The Oscar Show

The Oscar Show

A Story by Abishai100
"

A bright new actor is the host of this year's Oscar-show, and he thinks about all the design behind modern American dogma!

"
Since I've written so much about politics, terrorism, sports history, and the symbolism behind art on Writer's Cafe, I thought I'd offer up a more entertainment oriented vignette since tonight is Oscars-night, so readers can have some fun thinking about what comprises modern American diarism(!).
Thanks for reading (signing off),

====

The annual Academy Awards were on TV on Sunday, and the world was watching, especially Americans. Every year, the Academy Awards (or 'Oscars') honored the year's best achievements in film and entertainment and presented the creators and actors with trophies called Oscars. This year's Oscar show-host was a bright new Algerian-American actor named Ajay Satan whose breakoutwork in the Irish politics film Destroying Troubles made him a new celebrity. Ajay was going to host the Academy Awards and bring his date, a European woman, named Alyssa Dartmouth. Everyone expected a shimmering show, and Ajay didn't want to disappoint.



Ajay's date Alyssa was going to wear a Dior dress she showed off during a special premiere of an independent film in Switzerland co-produced by several companies and addressing eco-pollution. The Dior dress was a shimmering gold one-piece, tight-fitted, and would complement Ajay's brown or tan suit. Ajay and Alyssa showed up at the Oscars that night looking very stunning, and reporters claimed this should be a fine awards-night and show indeed. Americans wanted something positive in media after the commerce-traumatic 9/11.



The Oscars would take place in California, and the stage was incredible as was the auditorium. There were old-style seats as well as modern seating arrangements. Celebrities of all kinds were invited and expected to attend. Security was tight after there were reports of a strange threat received for the awards-show, apparently sent by a deranged American terrorist named Richard Jem who called himself the Jackal. Nevertheless, Ajay and his date Alyssa and the countless celebrities and artists anticipated a wonderful night of awards and entertainment televised across the world.



The stunning presentation of awesome cars driven by the amazing celebrities at the Oscars would make anyone's jaw drop. The photographers in fact catalogued all the splendid automobiles from around the world being driven to the Oscars. The celebrities driving marvelous Italian, Japanese, and German luxury and sports-cars would be a nice feather for photojournalists eager to capture the sheer 'capitalism-design' of the Oscars.



The 'Red Carpet' pre-show was all about the celebrities and artists and actors and film-makers and producers showing up in outstanding dresses and formal suits and even alternative fashions, showing off their use of the media spotlight to present American flair for glamour and social festivity. The musicians and thespians who'd perform during the breaks between the awards presentations also came in terrific dresses and outfits. The photographers were in a frenzy.



However, Ajay Satan remained unanxious and kept his complete cool throughout the awards-show. His beautiful date Alyssa was a great confidence-booster for him, and Ajay delivered an awesome awards introduction speech to the happy crowd and audiences watching on TV from home around the world! This was going to be a night of great media flowery.

AJAY: "It's such an honor to be hosting the Oscars after making such a politically important Hollywood (USA) movie about the troubles in Ireland regarding PIRA and the Parliament! Thank you. I'm so delighted to be attending with my amazing date/girlfriend Alyssa whom I think looks lovely in her Dior dress. Thank you. We anticipate a wonderful show tonight, and I'm pleased to see so many known and iconic industry faces in the crowd tonight (as the cameras have been and will be capturing!), including Tom Hanks, Charlize Theron, Steven Spielberg, James Franco, and Ang Lee. Perhaps I can nudge Mr. Lee, director of Sense & Sensibility, to help me make a new film about IRA-terrorism. Thank you so much. We look forward to a great evening of memorable media and entertainment excellence. Thank you."



The awards-night went without a hitch, and the best movies that year were honored rightly and complemented the nice speeches given by some of the industry's most celebrated faces. The movies were great, and the awards reflected this. Ajay Satan proved to be an outstanding host and would indeed link up with iconic film-maker Ang Lee about a new Hollywood (USA) movie about IRA-developments titled Irish Creature and starring Ajay as an Irish-American CIA agent and Brad Pitt as a Provos-IRA terrorist. It was an all-around boon for the Oscars, for American media, and for 21st Century consumerism/entertainment diarism. Fortunately, the American terrorist Richard Jem ('The Jackal') never managed to create any terrible distracting anti-media calamity.



Ajay Satan would go on to marry Alyssa Dartmouth and win an Oscar for his portrayal of a CIA agent chasing an IRA-terrorist in Ang Lee's film. That Oscar-show hosted by Ajay would be remembered as a special nod to the bright lights of modern American entertainment and why the world wanted to embrace 21st Century consumerism and commerce and entertainment as an 'antidote' to the modern problem of antisocial terrorism (e.g., 9/11, Richard Jem, etc.). Ajay would never forget all the dioramic splendor and social giddiness of that Oscar-night which made him feel like a character out of a Dickens story.



Ajay converted to Mormonism and took a second wife as a polygamy-advocate and free-speech rights spokesperson. His second wife was a supermodel named Gena. With Alyssa and Gena at his side, Ajay continued to talk about the value of using media spotlights to highlight the value of pro-democratic politics which diffused the modern malady of terrorism. Ajay began working with the eco-activism group the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation. Ajay was an official 'media diplomat' for 21st Century American money. Wasn't this the American Dream?



AJAY SATAN: I've felt so 'active' in Hollywood, Tom.
TOM HANKS: You've come a long way, Ajay!
SATAN: It's good to be a celebrity.
HANKS: Power builds prestige.
SATAN: Media is indeed powerful.
HANKS: I wonder what movies will be made in years to come.
SATAN: I'm guessing there'll be more traffic-symbolic stories!
HANKS: Sure; this is the era of 'great mobilization.'
SATAN: Commerce has become a shield against terrorism.
HANKS: We appreciate how media complements modern networks.
SATAN: I wonder what anthropologists in the future will say about media.
HANKS: I imagine they'll say entertainment represented consumerism excellence!
SATAN: Isn't that another way of citing media as a vehicle for free-speech values?
HANKS: I suppose that's true, but art should be separated from ideology.
SATAN: Of course, but art in media now is a lot about activated design, no?
HANKS: Maybe you're right, Ajay.

====

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
Added on February 10, 2020
Last Updated on February 10, 2020
Tags: Oscars

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Windy PhD Windy PhD

A Story by Abishai100