Gotham by Scooter: A Quarantine Portrait

Gotham by Scooter: A Quarantine Portrait

A Story by Abishai100
"

An idealist uses the mobility-enhancing Vespa scooter to talk about daylight during the 'Great Quarantine' tribulation created by the global Coronavirus pandemic in 2020.

"
Here's a Coronavirus quarantine tribulation parable about teamwork and daydreams, inspired by the teamwork-dream comic book film, Batman & Robin , which I hope you will really like! Stay safe all, and God bless (signing off),
++++
====

Isaac Castle was a self-proclaimed Internet-blogging 'democracy defending vigilante' known as Shadow who wrote about modern media issues such as free-speech and WikiLeaks intrigue. When the Coronavirus pandemic and quarantine came, Shadow decided to make a series of blogs about the social value of appreciating modern mobility in times of great crisis. He made blogs with his photos paired along images of mobility symbolic portraits that specifically included photos of scooter-bikes, specifically Vespa scooters. These photo-pairings represented Shadow's conviction that the global quarantine would not stifle humanity's basic yearning for civilization dialogue.



Shadow (Isaac Castle) showcased brilliant models of iconic Vespa scooters on his blogs about finding mobility and transportation in modern cities during the global Coronavirus quarantine. Perhaps people would ride around in masks and gloves on Vespa scooters in Europe to deliver medical supplies and foods to their communities as people were huddled together indoors to avoid spreading the terrible disease. The Vespa scooters Shadow 'advertised' were symbols of new age dogma.



Shadow decided to move to NYC and make a series of political cartoon oriented Internet blogs about DC Comics characters Batman (a masked urban vigilante) and Talia al Ghul (a former crime syndicate head of the underground group 'Leviathan' and sometime friend/girlfriend of Batman who was secretly the Gotham City businessman-socialite Bruce Wayne). Shadow (Isaac Castle) posited that Talia al Ghul would be romanced in Gotham during the Coronavirus quarantine by Bruce/Batman who would woo her by showing her the mobility advantage of a Vespa scooter and making her Gotham's official 'quarantine' model.



Shadow (Isaac Castle) made a series of DC Comics fan-fiction political cartoons depicting Bruce Wayne (Batman) rallying his forces in Gotham City and enlisting Talia al Ghul as his idealized Vespa scooter mobility muse. These quarantine-time political cartoons about Gotham City represented Shadow's interest in using storytelling to dispel natural modern fears about disease-related demagoguery.



Shadow (Isaac Castle) even supplied some of his own comic book doodle-drawing renditions of Talia al Ghul and Batman in courtship and embrace, serving as Gotham City diplomats of quarantine-time mobility and the advocacy of teamwork and resource-sharing during the global pandemic. These fan-fiction doodle-drawings presented natural ideas about enduring times of great distress with ideas about mobility...and design!



Shadow (Isaac Castle) decided to use some of his impressive inherited money to throw a lavish summer ballroom party in NYC, in the newly-constructed Gotham Hall, to celebrate the newly implanted notion that quarantine-time mobility storytelling about the handy-dandy Vespa scooters would inspired everyday people to think about how disease would not destroy the basic civilization interest in sustained dance. This summer ball was highly-publicized in the press.



Shadow recruited multiple companies to endorse the summer event and took as his date a lovely media celebrity and actress named Amherst Green. Shadow and Amherst caught the eye of many journalists when they arrived at Gotham Hall in a very expensive gold Vespa scooter wearing masks and gloves which they didn't remove, like everyone else, until they went inside the ballroom. Amherst was the Talia muse to Shadow's self-crowned Batman.



The Coronavirus devastated global consciousness and the modern complacency towards arrogant beliefs in sustained high-commerce and traffic in this new age of exuberant media and marketing. Perhaps the disease was an 'extension' of an overly-inflated sense of unmitigated traffic confidence, not unlike the Depression which sunk the hearts of America right after the Roaring Twenties. Shadow described this quarantine experience as the ultimate sobering drama.



However, not everyone shared Shadow's humility. A rogue bank robbery gang known as Red Hood rose to prominence during this quarantine and began performing daring heists in masks all over Europe. Red Hood gang became the new menace and threatened the fragile humility that guided the world towards unity and sustainable life indoors in the year 2020.



Shadow (Isaac Castle) decided to make a series of political cartoon comic book stories about the Red Hood gang, depicting them as the opposite of romanticized thieves during the Great Depression in America. Shadow characterized this new threat to quarantine sanity and humility as the ultimate modern signpost of anti-establishment drama!



Meanwhile, Shadow also made some Internet blogs with him in costumes posed as a 'rogue vigilante' espousing the wisdom of daily hygiene and lifestyle habits such as recycling. Shadow referenced important media figures in Western civilization who were equally outspoken about eco-issues and lifestyle advice during the Great Quarantine.



Shadow decided to have a custom-made gold-and-brass 'champagne gun' crafted by a gun-maker in Amsterdam (Netherlands) and took the champagne-gun to a gathering of environmental activists hosted by the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation in northern California in the autumn of 2020. This champagne-gun symbolized a special kind of idealism during the Great Quarantine.



Shadow (Isaac Castle) kept a special and precious silver Vespa scooter keychain in his pocket as a token of his newfound crusade about advocating humble social mobility and resource delivery during the global quarantine. This scooter-keychain was as important to Shadow as arguably Batman's toolbelt was to the fictional caped crusader in Gotham.



Shadow's Vespa-campaign caught the attention of media superstar Tom Cruise who decided to complement the 'online vigilante' campaign with some of his own media images and ads about super-powered bikes, as a toast to the modernism flowery and tech-engineering that would help humanity get through this quarantine tribulation with a certain daydream flair!



Suddenly, the media was calling Shadow (Isaac Castle) the real-life Batman (and Bruce Wayne!). His publicized relationship with Amherst Green was also making waves and perhaps this was helping all Americans get over the gloomy notion that this was truly another Great Depression.



Was Shadow a modern spokeshero for the magic of the Vespa scooter? Would Vespa help humanity come out of the 'shadow' of quarantine-time depression with a certain dioramic flair?



Shadow's new media celebrity ally Tom Cruise meanwhile was talking about the special magic of celebrating his reignited relationship with media celebrity and actress Katie Holmes as they celebrated the birth of their new daughter Daylight during the Great Quarantine.



SHADOW (Isaac Castle): "We have to keep faith in basic institutions and the magic of design such as Vespa scooters which remind us that no experience, regardess of the flavor of quarantine, will end the human yearning for complete daydreams! That's the conviction that makes Gotham a beacon for modern human drama. Maybe the Vespa scooter will be to the Great Quarantine what Ovaltine was to Americans during the Great Depression. That's my hope."

====

++++
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)


© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
Added on April 22, 2020
Last Updated on April 22, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Devil's One Devil's One

A Story by Abishai100