The Portuguese Soccer Ball

The Portuguese Soccer Ball

A Story by Abishai100
"

Batman and Harley Quinn travel to the soccer-cheering nation of Portugal to take notes about how sports might extinguish terrorism in the modern world.

"
Since I myself am not an aficionado of basketball but soccer, I chose to add a 'spiritualism' vignette about world-soccer, since that's the sport that really strikes my 'human' fancy! I can tell you that visiting Portugal as a tourist to watch a soccer game at the Estadio Nacional is a thing worth doing, no matter what kind of tourist you are!
Thanks again for reading (signing off),




====

"Portugal produced three legendary world-soccer stars, Eusebio, Figo, and Ronaldo. This elevated Portuguese soccer to the level of international recognition. While other nations such as Argentina and Italy are considered more invested in soccer financially, the rise of these three Portuguese soccer-stars put Portugal on the map! Now, there are legions of soccer fans who follow and cheer Portuguese soccer. That's the subject of our vignette."



"My name is Ajay. I'm actually the masked urban vigilante known as Batman. I'm traveling to Portugal this summer to watch the soccer-star Ronaldo play in live games at the Estadio Nacional stadium in Lisbon. I'm going there with my arch-nemesis, who happens to be a woman. This woman is the nefarious and cunning NYC criminal and terrorist named Harley Quinn. I've convinced her that appreciating world-soccer this summer might inspire her to think more about peace and virtue. She's agreed to travel to Portugal with me to watch soccer and debate about sports, to see if my claim holds any special merit! I'm rather excited for this peace-journey."



"Harley Quinn always dresses very scandalously to remind the people that terrorism is an aesthetic thrill. You see, she's a real firebrand, a true hellraiser. Were I not to contend with her intellectually, I might never be able to denounce her terrible anarchistic claims to the public. That's why I'm taking her with me to Portugal to watch soccer games and refute her insistent claim that modern crime and terrorism is about panache and style. It's not. It's about forsaking humility. I wonder what the seductive and dangerous Harley Quinn will say about soccer in the peaceful nation of Portugal. We'll find out."



"Harley Quinn and I arrive in the inviting country of Portugal in the summertime and begin to enjoy some of the games at the Estadio Nacional stadium. We notice the cheering crowds and how everyone's in love with soccer in Europe. We notice how soccer in Portugal is a thing of splendor and flair and why the athletes consider themselves 'role-models' of society and culture! We both appreciate the marketing and fanfare behind this awesome social activity in Portugal, and I prepare to debate with Harley Quinn about how sports encourages peace and dissuades everyone from indulging in the darkness of terrorism!"



BATMAN (AJAY): I dare say all this European human activity intrigues you!
HARLEY QUINN: Don't pretend I'm convinced that terrorism is a waste.
BATMAN: I don't claim to be able to transform you; I simply want to challenge you!
HARLEY QUINN: Alright; well, I admit Portuguese people seem to toast soccer well.
BATMAN: It's one of their favorite pastimes and social things to do and watch!
HARLEY QUINN: I agree; I suppose the impact of their three legends contributes.
BATMAN: Yes, Eusebio, Figo, and Ronaldo have boosted Portuguese soccer to the level of fireworks!
HARLEY QUINN: Yes, but what does that illuminate about terrorism in Europe?
BATMAN: Well, for one thing, it does suggest that there are things that help people put aside wrath!
HARLEY QUINN: True, but you can't cure human instincts towards anarchy with simple sports-games.
BATMAN: I'm not saying sports cures war and psychosis, but soccer in Portugal is a social marvel!
HARLEY QUINN: I suppose you have a point, but certainly, terrorism is not addressed with basic culture.
BATMAN: I know sports is simply a 'sub-culture' but it does promote human teamwork and fanfare.
HARLEY QUINN: Yes, the Portuguese fans of soccer are certainly 'ornamentel' and dazzled.
BATMAN: That's my point; maybe there're things 'lurking' in the human mind that create images of peace!
HARLEY QUINN: Alright; well, I'll add there are certainly numerous very attractive female soccer fans in Portugal.
BATMAN: I've noticed that too, Harley Quinn; the women who cheer on soccer in Portugal are definitely gorgeous!

HARLEY QUINN: I suppose you might be able to generate an article in Vanity Fair about soccer...and humanity.
BATMAN: Consider dropping your terrorism and working on such an article with me when we return to America!
HARLEY QUINN: Perhaps I'll consider it; but I'm not thrilled at the notion of returning to Arkham Asylum.
BATMAN: Arkham Asylum boasts the finest psychiatrists who can talk to you about antisocial urges.
HARLEY QUINN: We'll see...let's just continue to enjoy some of this Portuguese humanity for now.
BATMAN: Fine.

HARLEY QUINN: I'll admit, Batman, perhaps I've underestimated your sense of anthropology!

BATMAN: Fine.


"Batman and Harley Quinn (that's me, Ajay, and Harley!) took multiple photos of the gorgeous female fans of soccer in Portugal. This would complement the piece they'd work on together back in America regarding the 'humanity' promoted by soccer in the modern world. Batman/Ajay noted that the attractive female fans of soccer accented how soccer in Portugal was a thing of great social symbolism and human joy. This was life at its best. Surely, this could cure the anathema of terrorism."



"The soccer games at the Estadio Nacional were outstanding! Batman and Harley Quinn appreciated how they represented the very best of European culture and spiritual fanfare. It was no wonder that so many European soccer games in the modern world were broadcast on TV for people from all around the globe to enjoy and appreciate. The media had turned soccer into a thing comparable to the diarism of the Olympics itself. Batman (Ajay) was happy."



"Batman and Harley Quinn noticed all the splendor of the city of Lisbon (Portugal) too. They took photos of the decorative and colorful European city. How had 9/11 destroyed humanity's sensitive sense of democracy?"



"Harley Quinn had noted a funny aspect of soccer-culture and fanfare in Europe/Portugal. She noted that a number of the female soccer fans in Portugal were quite beautiful/attractive. This surely suggested that soccer was a very popular and symbolic social activity in Europe. Would this be a possible subject of a travel book or culture-exposure cinematographic movie? Perhaps."



"Of course, soccer was also a very serious sport to Portuguese people. It was considered a way to celebrate human fitness and excellence! The wealthy businessmen and patrons of Portuguese soccer presented themselves as 'medal-worthy' representatives of human networking. Soccer was a thing of customs in Portugal, to be sure."



"The art in Portugal reflected the people's love of color and social life. This was Europe, after all. Batman and Harley Quinn noted that soccer, like life itself in Portugal, was a thing of certain daydreams."



"This is why kids' soccer-clubs in Portugal were considered so symbolic and important. Parents invested in these clubs and encourages their kids to aspire to join the national team someday and add to the list of Portuguese soccer legends such as Figo. Batman and Harley Quinn took some photos of these kids' clubs."



"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled" (Matthew 5).

====




© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
Added on February 11, 2020
Last Updated on February 11, 2020
Tags: Sports, Comics

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Town Leaves Town Leaves

A Story by Abishai100





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5