The Quarantine Dollhouse: A Comic Dream

The Quarantine Dollhouse: A Comic Dream

A Story by Abishai100
"

An idealistic blogger and crusader in California delivers words and images of drama during the Coronavirus detention!

"
Here's one more Coronavirus quarantine prayer parable, inspired by the film And the Band Played On. Thanks for reading (signing off),
++++
====

Isaac Castle was a major comic book writer and artist who was creating avant-garde depictions of the offbeat Marvel Comics anti-heroine Typhoid Mary, a psionic/telekinetic woman who lived underground and often bouted with the likes of Deadpool and Daredevil. Isaac wanted to cast Typhoid Mary as the ultimate Coronavirus pandemic time 'avatar' and therefore became her unofficial online advocate and merchant!



Isaac purchased a handsome silver Vespa scooter-bike and rode it around his hometown in Northern California during the Coronavirus pandemic, delivering supplies and religious items to homes under quarantine as well as Typhoid Mary art. Isaac became the area's great comic book oriented Coronavirus quarantine time priest, and his Vespa was his perfect vehicle.



Isaac also carried a slick Decepticon silencer-pistol which he got from a friend who worked in Hollywood. Isaac brought this gun with him to his Vespa rides around California while delivering supplies during the Coronavirus quarantine. Isaac's slick gun shot tranquilizer-bullets, which didn't actually pierce the flesh. This gun enabled Isaac to travel at night and avoid any ruffians or vandals exploiting the tenable quarantine situation by loitering and making trouble on the streets!



Isaac befriended a Hollywood media personality named Sofia who was as intrigued by his love of Typhoid Mary as he was, and together they decided to do a joint Marvel Comics quarantine prayer blog series, advocating the symbolism of the Marvel Comics anti-heroine and why arguably she represented modern social rhetoric in times of great urban crisis. Isaac and his Hollywood friend/girlfriend became Typhoid Mary's great media diplomats!



Isaac himself decided to pose in special masks and costumes for blogs about becoming a Coronavirus quarantine time 'social vigilante' named Darkman. As 'Darkman' the vigilante, Isaac Castle could promote the social symbolism of Marvel Comics' Typhoid Mary even further, arguing that kids and adults alike appreciated how the anti-heroine captured Californians' imaginations about defying modern malady with creative self-transformation. Isaac ('Darkman') was just what California needed.



Isaac/Darkman went on a terrific California crusade and caught the attention of a major computer firm manager named Shirley Hopkins who was working with Gateway and Apple to deliver quick and convenient Interface-ready devices to homes under quarantine to ensure regular commercial and personal activity in the indoor world. Hopkins wanted to promote Isaac/Darkman as a great California crusader 'avatar' who symbolized new age crisis-time journalism. Hopkins planned a clever TV campaign about the delivery of automated diction in times of quarantine.



The global Coronavirus pandemic was a real tribulation for humanity and it came at the worst time, when burgeoning new millennium optimism and rhetoric regarding worldwide consumerism/capitalism made everyone excited about the continued flow of unfiltered human traffic! Suddenly, everyone was indoors, and people had to rely on the reliability of goods and services delivered to the indoor world. The Coronavirus altered the way humanity conceived of practical dreams.



Isaac/Darkman got a special offer from Playboy magazine to appear in one of their Internet magazine ads and online issues about the accessibility of everyday lifestyle comforts during the great American quarantine. This sleek and sexy Playboy marketing campaign would posit Isaac/Darkman as a new age 'crusader' symbol who just might arouse the interest of various comely young citizens in American society such as beautiful voting women.



However, all was not well in sunny California. A dark individual named Kingpin who happened to be a druglord with ties to British Columbia wanted to become an antagonist to the crusade in California created by Isaac/Darkman. Kingpin was an overweight mass of evil and he plotted to have Darkman assassinated so he could go in the press and loudly declare another approach to quarantine time rhetoric --- one of explicit capitalist detention. Kingpin therefore sought to destroy Isaac's design and become a new kind of California dealer.



Isaac/Darkman defied Kingpin's evil by creating a new Internet blog series about the appeal of ancient world avatars such as Medusa (deity of hypnosis) and Shiva (deity of destruction) who captured humanity's fascination with democratic intellect in times of great social despair. Isaac/Darkman described these avatars as idealized new age symbols for social rhetoric about the mobilization of great dialogic daydreams. This infuriated Kingpin.



Isaac/Darkman then made a blog about the social appeal of the DC Comics vigilante-sidekick Robin, the ally of the dark knight Batman in Gotham City, and why and how Robin captured the youthful interest in urban crusades during times of crisis. Robin was young and imaginative and reflected American youngsters' attitudes towards activism and democracy in times of despair. Isaac/Darkman was finally disclosing the darkness of the deadly Kingpin.



Isaac/Darkman decided to purchase a classic Apple Macintosh on eBay and had delivered to the apartment he shared with his girlfriend in California. Isaac/Darkman made various dioramas and diagrams of American history leading up to the Coronavirus pandemic on this classic Macintosh and printed these dioramas and presentations out for a billboard mosaic he intended to create in a park in San Francisco, so passerby would note Americans' optimistic attitudes towards diction in times of plague!



Was Isaac Castle a real force for change or just a modest citizen trying to make everyone a bit more cheerful about Coronavirus quarantine time depression? What was certain was that Americans were pleased with creative forms of drama in this time of stress!

====


"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on April 18, 2020
Last Updated on April 18, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Devil's One Devil's One

A Story by Abishai100