Sphere: Quarantined Sanity

Sphere: Quarantined Sanity

A Story by Abishai100
"

The Coronavirus quarantine tribulation prompts a new media company, Inside America, to create a psychological platform for societal doctoring during the pandemic!

"
Here's an important clinical psychology vignette about quarantine-time sanity during this Coronavirus tribulation, inspired by the symbolic film Sphere, which I hope you will all read and like! Thanks so much (signing off...finally I think!),
++++

====
During the 2020 Coronavirus quarantine, Americans were staying indoors and watching new age media on TV, YouTube, and Apple-TV and iTunes. This was the age of media and technology, and the Internet facilitated work, play, and commerce and study indoors, which made new age media and entertainment avatars such as fictional A.I. cartoon robots symbols of modern imagination. Robots like Cyclonus and Agus became hallmarks of a new aesthetic suited for quarantine amenities and lifestyle during the Coronavirus pandemic.

An American media mogul named Amherst Green capitalized on this quarantine-consciousness by marketing Netflix as the new Hubble. People around the USA and the world could instantly access their favorite cinema and television uploaded to Netflix and use this media to make indoor life a thing of great luxury during the Coronavirus tribulation. Ms. Green sought to use this Netflix phenomenon to create a modern marketing angle conducive to indoor consumerism and hence the vitality of capitalism itself.

Amherst's new company Inside America was marketing various new age toys and applications such as golden guns, glowing robots, Lego cities, and ABCMouse.com as totems of indoor imagination. Inside America was making the provocative statement that this kind of indoor amenity thinking was returning humanity towards the natural state of cave-like existence, perhaps something intended in the original Garden of Eden.

Inside America decided to create a new classic cartoon resurgence market on Netflix which saw a return of vintage comic book programs such as Challenge of the Superfriends, The Legion of Doom, Aquaman, and Green Arrow become resurrected cartoons what audiences could easily download for home entertainment. Suddenly, classic comics avatars such as Black Manta and other unusual super-villains became a hit again with kids in the modern world during the Coronavirus quarantine.

Inside America funded a social quarantine field trip to the Seattle Space Needle in the summer of 2020, while the Coronavirus quarantine was still in effect in America and the world. This field trip to the Needle would see Netflix members grouped together and pre-cleansed and sanitized for contagion-concerns and flocked together to the Needle for one special day when the building was reopened for the publicized tourist event. Inside America was creating a new kind of quarantine resilience daydream made possible through modern media of course.

As Hollywood celebrities continued to market new films carefully wrought during the quarantine tribulation, they opted for Inside America marketing campaigns designed to highlight and create profit margins for ready-made classic films that established thespians already made and were already lauded for in terms of vanity fair diaries. Inside America therefore became a beacon or lighthouse for American couture during the quarantine. How would anthropologists mark this special cultural achievement?

While Inside America was continuing its comic book media presentations on Netflix, more and more kids were reporting to their parents they were having strange and lucid dreams about being 'visited' by the specters of superhumans comic book characters! These reports were considered very strange, and psychologists wondered if it was a side-effect of the quarantine experience. These kids claimed they were having dreams in which Batman, Wonder Woman, Black Manta, and Cheetah (and other DC Comics avatars) were visiting them and commanding them to take helm of civilization as media cheerleaders.

However, some of these same kids also reported they were having lucid dreams in which the two Superfriends (DC Comics) superheroes Green Arrow and Green Lantern were also visiting them during their sleep and assuring them they'd tackle the negative villainous influence of the super-evil characters who were visiting them during their sleep and making suggestive commands. Arrow/Lantern were assuring these kids that the super-villains would not be allowed to create a command dominion during the Coronavirus quarantine. These kids therefore reported to their parents and psychologists that they believed the quarantine experience was creating a fantastic netherworld war between heroes and villains.

Inside America decided to respond to this new dangerous psychological trend by marketing DC Comics super-villain toys and action-figures on Amazon. These toys would be sold to kids during the Coronavirus quarantine to assure the world that parents still wielded control over the sociological impact of media marketing during the great tribulation. They wouldn't need Arrow/Lantern to save the kids from the grip of villains like Cheetah, Manta, and Toyman.

Inside America decided to start marketing a new line Alien sci-fi horror franchise comic books that was kid-friendly. The franchise was otherwise geared towards adult entertainment and was extremely graphic, so the new line of Alien media on Netflix and comic book complements kids could buy online were much more sci-fi in scope and conducive to digestible values storytelling. This Alien media during the Coronavirus quarantine would further offer illumination regarding the offerings of parents in the modern world for kids finding indoor-life media entertainment and not worrying about the negative impact of claustrophobia! Alien stories did, after all offer society views on princely escapism.

The new Alien media on Netflix and its spinoff comics marketed cleverly by Ms. Green and Inside America offered society a new creature-avatar called the Red Xenomorph (RX). This deviant alien was a body bursting predatory insect-dragon, rather large in size, that represented pure malice and anarchy and reflected humanity's fears of species disintegration during environmental exploration. The RX creature became a big hit with kids on Netflix and its spinoff comics, and Inside America made the bold claim that Arrow/Lantern were no longer needed by humanity to preserve the sanity.

However, despite the fact that kids were no longer having strange suggestive dreams during the Coronavirus quarantine in which Arrow/Lantern visited them to tell them that they'd need protection from the Legion of Doom super-villains and other evildoers during the tribulation, comic book media on Netflix during the tribulation marketed by Inside America continued to focus on avatars symbolizing pure insanity. These super-avatars like Cheetah and Wonder Woman were marketed to send the message that quarantine life required a new kind of 'providence' imagination. Would this create a dart-mouth war in the mind?

AMHERST GREEN: We assure America that quarantine entertainment on Netflix and modern media will offer the world a way to embrace this new tribulation as an opportunity to huddle together and share the amenities of the modern world and get through this otherwise viral tribulation, which is why Inside America is partnering with Princeton University to create indoor-life psychology webinars designed to promote balanced diarism! We're confident Inside America and Princeton can offer the world a new form of journalism. Perhaps this will create better funding for Westinghouse and Johns Hopkins. God bless America.
====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on May 3, 2020
Last Updated on May 3, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Devil's One Devil's One

A Story by Abishai100