Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Shiva/Ravana

Shiva/Ravana

A Story by Abishai100
"

Shiva and Ravana confer and debate about modernism and technology and the scope of free will in a universe evolving to perhaps become more discreet.

"
Well, I'm offering up one more parable, and this mysticism-oriented vignette references two Hindu folk-deity/avatars I grew up reading in India, so this story speaks to personal interest in the contours of social control that I've always possessed, so I hope you like it and find it...democratic! Thanks for reading,

----




====

Shiva, master of destruction, and Ravana, prince of darkness, convened on a mountaintop to discuss the parameters of modernism, civilization intrigue, and the ethics of power and control in society. Ravana had long been considered a strange devotee of Lord Shiva, while Shiva remained a hermitic man of privacy, despite being married. However, the two masters of the universe were to discuss and debate about their different views on the shape of liberty and controversy as they pertained to the evolution of civilization itself. Hopefully, they'd come to a good reckoning on the gravity of democracy in the universe!

SHIVA: You've managed to create a worldly dominion of darkness.
RAVANA: You know I still consider you a highly worthy deity and praise you!
SHIVA: I know you're considered one of my respecting devotees, Lord Ravana.
RAVANA: Yet, you worry about my tone and method of philosophy, Lord Shiva!
SHIVA: I'm simply curious about your approach to world domination, Ravana.
RAVANA: Well, I believe in the ubiquitous blanketing power of darkness.
SHIVA: So, do you tell all the souls of your mastery over cunning and prowess?
RAVANA: The people I touch with my will are versed in my approach to power!
SHIVA: Is that why you have multiple heads, each signifying a focus on free will?
RAVANA: That is a certainly substantive model for my consciousness, Lord Shiva.
SHIVA: Well, what is your special fascination with darkness and evil, Ravana?
RAVANA: I like to touch people with the information regarding the accessibility of mischief.
SHIVA: Mischief?
RAVANA: Yes, all free souls have a fascination with the impact and color of mischief!
SHIVA: So, you consider yourself a teacher and guide of the soul-force of motion?
RAVANA: That's an adequate appraisal of my intentionality, Lord Shiva!
SHIVA: I see then that you might be a big fan of Facebook, the social networking website.
RAVANA: Oh yes; Facebook offers people profiles on laymen, scholars, movies, and groups!
SHIVA: Are you supportive of profiles of your dominion on a Facebook comment-page, Ravana?
RAVANA: I surely appreciate how there's an Irish Republican Army brotherhood group on Facebook.
SHIVA: So because Facebook is a worldly site, you consider it reflective of your interest in networks!
RAVANA: Yes, it can certainly reflect my intention to touch people with my teachings on mental curiosity.
SHIVA: And since people are naturally mentally curious about mischief, you might say Facebook is a tool!
RAVANA: I might even promote people talking about mischief on Facebook itself.
SHIVA: That's a reasonable approach to spreading your message with technology in modern times.
RAVANA: So what's your primary concern then, Lord Shiva?
SHIVA: I wonder if so many people find access to your messages about mischief that you'd be considered a god.
RAVANA: What's wrong with a mischief-guru, which is what I am really, being considered a god?
SHIVA: Nothing per se, as long as the people you touch feel there're ways to privately celebrate your message.
RAVANA: Are you implying I demand deference from anyone who admires my messages?
SHIVA: Isn't that true, since a mischief-guru, by definition, requires respect for his intelligence regarding freedom?
RAVANA: I suppose that's a strange but true and revealing contradiction, but it seems you're more of a god than me!
SHIVA: I may be the master of destruction, but my admonishments regard the harnessing of nature and organic life.
RAVANA: You're an advocate of the purity of water and life and the maintenance of virtue and governance!
SHIVA: When governance is threatened, I have to administer warnings and calamity to create catharsis.
RAVANA: Well, would you admonish or even punish legions of people talking about mischief on Facebook?
SHIVA: I'd certainly wish for such mass online dialogue about freedom to be tempered by thoughts about fear!
RAVANA: So you want to use fear to deliver a message about humility and humiliation and even obedience?
SHIVA: Well, not humiliation by frailty but certainly obedience to natural vulnerability and the sobriety it creates.
RAVANA: People may not want to be washed in the humility of frailty and vulnerability.
SHIVA: I think if legions of people on Facebook talk about mischief openly, they should also consider democracy!
RAVANA: What do you mean, Lord Shiva?
SHIVA: Well, if so many people talk about mischief conveniently, there must be an economics of free-speech!
RAVANA: I see what you mean, but would you suggest that political groups on Facebook should feel limited?
SHIVA: No one group should monopolize any network or social discussion about personal liberties.
RAVANA: How then do you find humility in the fact that you yourself are the supreme controller of destruction?
SHIVA: My trident weapon is a force of water meant to convey the tangible power of catharsis and not vanity!
RAVANA: So perhaps you might appreciate a Facebook member talking about your trident like it's a toy.
SHIVA: I suppose I wouldn't be insulted, as long as this hypothetical member respects the humility of the weapon.
RAVANA: It's funny how the modern world seems to promote much dialogue about personal decisions.
SHIVA: That is indeed funny, Lord Ravana; thank you for this dogma-free discussion!

After Shiva and Ravana concluded this stirring discussion-debate about modernism, free will, mishchief, power, governance, networks, etiquette, law, and Facebook, they decided and concluded that they respected each other's interests in the scope and scale of liberty while disagreeing about the impact of social decisions and law-related economics. They agreed modernism was much about the shape of Facebook ergonomics but disagreed on the nature of modern technology use and the liberties they afforded the masses. They still both viewed the evolution of civilization a general signpost of the certainty of democracy itself.

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)


Shiva & Ravana


© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on July 28, 2020
Last Updated on July 28, 2020
Tags: Hindusim Fable, Modernism, Facebook

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Town Leaves Town Leaves

A Story by Abishai100