Syrin in Belfast

Syrin in Belfast

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two heavenly messengers intercede on behalf of Belfast when agents of hell, including a dystopian firebrand named Syrin, ascend to create distress.

"
One last anti-terrorism parable inspired by the new film The Irishman.
====

Belfast (Northern Ireland) was in troubles because of political and social schisms between Irish Catholics and British Protestants, and Parliament felt helpless. This sort of civilization turmoil was enough to raise hell, and it seemed no one would be able to alleviate these troubles. Any kind of added impact would only make more drama, and perhaps such drama was simply too much to ignore.



Belfast was potentially a place of great industry and social appeal in the modern world. There was a nice area of the lit-up city at night, and people walked and traversed there to enjoy the scenery and go to pubs for refreshments. It was also a city where many young people lived and studied. There was therefore much potential for both drama and normal civic imagination.



However, out of the paranoia of hell came two nefarious 'super-villains' named Syrin and Banshee, a duo of male-and-female 'superhumans' who possessed the dark ability to use extra vocal cords to send out deafening screams. Syrin and Banshee wanted to exacerbate the troubles between Catholics and Protestants living in Belfast (Northern Ireland) to draw more fears toward the schisms between the PIRA (Provisional Irish Republican Army) and BP (British Parliament). This would enflame globalization politics and tourism, since people would now fear anti-governance martial law and even terrorism. Syrin and Banshee wanted to turn Belfast into a cauldron of wickedness.



Fortunately, two super-heroes descended from the heavens. These two angels were Captain Ireland and Jean Grey, a pair of idealistic crusaders who arrived in Belfast (Northern Ireland) to assure the Catholics/Protestants that Syrin and Banshee would not prevail and convince the people of the city that terrorism and martial law would not prevail over democracy in the modern world. Captain Ireland and Jean Grey trapped Syrin and Banshee in a giant net near the river in Belfast (by the bridge!) and forced them to evaluate their evil deeds. Captain Ireland and Jean Grey wanted an end to the darkness in Northern Ireland.



CAPTAIN IRELAND/JEAN GREY: You weaken Belfast with hellfire!
SYRIN/BANSHEE: The people need to see the reality of anarchy.
CAPTAIN IRELAND/JEAN GREY: This is time of governance and not paranoia!
SYRIN/BANSHEE: You two are basic idealists and don't understand the inferno.
CAPTAIN IRELAND/JEAN GREY: Belfast needs patience and not mayhem!
SYRIN/BANSHEE: You've managed to capture us, but you're unaware of hell.
CAPTAIN IRELAND/JEAN GREY: We're messengers of heaven and desire medicine!
SYRIN/BANSHEE: There's no cure to the yearning for chaos.
CAPTAIN IRELAND/JEAN GREY: Chaos is secondary to insight!
SYRIN/BANSHEE: There's no insight in matters of political schism.
CAPTAIN IRELAND/JEAN GREY: Terrorism is caused by darkness, not curiosity!
SYRIN/BANSHEE: Where is the logic of democratic rule in times of religious schism?
CAPTAIN IRELAND/JEAN GREY: Catholics and Protestants can co-exist with right dogma.
SYRIN/BANSHEE: You've managed to contain us, but can you really 'cure' terrorism?
CAPTAIN IRELAND/JEAN GREY: As long as there is hope, people will yearn for paradise.
SYRIN/BANSHEE: Fine; we'll return to hell, but remember our omen regarding vanity!



After the bright Captain Ireland and Jean Grey dispelled the evil Syrin and Banshee and returned them to hell, they spread the word to the good people of Belfast (Northern Ireland) that the schisms and troubles between the Catholics and Protestants co-existing there for multiple generations would certainly find ways to use the public forum to address real-life concerns. This would ensure that everyone would avoid the pitfalls of vain disaster. There were suddenly new creative wall-paintings and cell-phone digital-images of Parliament diarism regarding Belfast democracy.



CAPTAIN IRELAND: I suppose we can finally relax!
JEAN GREY: It seems there's hope for positive democratic dialogue.
CAPTAIN IRELAND: Belfast will not become a place of damnation.
JEAN GREY: There's potential for serious spiritualism.
CAPTAIN IRELAND: Catholics and Protestants co-exist in other parts of the world!
JEAN GREY: Sure; there're ways to oversee Parliamentary activities conducive to traffic.
CAPTAIN IRELAND: The modern world is threatened by terrorism.
JEAN GREY: That's why we keep faith in design.
CAPTAIN IRELAND: God bless Belfast.

====

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on February 10, 2020
Last Updated on February 10, 2020
Tags: Political Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Alien B+ Alien B+

A Story by Abishai100


Football-B Football-B

A Story by Abishai100