Irish Pub and Curry House*

Irish Pub and Curry House*

A Story by Abishai100
"

Isaac opens a restaurant catering to sympathizers of modern Protestant-Catholic dollars!

"
Here's a capitalism-vignette about pluralism consciousness, inspired by the enchantment film Mystic Pizza! Signing off,
====

Isaac opened an Irish Pub and Curry House and merged with the Kennedy company to form the joint restaurant which catered to IRA (Irish Republican Army) sympathizers.



Isaac, half-Indian and half-Algerian, not only had a flair for curry but was also an expert in intelligence, infiltration, and infantry and planned various P-IRA moves on British military vehicles and barracks in Northern Ireland aimed at getting more media voice for the Irish Catholic minority living there alongside the British Protestant majority comprised of generations of colonialists enjoying uncomfortably economic disparities. Isaac was code-named Green Shadow (GS).



The Irish Pub and Curry House Isaac managed served wondrous delicious red butter chicken curry dishes in copper-and-gold pots and on banana-leaves for patrons/customers who appreciated pluralism table-talk and world fare and comparisons between Ireland's war of independence and India's war of independence, both against British colonial rule in the 20th Century.



The inside of the Irish pub-and-curry house operated by Isaac ('Green Shadow') was well-decorated and inviting and catered to IRA sympathizers as well as Sinn Fein loyalists in the United Kingdom. This establishment served Indian dishes with a colored flair that Irish folks appreciated and craved. The wine and spirits and Kingfisher were not to be missed either!



Isaac sometimes had his personnel and patrons or special guests flown in on Aer Lingus, Ireland's national airline. The restaurant became quite popular and became known as the 'IRA-speakeasy' of the 21st Century.



It was rumored that the red butter chicken curry served at Isaac's restaurant was the best in the world, which is why IRA members and sympathizers who had so much on their minds and plates had the interest to dine and appreciate this level of world cuisine...and hospitality!

..

The problem in Northern Ireland spoke to a deep division in the Christian global community, since Protestantism and Catholicism comprised the two dominant denominations of the faith in the modern world! On the streets of Belfast, terrible fears between IRA and British police regarding unwarranted violence and retaliatory undesired police brutality created the modern panic that Protestant-Catholic coexistence was simply not profitable.



Isaac knew that people tended to ignore the troubles in Northern Ireland, since the Israel-Palestine dilemma was simply more relevant to global capitalism and petroleum politics (e.g., OPEC). However, the gorgeous Indian waitresses at Isaac's restaurant catering to IRA sympathizers reminded the guests that there was a new flavor of socialized compassion towards religious divisions in the world that would not be ignored by the designs of ordinary people with a simple interest in the good life.



Irish food and Indian food did of course have overlaps in flavor and tone and color, as did their national flags and music and dance! Isaac sought to make the tasty face of Indian cuisine a nice banana-leaf for the hosting of various serious IRA matters so that modern-day crusaders could feel like they were lifestyle-adorned and comfortable while dealing with British military vehicles reminding the Catholic minority in Belfast of uncomfortable socioeconomic diction!



The simple truth was that a major portion of the Irish Catholic minority in Northern Ireland found themselves unemployed and suffering from alcoholism and Parliament failed to address this awkward socioeconomic disparity between Protestants and Catholics in Belfast. Isaac's restaurant (and pub!) offered a human hospitality and discreet political chatter for IRA sympathizers who just wanted a 'place' to go and plan various initiatives to coordinate a brighter future for Protestant-Catholic co-capitalism employment...and television!



Israel-Palestine had hoarded the media especially because of the Holocaust and its aftermath politically. People were simply uninterested in the Protestant-Catholic rift in Northern Ireland, and the IRA found themselves allying themselves to just about any underground group such as the Taliban or Chechnyans seeking to use guerrilla politics and actions to create political unrest and spotlights. Where would the IRA finally land?



Isaac's restaurant meanwhile got the reputation for hosting fancy and colorful Riverdance events attended to by gorgeous saree-dressed Indian waitresses. This sort of pluralism activity spoke to a modern global interest in coordinating capitalism and lifestyle with modern sociopolitical gestures.



When the Coronavirus quarantine tribulation struck Earth, youngsters around the world were curious to see how the now-valuable indoor-life media (e.g., TV/Internet), which made work and study possible during the plague, would be used and evaluated in terms of inter-religious access and cooperation.



Isaac decided to partner with a big-time American celebrity to obtain major marketing kudos for his restaurant and make society networks/contacts for the goal of using hospitality and capitalism to create a safe 'space' for inventive democratic rhetoric aimed at resolving Protestant-Catholic differences. This union between Isaac and the superstar was highly delightful!



Isaac also invited Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams and Irish-American D.C. celebrity-politician Bill Clinton to his restaurant so they could meet with other IRA sympathizers who were regulars now and discuss matters pertinent to modern media and modern Protestant-Catholic dollars!



Adams and Clinton marveled at the level of service and fine hospitality at Isaac's restaurant and had no idea the host was actually the P-IRA sentinel known as 'Green Shadow' (GS).



This was a time of great incendiary politics requiring creative actions to promote real inter-religious teamwork. This required a special vision regarding the interplay between sociopolitics and the lifestyle 'aesthetics' of cultural dance.



Isaac ('Green Shadow') maintained the assertion that hospitality and world fare was the ideal response to inter-religious myopia! People simply loved his red butter chicken curry and Irish ale.



Isaac ('Green Shadow') distributed IRA-sympathy dolls to his guests and patrons on St. Patrick's Day.



The IRA-sympathizers who became regulars at Isaac's establishment formed a secret 'club' called Green-Fire (GF) which then began publishing its own newsletter called The Irishman and the Indian.



What would the future hold for Irish Catholic minorities in Northern Ireland? Would the IRA and Sinn Fein succeed in negotiating much improved socioeconomic factors for their people in Belfast and find ways to live and work alongside the British Protestant majority in the United Kingdom? How would modern pluralism and inter-religious complexity affect world fashions and the media?



ISAAC ('GREEN SHADOW'): As long as the United Nations cares more about Israel-Palestine, the United Kingdom will feel disinterested in its dealings with Protestant-Catholic depression in the modern global Christian community, which is why we need more basic social and crafted hospitality...and ale!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on June 18, 2020
Last Updated on June 18, 2020
Tags: Comics, Culture, Pluralism, Globalization, Media, Capitalism

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Multi Class Multi Class

A Story by Abishai100