The Emory Digits

The Emory Digits

A Story by Abishai100
"

A dioramic account of the media imagination that helped us get through the dogged complexity of the early days of the Coronavirus quarantine tribulation!

"
One last Coronvirus quarantine vignette, about media IQ, inspired by the film Virtuosity. Thanks so much for reading (signing off),
++++

====

American President Donald Trump was dealing with post-Coronavirus anti-capitalism terrorism rhetoric in the Middle East and worried about its impact on new negotiations between Western oil and OPEC.



Meanwhile, American think tanks were developing advanced algorithms for the macro-management of developing commercial networks after the global quarantine had finally ended.



American artists had developed images of Coronavirus tribulation endurance, and these haunting images became the signposts for modern civilization optimism in a time that otherwise resembled something like the apocalypse itself!



American kids were busy having their parents continue buying them toys online such as the vintage Transformers (Hasbro) toy Scorponok, a giant empire robot of evil dimensions who transformed mechanically into a Decepticon terrorist city as well as a militia oriented large laser-enhanced insidious scorpion creature.



Scorponok aesthetics was the new school, and the Coronavirus tribulation taught us that the stimulation found in modern media represented a global civilization focus on the imagery of pure vanity!



The pre-Coronavirus folk-art and movies and stories about apocalyptic dark cities of blood and ravens represented a social appreciation for post-Orwellian media era fears regarding the complete disarray of socialization optimism in a time of great and extra-human traffic.



If this was the Era of Email, then how would archaeologists measure the symbolic weight of representative consumerism items and tokens such as water-resistant energy-efficient digital sport-wristwatches worn by celebrity athletes in the USA?



The Hindu god Shiva, master of destruction meditated on all these modern developments and considered why civilization had become a virtual billboard for blithe living.



Shiva debated with rival god Ravana about the value of new age cinema and art celebrating ideas and images of grand courage, incredible exploration, evolution, weaponry confidence, and socialization paranoia. These folk-art images of great special mobilization reflected a modern interest in the pure drama of species transformation!



SHIVA: This is the age of folk talk and youthful graffiti!
RAVANA: Everyone uses email.
SHIVA: Maybe modernism is about quarantine!
RAVANA: It's certainly about mobilization.
SHIVA: Everyone likes Amazon and Netgrocer.
RAVANA: Online auctions expand into the global highway.
SHIVA: Capitalism is a branch of design perhaps!
RAVANA: Kids love toys.
SHIVA: Adults like the Home Shopping Network.
RAVANA: Movies about evolution and warfare are cool!
SHIVA: They symbolize an interest in great transformation.
RAVANA: Maybe toys will become more and more dramatic!
SHIVA: Maybe email will be considered a trophy for Harvard.
RAVANA: I suggest we espouse a mobilization aesthetic.
SHIVA: Yes, such an aesthetic speaks to an imagination of cadence.
RAVANA: Isn't modernism all about cadence?
SHIVA: It's certainly about Harvard!
RAVANA: In that case, let's endorse the educational investments in capitalism.
SHIVA: I think we could praise kids' comic book doodle-art online.
RAVANA: Sure; such quarantine-time art speaks to home-schooling values!
SHIVA: The media and technology have made indoor life a thing of art.
RAVANA: That's what's the issue here --- a 'Harvard commitment' to dial tones!
SHIVA: Sure; that's why students today like schools like Emory that invest in oral traditions.
RAVANA: I found a really cool Hobgoblin (Marvel Comics) kids' doodle online during quarantine.
SHIVA: Such a drawing surely symbolizes modern terrorism!



After Shiva and Ravana concluded their timely debate about the contours and aesthetics of modernism and the insights gained from the Coronavirus quarantine, they decided their mission should be about the endorsement of special civilization investments in media and technology dioramas such as the promotion of music-television celebrities who embodied media diaspora!



Perhaps media-tech gurus of the new era such as Bill Gates would be remembered by future archaeologists as certain diplomats of a civilization interest in specific dollar trophies!



Perhaps Harvard would offer its incoming freshmen special introductory sociology courses on the endurance of the Coronavirus tribulation in 2020!



The Alien sci-fi horror-media franchise presented a ghoulish intelligent terror-creature called the Red Xenomorph (RX) who symbolized the pure fear associated with species implosion, and this 'avatar' would be celebrated in new age comics as a character of great doomsday symbolism.



SHIVA: It seems that modern media trophies such as Napster and the iPad reflect a civilization interest in celebrating socialized behaviors, and maybe such idealism is what is behind the endurance of the Coronavirus quarantine tribulation!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on May 13, 2020
Last Updated on May 13, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
A Dark Team A Dark Team

A Story by Abishai100