegally after killing the homeowner and imprisoning the homeowner's wife and kids! Roy decided to lunge at Orange-Man and they wrestled until they both wandered into the property backyard and fell into the swimming-pool! Roy continued to wrestle with Orange-Man, who was impressively strong and large in size, underwater with extraordinary strength and resilience. Roy managed miraculously to drag out the exhausted Orange-Man out of the swimming-pool and tie him up and turn him over to the police after untying the hostage wife-and-kids of the killed homeowner. Roy then marveled how he'd managed to accomplish all this despite his inability to swim or breathe underwater for long periods of time!

ELIJAH: "I read the New England headlines Roy of your amazing heroism and how you rescued the trapped wife and two kids of the homeowner 'Orange-Man' murdered! Roy, you did indeed decide to go to a public place and see if you could 'spot' a traffic vulnerability reuqiiring your serious guardian-like instincts! You see, Roy --- you really are a 'real-life' superhero. Now that we know who you really are my friend, I will tell you my secret! I've been searching for a real extraordinary 'man' to celebrate in art, since I myself have a genetic birth-defect which renders me susceptible to all kinds of illnesses. I searched for so long, to justify my depression regarding my own 'glass-like' human frailty, and I got so tired and frustrated that I decided to plant a bomb in a passenger Amtrak train. Do you remember the news-story of the terrible Amtrak train explosion in Philadelphia three years ago, Roy? That was my doing! Allow me now to become your 'publishing angel' and save me from a lowly life as 'Mr. Glass' (which is what kids called me at school since I always got sick!). Become my 'super man' (and redeemer!), Roy! Please."

Roy was horrified beyond description. Elijah ('Mr. Glass') had killed numerous people on the Philadelphia Amtrak train out of some personal psychotic frustration towards always feeling sick and ostracized! Roy realized if he was a real-life 'superhero' (worthy of fame), then Elijah ('Mr. Glass') was some kind of calculating and truly misguided real-life 'anti-hero' (worthy of punishment!). After Elijah was exposed by Roy to the authorities and arrested, Roy decided to call his ex-wife Robin and explain to her how his other-worldly adventure had rendered him very eager about appreciating life and celebrating those sacred moments when we all feel just a little like 'magical' angels of friendship.

THE END

====

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i thought you did a great job on the new movie write,be looking for it at the movies

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 5, 2020
Last Updated on February 5, 2020
Tags: Movie Fan-Fiction

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing