Isaac/Ishmael: A Penn Dragon

Isaac/Ishmael: A Penn Dragon

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two very different Americans during the Coronavirus quarantine experience create two very differing forms of sociocultural drama, a sort of comic book deadbolt!

"
One more quarantine-time fable, a comic book stylized fairy-tale about treating crime with psychiatric kid-gloves and inspired by the film Pulp Fiction! Thanks so much (signing off),
++++

====

Two very different individuals during the Coronavirus quarantine named Isaac and Ishmael were going different ways to deal with the global indoor requirements of survival. Isaac and Ishmael both however wanted to embrace some kind of dark side aesthetic. This made for a modern-day strange fable.



Isaac and Ishmael both were bandits by nature and therefore both used water-guns to perform some small-time convenient store robberies in NYC. They burst into 7-11 stores and told the clerks their water-guns were filled with corrosive acid. These two bandits were not impeded and knocked off these convenient stores during the quarantine and made off with about $4K each.



Isaac and Ishmael both had toy axes in their homes. They believed these toy axes represented their love of fantasy-adventure novels and video-games such as the Genesis' iconic game Golden Axe. Isaac and Ishmael wanted their toy axes to symbolize their special fascination with quarantine-time fantasies.



Isaac and Ishmael then decided to part ways in how they dealt with quarantine-time imagination in America. The Coronavirus had tested humanity's faith in networks and government, but Ishamel and Isaac wanted to create dark side adventure in very different ways. Isaac decided to dress up as a nightcrawling prowler named Nightcrawler.



Isaac decided to make a painting of himself as the elfin dark side humanoid named Nightcrawler which captured his interests in using masks and costumes to create a visage of a netherworld specter of quarantine-time mischief. Nightcrawler was the ultimate urban trickster, and he was something like the opposite of Dick Tracy.



Ishmael meanwhile decided to wear a hockey-mask and go out trolling to terrorize policemen in NYC by carrying a real metal axe. Ishmael decided to call himself an evil version of Casey Jones and became a real hellraiser during quarantine.



As Casey Jones, Ishmael quickly made headlines as a hockey-mask wearing urban Satan who simply wanted to create fear during the quarantine tribulation in America. Casey Jones was simply no joke.



As news and headlines of the various pranks and robberies and crimes of Nightcrawler and Casey Jones spread, people wondered what to make of all this quarantine-time anarchy. Was this like the Apocalypse or like the LA Race Riots of 1992...or both?



Since Isaac and Ishmael both loved ice-hockey, they both purchased toy hockey sets and played in the streets of NYC during quarantine, albeit with protective masks on their face and gloves on their hands. They were ironically very sure to be clean and hygienic during the Coronavirus tribulation, even while they played in the streets late at night.



The news headlines that Isaac (Nightcrawler) and Ishmael (Casey Jones) made during the Coronavirus quarantine experience in America felt like something out of a comic book. A comic book artist wanted to re-present these stories into a reworked and darker version of a Dick Tracy comic book stylized Hollywood (USA) movie.



Americans loved comic books and wondered if this Nightcrawler and Casey Jones quarantine tribulation anarchy had some comic book aesthetic merit! After all, Americans loved making vainglorious movies about past era criminals and ghouls like Billy the Kid and Al Capone so why not make some strange and candid comic book oriented folk-dances with Nightcrawler and Casey Jones. Wouldn't that create some quarantine-time cartoons? Americans did love free-speech and weren't afraid to explore the artistic value of shock-themed quarantine-time art/cinema.



Ironically, all this comic book subculture talk created a resurged demand and interest in the 1990 comic book adapted movie about Dick Tracy starring Warren Beatty. Sales of the movie on Blu-ray disc went through the roof. This was oddly a quarantine-time event of great folkloric proportions. Even cops were entertained!



However, it's important to note that Nightcrawler (Isaac) and Casey Jones (Ishmael) were nevertheless insane, despite all this comic book stylized quarantine-time confetti and blithe sanitizing folklore. Everyone of course knew the cops had to catch these two lunatics, but they wanted to entertain themselves nevertheless during the quarantine with some harmless comic book oriented graffiti and home-entertainment! Everyone suddenly remembered why comic book art reminded Americans of the simple happiness of everyday Smiths.



ISAAC: We'll be canonized.
ISHMAEL: Maybe this is a time of immaculate design...at least for Penn!

====

++++


"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on May 6, 2020
Last Updated on May 6, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Devil's One Devil's One

A Story by Abishai100