Cyclonus & Erron Black: Western Diary

Cyclonus & Erron Black: Western Diary

A Story by Abishai100
"

A typical rugged mercenary-cowboy and an alien-robot visiting Earth decide to discuss the complexity of capitalism as it has developed in the Old West of America!

"
I wanted to offer up a capitalism-vignette referencing two of my very favorite folk-fiction/comics and video-game avatars Cyclonus (a wolfish Machiavellian A.I. robot from Hasbro's popular Transformers media franchise) and Erron Black (a surefire American mercenary and sharp-shooter and all-around spirited cowboy from the popular Mortal Kombat video-game franchise). Cyclonus and Erron Black in this little and final capitalism-themed vignette are symbolically talking about the relevant symbolism of the Green Dragon (a creature symbolizing envy and ambition) in discussions about capitalism design! This vignette was inspired by the recent film Cowboys & AliensThanks for reading (signing off),


====

A wily loner in the Old West of America named Erron Black was a zombie-like cowboy who was basically a mercenary. He traveled around the West looking for contracts to get money for food and shelter. He was ruthless, precise in shooting, and a very effective mercenary. One day, Erron Black was sitting by his campfire when he noticed an alien-ship land some distance away! He ran to the ship and was stunned to see a large humanoid purple-colored robot get out of the spaceship. The robot greeted Erron Black and told him his name was Cyclonus and that he was from the robot-planet of Cybertron, which was far away from Earth. Cyclonus explained he visited Earth to see what human civilization was like, since he'd been spying on humans from his planet using special radar-beams and collecting data on America and humanity's way of life. Cyclonus explained he noticed that Americans were pioneers and pirates simultaneously and wanted to know what Erron Black thought about human civilization and about America! Cyclonus explained to Erron Black that he'd regarded America and human civilization as things of natural ambition and wondered if the mercenary agreed or disagreed! What followed was a rather intriguing debate/discussion between two rather different characters. Cyclonus was wolfish and Machiaveliian, while Erron Black was certainly profit-minded and had mercenary-sensibilities, though he was quite fond of American pioneerism!


----

CYCLONUS: America is host to the symbolic Green Dragon!
ERRON BLACK: Green Dragon?
CYCLONUS: Yes, the Green Dragon represents protifeerism and envy!
ERRON BLACK: Why is America the representative of profiteers and the envious?
CYCLONUS: Wouldn't you agree America is host to all kinds of gold-diggers?
ERRON BLACK: American expansion now is complex, but there's some decent theatrics!
CYCLONUS: Theatrics?
ERRON BLACK: Yes, Americans appreciate taverns hosting various travelers.
CYCLONUS: Do you think this consciousness will change?
ERRON BLACK: I doubt it; Americans are fond of pedestrian drink!
CYCLONUS: You seem to know much about American spirit.
ERRON BLACK: Well, I'm serving you now as an unofficial diplomat of humanity, right?
CYCLONUS: Right!
ERRON BLACK: Well, I've done traveling and know a bit about American imagination.
CYCLONUS: Would you disagree with my Machiavellian evaluation?
ERRON BLACK: I can't disagree completely; but I maintain America is more varied than you imply!
CYCLONUS: Yet you're a straightforward mercenary --- isn't that something of a strict view of pragmatism?
ERRON BLACK: I have my moments of colorful optimism as a 'singing' cowboy, though I remain simple.
CYCLONUS: Well, do you get lonely wandering around the American West as a mercenary-cowboy?
ERRON BLACK: It's hard being lonely under the prairie-skies of night-stars...in America.
CYCLONUS: That's rather elegiac; but you did admit Americans appreciate a 'good old' pirate song!
ERRON BLACK: Well, yes, the cowboy 'aesthetic' caters to some typical profiteer bravado.
CYCLONUS: Maybe America will negotiate pioneerism with romanticism!
ERRON BLACK: I think so; especially since capitalism in America is a theory of weight.
CYCLONUS: So you doubt Americans will raise up symbolic tycoons...or tyrants?
ERRON BLACK: Why're you doing this detailed study of human civilization and America?
CYCLONUS: I'm merely interested in human input on the ergonomics of capitalism imagination.
ERRON BLACK: You've come to the right time and place --- the American West is about gold.
CYCLONUS: In that case, perhaps I'll return to Earth in the 21st Century to see capitalism progress!
ERRON BLACK: That might be interesting; you might find some nice developments in banks and hotels.
CYCLONUS: We'll see; thanks for your candor.
ERRON BLACK: Sure; maybe you and I can agree about the 'flowery' of American/human ballads!
CYCLONUS: Maybe.
====





"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)






{Cyclonus & Erron Black}


© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on March 14, 2020
Last Updated on March 14, 2020
Tags: Capitalism Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing