Philadelphia Flyers (NHL): An American Tale

Philadelphia Flyers (NHL): An American Tale

A Story by Abishai100
"

Amlan Satan is the first Asian-Indian star of the Philadelphia Flyers (NHL) ice-hockey team and hopes to bring his home-city a sense of anti-terrorism diction!

"
Philadelphia Flyers (NHL) are a favorite sports-team of mine, and I cheered them on in the days of Ron Hextall and Eric Lindros, and I thought I'd add just one more sports-centric tale about optimism in times of great worry, since we're still enduring all this Coronavirus madness. So I hope you will read it...and like it! Thanks (signing off again),
----
====

Amlan Satan, an Asian-Indian ice-hockey player, had played the thrilling game since he was in junior high-school and performed well enough in high-school to earn a spot on the Villanova University men's ice-hockey team. He was a standout striker and winger and overall offensive player and was compared to the Philadelphia Flyers' Eric Lindros, even though Amlan was one of the rare Asian-Indians to play the sport of ice-hockey. However, Amlan considered ice-hockey a thing of secondhand nature and loved the way it captured its flair for teamwork, achievement, and overall preparedness.



As the Villanova Wildcats men's ice-hockey team standout striker and winger, Amlan Satan became an NCAA sensation, driving his underdog team to shine through the various ranks and reach the high levels of the playoffs and championship tournament. Amlan scored three goals in the NCAA championship against Stanford and helped Villanova capture its only 3rd NCAA men's ice-hockey title. Amlan was the epitome of Wildcats greatness now.



VILLANOVA COACH: The way Amlan harmonizes the offense while standing out as a prolific striker makes the game thrilling and makes our Wildcats team truly difficult to challenge, especially in the championship tournament!



AMLAN SATAN: I just want to play ice-hockey, and I'm so honored to be an achieving player and offenseman in this thrilling sport as a rare Asian-Indian, since this game is not dominated at all by minorities, but I just think about the fun of the game and want my Villanova team to excel; this year's title has made me feel like a real cool cat.



The Villanova title in men's NCAA ice-hockey came with a grand silver trophy, and Amlan took photos of it for his Facebook celebrity NCAA profile page. This was everything Amlan Satan dreamed of as an ice-hockey fan and player growing up and playing on the ice-rink near his junior high-school. The trophy was a great boon for Amlan's otherwise challenging life of hardship and hard-earned goals.



The NCAA title led to Amlan Satan being heavily recruited by the struggling Philadelphia Flyers (NHL) professional men's ice-hockey team. Amlan was happy to stay in the Philadelphia area after graduating from Villanova. Now, he was ready to take the rink as the Flyers' star rookie striker and winger and was eager to meet those long expectations of being the new Eric Lindros. He tool selfies of himself for various Facebook posts, and his fans loved it and awaited his NHL successes as did he.



The Flyers struggled in the year before Amlan was drafted and recruited into the team. However, in his rookie year, Amlan carried the Lindros-nostalgic Flyers straight through to their first playoff appearance in 4 years. The Flyers managed to defeat serious contenders and rivals such as the New York Islanders and LA Kings during the regular season and the playoffs and were poised to take the Stanley Cup championship trophy thanks to Amlan's prolific scoring and offense coordination, helping the Flyers get over serious and grave defense issues. No one was talking about Eric Lindros now.



Despite losing to the LA Kings in the Stanley Cup Finals, the Flyers impressed everyone by clawing their way to a rather impressive 4-3 game series loss. The Kings were simply too well-organized and prepared for Amlan Satan's aspiring and arguably over-achieving Philadelphia Flyers. However, Amlan promised his fans in Philadelphia that the Lindros-nostalgic city would earn its Stanley Cup trophy soon and that he'd emerge as the team's new prayer, carrying the offense to new heights. Amlan Satan was at the height of his ice-hockey career confidence now.



Amlan loved comic books and decided to doodle-ink a pencil sketch of the DC Comics offbeat couple Talia al Ghul and Batman. This strange pencil drawing captured Amlan Satan's love of romance, nostalgia, and courage and he posted it on his Facebook profile page to remind his Flyers fans that a dash of creativity and folk imagination would provide him with the necessary team spirit to see his team achieve immaculate goals. Amlan was thinking like a child ironically!



Shelbye Harris, a Villanova graduate and big-time Flyers fan, read and saw Amlan's Facebook post and DC Comics Talia/Batman pencil doodle and his comments about it and was charmed by the Flyers stars' sense of honor and team spirit. She decided to email him as a fan and asked him to go out on a date with her. Amlan thought Shelbye was really beautiful and accepted the offer, and the two began a hot relationship in the off-season. She became a new and spiritual source of athletic inspiration for the next season, when the Flyers would want to avenge their loss, and Amlan was suddenly thinking about wedding bells.



Shelbye was a more sophisticated amateur artist and decided to color-pencil ink draw a sketch of a Philadelphia Flyers (NHL) ice-hockey goalie, and Amlan posted the drawing on his Facebook profile page, saying that his beloved gal had made the drawing in anticipation of the exciting upcoming season, Amlan Satan's second year in the NHL. The drawing reminded Flyers fans how the game of ice-hockey drew in all kinds of fanfare in the great populist city of Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!



The Flyers lost to the Kings again in the Stanley Cup Finals the next year, Amlan's second year in the NHL. However, in his third year as the Flyers' star striker and winger, Amlan carried his team past the strong-horse LA Kings in the championship, bringing home the title finally to Philadelphia. Amlan posted on Facebook, "This is why ice-hockey is such a great game and balance between patience and grit...and I suddenly feel like an American patriot and not just a celebrity."


PHILADELPHIA MAYOR: We're so proud of the Flyers and look forward to what the team's future brings to this great city of lights and traffic and pageantry and music!



This was the post-9/11 era, when anti-American terrorism seemed to color and darken just about every aspect of human life in the Western world. Americans needed city fanfare such as that of the one Amlan Satan provided with his newly-hot Philadelphia Flyers (NHL). Amlan blogged on Facebook, "America's not scared of ISIS terrorism; we continue to celebrate life and media and dissuade forms of support for this new brand of planetary darkness."



Because Hollywood (USA) was making new kinds of patriotism-themed films about anti-terrorism now, Amlan and his new wife Shelbye were considering what kinds of new films in America captured this new sense of cultural diarism in a democratic nation symbolic of Western pride and grit!



SHELBYE HARRIS: "I love watching ice-hockey films with my husband Amlan over and over, because it reminds us how our love and romance of ice-hockey and the city of Philadelphia simply makes us feel like alive and happy Americans in this age of cinema, media, immigration, and of course, dollars (Facebook post)!"



AMLAN: I've brought home the Stanley Cup to Philadelphia and consider myself a happy family-man in Philadelphia. I still don't think of myself as a 'rare' Asian-American celebrity athlete but rather simply an American patriot and world citizen and someone who wants all kinds of drama for the Flyers. I just feel cool and happy.



US PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: The greatest threat to Americans' way of life now is the leering vision of anti-civilization terrorism, which is why media and journalism is so important now in this new era of great communication expectations.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This may come as a surprise, but you can’t use a sports team like the Flyers as the setting for a story without their permission, and, them having vetted the story before publication. Nor can you use the image of an actress like Amy Yasbeck, as that of a character in a story without her permission.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Abishai100

3 Years Ago

Yeah, that's why I kept everything very generic, since there's no real religious or political affili.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
1 Review
Added on September 17, 2020
Last Updated on September 17, 2020
Tags: Sports Fable, Anti-Terrorism

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing