Cornell Murder Club

Cornell Murder Club

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two Ivy League professor-detectives use media and creativity to detangle a possible underground axe-murdering cult geared towards modern dyslexia!

"
Alright, here's another post-retirement vignette designed to flesh out some of my intentions presented in the Jason story I just wrote, to respond to the critiques addressed! Hope you like it (signing off),
----


====

Sir Isaac was a Cornell professor who was investigating underground rumors that the prestigious Ivy League school was harboring a bizarre murder cult which recruited axe-murderers from around the country to coordinate special strike missions designed to create American hellfire. Sir Isaac asked his Cornell professor girlfriend Lena to help him with the special investigation. Sir Isaac and Lena became a heroic duo, ready to determine if this underground murder cult was indeed real. Sir Isaac intended to write a book about this cult to expose sub-culture crime in modern America, and he considered himself a real-life American institutional knight.



Now, we all know Cornell University is a reputed Ivy League school, located in New York state. Its campus is rather idyllic and spacious and is elevated on a bucolic natural environment. The teachers seem happy there and the students work hard to maintain its stringent reputation as being one of the more rigorous Ivy League schools. There's no reason therefore to assume that an awesome school like Cornell would be host to a terrible murder cult like the one Sir Isaac was trying to track.



Lena was a happy Cornell professor, like Sir Isaac, and was his happy longtime girlfriend. At first, she thought her boyfriend's inquiry about the existence of such a cult was bizarre. However, the more Sir Isaac showed Lena evidence and clues regarding the tracks laid by this apparent underground axe-murdering cult hidden in Cornell, the more his girlfriend Lena wanted to understand the hypothesis. She became an avid detective like her boyfriend and found herself quite thrilled by all this modern American institutional darkness.



Sir Isaac and Lena decided to look into student art clubs at Cornell that presented various artworks featuring images and portraits and drawings of fantasy-adventure characters. The two Cornell professor-detectives decided that if there were patterns in this student art regarding depictions of fantastic and bizarre warriors wielding axes and unusual weapons of great caliber, they could use these patterns to triangulate the psycho-sociological trends in the student body at Cornell, to see if there was some kind of dialogic interest in dark imagination.



Well, one night, while trolling through one of the underground bridge tunnels near the Cornell campus, Sir Isaac and Lena discovered a rather large and loud wall graffiti mural, painted in red, depicting some kind of cult-like engram of a skull with two crossed axes. The two Cornell professor-detectives deduced that this wall-graffiti logo had to be the engram created by the secret underground axe-murdering cult rumored to be hiding at Cornell University. They took photos of the graffiti with their handy-dandy iPhones and then submitted them to the Gazette as well as to the New York State Police Department.



Apparently, there was actually an underground art club at Cornell inviting avant-garde and eccentric artists at the prestigious school to present their interpretations of modern American crime and darkness through graffiti and drawings and paintings. This art club was called Golden-Axe, and Sir Isaac and Lena seriously wondered if this club was indeed connected to the underground axe-murdering cult rumored to be hiding at Cornell. The two Cornell professor-detectives had reason to suspect such when they discovered an artwork made by one of the members of this Cornell art club depicting a rather gloomy modernism city in America hosting various transient pedestrians brooding about the certainty of darkness itself.



Sir Isaac and Lena decided to put an ad online asking a student artist to submit an artwork/painting of the iconic American horror-film zombie psycho Jason Voorhees. Well, an artist at Cornell agreed to submit a piece, depicting the hockey-mask wearing Jason emerging from resurrected slumber at Crystal Lake. Sir Isaac and Lena posted the artwork on their Cornell blog about the power of using media and creativity to express otherwise unusual thoughts and images of the dark side of existence. Isaac and Lena wanted to send the message that art could be a way to transcend the darkness of crime and find creative alternatives to bloody murder...and cult-like fanaticism.



Sir Isaac and Lena got lots of positive comments about their positive Internet blog and soon countless Cornell students were submitting unusual artworks for their mosaic. This became the new rave at Cornell, and the two professor-detectives were very happy. They especially liked a fantastic color-drawing/painting of a video-game female warrior named Princess Kitana, depicted as wielding both a handy blade-fan and a bloody knife. This Kitana painting represented a modern aesthetic catering to a new kind of dart-mouth imagination.



The popularity of the artwork led to the genesis of a new Cornell student club catering to interests in fantastic adventure video-games such as Golden Axe. This new kind of social activity served to reinforce the notion that there were ways to harness the duality between light and darkness in a modern world filled with new forms of mental danger. Sir Isaac and Lena remarked that their work was bearing real dogmatic fruit.



Sir Isaac made a doodle of a comic book duo for the Cornell student online mosaic to encourage more freelance and funfilled ideas about liberty and harmless creative fun at school that would transplant the will to investigate the natural human fascination with crime...and pollution!



SIR ISAAC: Let's ask Leo DiCaprio to provide a mosaic about eco-art for Cornell!
LENA: All this social work is breeding terrific environmental diarism!



What kinds of networking activities do you think contribute to today's unique and important democratic imagination?

====



"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10 Views
Added on September 1, 2020
Last Updated on September 1, 2020
Tags: Crime, Noir

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing