Thomas Walks: A Summer-School Memory

Thomas Walks: A Summer-School Memory

A Story by Abishai100
"

A pensive American man walks along the inner-city in America, praising his summer-education course which dissected the diorama of the depressing Coronavirus quarantine.

"
This is one last Coronavirus quarantine vignette about lifestyle meditation inspired by the film And the Band Played On, which I hope you'll read to reflect along with me on all the social complexity and intrigue of this dioramic modern tribulation. Stay safe and God bless (signing off),
++++
====

Thomas walked around in the inner-city in America on a cold day in February thinking about the Coronavirus outbreak. The year was 2020, and Thomas was concerned that all the paranoia and social mobilization fears surrounding containing the COVID-19 virus and finding the best vaccination procedures before the skyrocketing infection rate swallowed up the entire human species would somehow debilitate the human spirit itself. After all, there was so much concerning the daily lifestyle habits in the modern world in America that made people wonder if the Coronavirus quarantine tribulation was somehow an extension of terrible failures in social perspective or habit-consciousness. Did the outbreak result as some kind of pseudo-apocalyptic punishment or backlash created by modern lifestyle traffic coffee-consciousness schizophrenia?

----

Thomas was walking around that inner-city in America on that cold day in  February wearing a mask and gloves to ensure he'd not get infected by a random person walking by not knowing s/he was already infected with COVID-19. Thomas thought back to his days as a youngster when he was selected for the special CTY (Center for Talented Youth) summer education program at Johns Hopkins University when he as 13 years-old, after he scored unusually high in the preparatory PSAT pre-SAT exam and was chosen to be a representative gifted American youngster for summer enrichment studies. Thomas thought of his time at the Johns Hopkins CTY summer school and his special intriguing course on the patterns of psychological deformation created by mass sociological trends, an advanced social studies course called Patterns of Decisions 101.

----

Thomas realized that all the lifestyle traffic consciousness that made the Coronavirus quarantine tribulation in America a certain sociological tower of dissection was somehow a reflection of the individual aspirations that any citizen held in his/her mind in this modern world. Everyone loved drinking Starbucks coffee on their way to work on Wall Street in the 21st Century and was blithefully ignorant of any biolifestyle repercussions of such over-confidence. This was mass over-confidence. This was darn near apocalyptic. Thomas remembered what his professor at his Johns Hopkins CTY summer school advanced course told him about social trends crafted by individual decisions in everyday life and thought that his imagination of walking along the sidewalks of that inner-city in America on that cold day in February might bring him to an important insight into the very nature of modern depression.

----

====

++++

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)




© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on May 11, 2020
Last Updated on May 11, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing