Duke-Arkansas: White Dragon

Duke-Arkansas: White Dragon

A Story by Abishai100
"

The Blue Devils square-off against rival Razorbacks in the NCAA men's basketball championship and deal with a media dragon!

"
One extra sports fanfiction, in celebration of the prayers behind the modern American Dream! Enjoy, 
----

====

The 2005 season was highly-anticipated for Duke University's celebrated men's college basketball team. The Blue Devils of Duke were expected to take the title this year. However, standing in their way was the rival hot Arkansas Razorbacks. The Blue Devils nevertheless sought to live up to all this albeit deserved media hype in the USA!



COACH K (Duke): This is the age of media and television, and we want our school to be put in that dioramic spotlight!



The Blue Devils had some great talents, including one incredible shooting-guard. This would be the year Duke would win another title hopefully after a 4-year dry-spell since their last title, which is shocking, since many sports-writers consider Duke the worthy mantle-descendant of John Wooden's UCLA Bruins!



Duke brought in a Vanderbilt transfer mid-season named Isaac Satan who'd complement their already hot shooting-guard. Satan was a prolific 3-point shooter like his co-guard but also possessed great stealing and mid-range shooting skills. Now, it seemed no one would stop the Blue Devils this year. However, Isaac Satan had a very dark secret to transcend!



Isaac was a bank robber. Yes, folks, he'd robbed over 10 banks in California before transferring to Duke as a sophomore. He robbed banks with water-guns filled with corrosive HCL acid and dressed like a Middle Eastern terrorist, stealing mostly diamonds (or 'blood diamonds') belonging to corrupt Saudi businessmen living on the West Coast. These Saudi fat-cats were creating hideous blood-diamond traffic in North America tied to warlords in South Africa. While Isaac didn't consider himself any kind of anti-warlord vigilante, he did feel his very clever diamond-heists from California banks reflected the strange opportunity to upend the dollars of these corrupt Saudi businessmen!



So, that's Isaac Satan's rather dark secret. He gave up all this anti-warlord hacking when he transferred to Duke to provide the Blue Devils team the right guard-shooting complement that could carry them to the NCAA championship yet again. His girlfriend, Laura, came along with him as did his mother. Isaac's alcoholic father had already died in a tragic car accident. Now, the young Duke guard from California had much to prove to himself...and to his loved ones!



Isaac read a Duke campus news-story about a druglord who's distributing pure gold-laminated 1980s vintage compact audio cassettes. This druglord was called the 'Persian' by the Duke students and townsfolk in North Carolina. Suddenly, Isaac Satan, now the new hot guard at Duke, was tempted to perform yet another 'vigilantism-oriented' heist...perhaps of these druglord's golden cassettes!



ISAAC: I have a choice to return to my old wild west days or buckle down and focus on the heritage of our bb rivals, Arkansas!



Isaac mad the right choice. He decided to forget his past and turn to basketball and make it his Holy Grail for redemption and glory. He watched hours of Arkansas videos and marveled at the immaculate play of their gifted forward Todd Day. He wondered how he and his co-guard teammate would square-off against Day and the hot Razorbacks this year in the NCAA championship!



Meanwhile, California police had tracked Isaac Satan to Duke as their suspect in the blood-diamond heists of the corrupt Saudi businessmen in California. To Isaac's miraculous surprise, these detectives quickly diverted their attention away from Isaac after discovering that there was an entire Saudi baron-ring stretching from coast-to-coast creating blood diamond contraband from America's harbors!



Therefore, by the grace of God, Isaac Satan buckled down and helped his Blue Devils alongside his equally talented co-guard lift the 2005 NCAA championship trophy. The Blue Devils defeated Todd Day's Arkansas Razorbacks by a thrilling and tight score of 104-99. Afterwards, the Blue Devils coach, the legendary Coach K, stated, "Everything happened because of the lifts of our two shooting guards!"



ISAAC: My life has been totally turned around, darling!
LAURA: I'm so happy for you...and for all of us.
ISAAC: Yes, mom's so proud too.
LAURA: Here's to a new life of...detention!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on February 21, 2021
Last Updated on February 21, 2021
Tags: NCAA, Fan-Fiction*

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing