Neo

Neo

A Story by Abishai100
"

A wily computer nerd decides to perform a symbolic super-chip heist from a museum presenting tech-dioramas during the dreary Coronavirus quarantine.

"
Here's a fun comic book stylized Coronavirus quarantine-time parable about capitalism diarism surfacing because of a special daring feat performed by a special anti-terrorist priest named Neo. This yarn was inspired by the tech-dilemma film Hackers. Thanks so much for reading (signing off),
++++

====

Ishmael Neo was a computer genius and Internet-blogging idealist who wanted to apply his education at Dartmouth and MIT for the development of an avant-garde modern-era computer-tech adventure to create a Coronavirus quarantine-time prayer for American society. He decided to perform the ultimate computer-chip heist in the name of new age folklore. Ishmael Neo  ('Neo') was a real knight.



Neo met a gorgeous Iranian art museum director and painter named Runa Fahd who was very attractive to him and appealed to his creative sensibilities. Neo promised Fahd the moon, and when she asked him why he seemed so pensive about the Coronavirus quarantine, he quietly explained he was in 'awe' over all the splendor of modern tech and how media/tech/Internet had facilitated the full functioning of the modern world under quarantine. Fahd realized she was in love with a real 'priest' in Neo.



Neo wanted to lift/steal a special new super-chip developed by Microsoft and a Japanese company called Swarthmore. While Bill Gates of Microsoft was not supervising the initiative, one of his major executives and engineers was and was working with Swarthmore in Japan to market this 'super-chip' which was to deliver high-speed services around the world in the summer of 2020 during the Coronavirus quarantine. This Microsoft/Swarthmore 'super-chip' was on-display in a working hardware system, colored and coded specially in a computer-museum tech exhibit in Asia. Neo planned to go there to perform the daring heist!



The super-chip was made in duplicate. So there was one original gold super-chip stored in a Microsoft vault. The other, the duplicate, was on-display at the Asian museum. Neo planned to travel to the museum ahead of summer 2020 to steal the duplicate chip and then plan an orchestrated anonymous/vigilante media blogging 'campaign' to talk about modern tech prophecy. This was to be a daring and prophetic tech-oriented quarantine-time dance for the 'priestly' Neo.



The Asian museum displaying the duplicate Microsoft/Swarthmore gold super-chip was also putting on display iconic and symbolic networking and communications tech developed over the years and around the world and sold in America and other continents. This museum exhibit was to invite various key computer industry figures who'd arrive masked of course because of Coronavirus considerations but for a televised event meant to draw attention to the need for modern marketing tech diligence.



The museum exhibit would also feature multiple hands-on virtual reality adventure rooms in which visitors would recreate scenes from symbolic computer/tech inclusive movies from America. These fantasy-adventure exhibits would highlight modern man's complete advanced dependence on machinery and why/how the media-tech universe was keeping civilization floating during the global quarantine created by the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020.



The priestly Neo arrived at the Asian museum, disguised as a European photographer. He insisted that he stay behind the room where the duplicate gold super-chip was on-display, even after the rest of the tour-group and executives had moved onto the other exhibition areas on the special televised event day. When Neo was in the room by himself, he prowled to the security cameras and placed a video-recording screen (which presented a real-time video-shot of the exhibit room) in front of the security camera lenses, so the guards would only see that the room was still just completely empty! He then used a dust-powder mix hidden in the sole of his shoe to expose the laser that was protecting the glass-box exhibition cage where the gold super-chip lay, the laser that would set off the alarms. Neo then cracked the glass box in the right spots using a thin iron poker and then placed the chip he lifted carefully in the sole of his shoe. Neo then darted towards the Virgin Islands with his stolen chip and celebrated on a purchased yacht with his girlfriend Fahd.



After his sensual yacht celebration with his artist-girlfriend Fahd, Neo made a call to the White House and then to Swarthmore software company in Japan and told both groups that the stolen duplicate gold super-chip was to represent a Coronavirus quarantine-time human civilization consciousness regarding the high value of tech in times of great dilemma and quarantine. This was the miracle of indoor life --- a new praise for computers, chips, and the cyber-tapestry. Neo's anonymous announcement, made under the thief-alias 'Judas' made global headlines, as computer employees around the world scrambled to manage this media-spectacle as a modern-day Houdini symbol. Neo was considered the real-life David Copperfield by running computer offices across the globe! He'd managed to create a macro-dollar circus.



NEO: I just hope the celebration of the glamour and allure of this gold super-chip will highlight how mankind has developed a lifestyle-based spiritual appreciation of computers and technology which has facilitated civilization functionality during the global Coronavirus quarantine, when students and laborers are forced to work and study indoors! When a civilization 'trophy' such as the valued Microsoft/Swarthmore gold super-chip is stolen by a media-hyped 'pirate' and is talked about in the headlines, humanity realizes it's creating 'champagne-dreams' about a new brand of intelligence. This is the real miracle of technology --- demonstrative capitalism folklore.

====
++++

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)


© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on May 20, 2020
Last Updated on May 20, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable, Tech

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing