The Lena Heady Romance

The Lena Heady Romance

A Story by Abishai100
"

A Princeton professor mourns the haunting loss of his wife but meets an actress during the Coronavirus quarantine who might offer him an other-worldly drawing experience!

"
Here's a Coronavirus ghostly love-story inspired by the film What Lies Beneath, which I hope you'll read and like. Thanks for reading (signing off),
++++
====

Isaac was a happy Princeton professor of mathematics and studying nonlinear algebra and chaos theory in the autumn of 2019. He was an avid fan of the Internet and liked blogging about the metaphysics of number theory on various math forums.



Isaac studied math at Dartmouth College before becoming a Princeton math professor. He wrote a thesis about matrix math before taking a position at Princeton studying chaos theory and teaching courses on nonlinear solid state physics and finite math topology. However, he was lonely at Princeton.



That changed when Isaac met Princeton literature professor Jean Grey. They fell in love and married in December 2019. They were head-over-heels-in love. Isaac was happy, truly happy, for the first time in his quiet life. Jean made him happy. She was bright and beautiful and a respected teacher at Princeton.



However, in February 2020, Jean was infected with the Coronavirus COVID-19 and died in March. Isaac was devastated. He kept photos of her funeral in March for his math forum posts about lonely Princeton professors grieving the loss of their beloved wives. He was in shambles, the poor chap!



Isaac decided to take a needed vacation to a timeshare in Virginia and was taking a walk one late night when he swore he saw the shadowy visage of his departed wife Jean Grey in the glowing window of a neighboring cabin. He didn't know what to think really. He was a little unnerved actually.



When Isaac returned to Princeton, there was news of a major stage-and-screen celebrity Lena Heady who was going to visit the quarantined campus for an online webinar about modern era thespian aspirations in the world of technology and media. Lena Heady had made a splash for her outstanding work in the TV series on HBO Game of Thrones and for her performance in shocking and groundbreaking neo-noir films Broken and The Purge



Princeton professor Isaac Castle became obsessed with Lena Heady but he didn't really know why or how. He decided to start making pencil drawings of her face before she'd visited the campus for her important online webinar during the American Coronavirus quarantine.



Lena Heady had worked with major film stars already such as Ethan Hawke, Eva Green, and Enrique Iglesias. She was considered a new age screen-and-stage celebrity and well-liked personality on film and in theater and was acclaimed for her role as the evil queen Circe in Game of Thrones on HBO. She was therefore a major celebrity.



Isaac decided to make a beautiful chalk and color-pencil and oil painting of Lena Heady by the time she arrived on the Princeton campus for the online webinar series. All American schools including Ivy League schools were quarantined became of the Coronavirus, but lecture series online and through media such as Heady's webinar offered students a way to keep studying while being forced to live and study indoors. Isaac's painting of Lena was very beautiful indeed.



When Lena Heady arrived on campus and began her online webinar at Princeton at the Moore Christian Schoolhouse building, which was one of the few buildings still kept open and running by maintenance workers and administration, Isaac ran to the building to meet her and show her his paintings and drawings he'd made of and for her. She was very impressed but curious to know why a respected math professor at an Ivy League school was suddenly so intrigued by an actress.



Isaac told her he was in love with her and this love was helping her get over the loss of his dearly departed wife, Princeton literature professor Jean Grey. Isaac then pulled out a pencil-drawing of the Marvel Comics villain Hobgoblin he'd sketched one year ago, thinking he'd share it with a son he'd have with Jean. He gave the eerie drawing of the Hobgoblin to Lena Heady instead who found it quite thrilling. She admitted to him she was taken by all this sudden enchantment.



After Lena completed her first day of acting studio webinar lecture at Princeton, Isaac invited her to his campus house. She accepted the invite and Isaac took her to his green piano where he began playing Fur Elis (Beethoven) for her, which is the song he liked playing for his departed beautiful wife Jean Grey. Isaac explained to Lena that he was in love with Lena and wanted to know if she'd court a relationship with a Princeton professor.



That's when Lena turned to Isaac and made the most unusual and startling revelation. She told him oddly enough that she was indeed the respected stage-and-screen celebrity Lena Heady, but she was now possessed by the ghost and spirit of his departed wife Jean Grey. Lena turned to Isaac and he saw her eyes grow green in color and then she told him to close his eyes and that's when Isaac beheld the seemingly constructed or dreamt image of his departed wife Jean Grey glowing in full green light like a haunting loving specter. When Isaac opened his eyes in shock, Lena Heady kissed him and promised him she'd stay with him and become his loving wife.



Isaac and Lena spent much time together while she was at Princeton giving her webinar lectures about stage-and-screen acting online during the Coronavirus quarantine. After these webinars, Isaac took Lena to his campus house where they made love. He cooked her romantic dinners, and then he showed her classic Lakers-Celtics games wired to his HDTV through his Apple iBook with a handy-dandy HDMI cable. Isaac told Lena that the miracles of modern technology and media had made social access to iconic and memorable civilization events such as the symbolic Lakers-Celtics NBA matchups not only feel fun but also divine during the Coronavirus quarantine tribulation.



Isaac purchased for Lena online a beautiful green-and-gold Indian saree outfit which she wore for him to an indoor quarantined Princeton faculty dinner in the summer of 2020. She looked stunning in it, and he kept staring at her, imagining constantly that somewhere in the visage of the lovely woman Lena he'd just met and courted and loved, there was also the floating loving spirit and presence of his dear but not forever departed soul-mate Jean Grey.



ISAAC: Love me as Lena and Jean, if you will.
LENA: I'll do what I can for you, Isaac.
ISAAC: Do you love me, Lena?
LENA: As much as a living person can!
ISAAC: Then, I'm blessed despite what the Plague took from me.
LENA: Nothing can rob us of soul...not even a plague at Princeton or Providence!

====

++++
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on May 5, 2020
Last Updated on May 5, 2020
Tags: Fable, Princeton, Coronavirus, Ghost-Story

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing