The Ostrich

The Ostrich

A Story by Abishai100
"

Harley Quinn opens a speakeasy-nightclub which caters to the underworld after hours and makes people wonder if crime can be a thing of wonder.

"
This Batman (DC Comics) fan-fiction was something that needed to be written and was inspired by the new Harley Quinn character in cinema portrayed by actress Margot Robbie! It's my last homage to the city and night-world of the 'dark knight' and represents urban fascination with controlling yearnings.

Thanks so much for reading (signing off),


====

It was 3 a.m. in Harlem and Harley Quinn, New York's clown-costumed hellraiser wanted to see what she could do with the money she stole from the Arizona State Bank, about $7 million! Harley had become notorious in America for her special penchant for crime and ornamented mischief. She'd eluded the FBI almost perfectly and wanted to branch out in her criminal interests in public theatrics. She decided that late night in Harlem that she'd open and run an underworld nightclub. Harley Quinn furiously began hatching her plan and laying out the blueprints for her dangerous nightclub.

Harley purchased an abandoned and condemned apartment building which was set to be either torn down or completely renovated and had the entire four-story complex redone through a mafia controlled building contractor. Harley then hired special security guards, big time gang thugs from the city to man the safety protocols for her multi-story nightclub which of course would feature sexy New York dancers in a hash-lounge on the third floor. The fourth floor would be reserved for poker games played by New York's biggest crime fatcats.

Harley Quinn decided to call her ambitious underworld speakeasy nightclub, the Ostrich. The front of her building would be done as a simple apartment-building face, and fake tenants recruited from the criminal society of Harlem would purchase leased deeds to the various rooms, so Harley could register the complex as residential. All the furniture in the rooms would be easy to move and fold and store IKEA low-height furniture, so the nightclub crowd could enter in the late hours of the night after the Ostrich staff moved the residential furniture and transformed the building daily into a neon 1920s-era stylized speakeasy. To enter Harley's Ostrich nightclub, you'd have to know the daily password!

HARLEY: "I'm calling the Harlem after-hours nightclub, the Ostrich, so the underworld gang attending its outrageous parties can feel close to human nature and proverbially duck their heads and feel hidden from the pursuit of John Law! Remember folks, the Ostrich is as much about escaping the world as it is about celebrating the natural vitality of modern urban crime. It will be the perfect 'oasis' for Devil's Night or Valentine's Day, so let the bullets rain!"

After one year's worth of successful operations, the Ostrich became the after-hours toast of the New York underworld. Everyone who was virtually anyone was invited to Harley Quinn's nightclub to celebrate the vivacious face of real evil. You have to understand that Harley Quinn was no fan of Jesus Christ and was tracked by the FBI for her role in the kidnapping and decapitation of over 10 political officials, 4 policewomen, 6 cabbies, 4 Broadway artists, and over a dozen druglord dominion challengers. The Ostrich was a neon inferno and a place where the Devil's children could gather to pronounce their affinity for American darkness. Was Harley Quinn an anti-Magdalene, or was she simply a dark rendition of Martha Stewart?

====


"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth" (Matthew 5)



© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
Added on March 14, 2020
Last Updated on March 14, 2020
Tags: Batman Fan-Fiction

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Ronin Ages Ronin Ages

A Story by Abishai100