The Collector

The Collector

A Story by Abishai100
"

A vigilante pursuing underground villains is spontaneously fascinated by matrix-symbolic artifacts from the airline industry which represent capitalism dots!

"
abcd I'm signing off not with a heist story but with a capitalism 'love-story' inspired by the film Toys (Robin Williams). Thanks so much for reading and for all your comments over these years. God bless (and enjoy), 
----
====

A vigilante was into airlines and airplane toys and photos of stewardess fashions. Maybe it's because his life of traffic infiltration, high-security banks, designed to subvert the warlord influence in the underground blood diamond market in North America, made him sensitive to the nuances of the global grid and transit and travel. This vigilante collected all kinds of airline/airplane/stewardess items, especially photographs (digital and paper) and steel toys.



The stewardess photos showcasing world fashions in flight-attendant uniforms design represented to this vigilante the general aesthetics of the capitalism matrix in modern civilization. This brought him closer to sanity while he's infiltrating ruthless warlord blood diamond highways in South Africa, Europe, and North America.



VIGILANTE: The stewardess uniform photos I collect to make digital albums reflects my interest in matrix aesthetics!



It's true that stewardess fashions are uniform but varied enough to capture the kaleidoscope of the modern airline industry matrix and therefore arguably the capitalism matrix itself. Yes, this vigilante considered these airline industry collector's items not unlike a wax museum of design history in aviation itself.



VIGILANTE: Some of these flight-attendant designs are literally stunning and symbolize the hospitality of a given nation.



Since the vigilante was originally from Asia, he collected mostly Asian airline collector's items and gems. He'd become a master collector of the travel industry. Many of the uniform designs represented the showcasing of a given national culture's sense of identity and heritage.



VIGILANTE: When I'm not collecting things, I'm playing Mortal Kombat video-games, and I use the Eastern avatar Raiden.



Collecting and playing was not all this vigilante was busy doing. He was also chasing bad guys. For example, while in Australia, our protagonist vigilante was tracking a Leatherface copycat who wore masks made of animal and human skins and killed cops for dark pleasure. The vigilante was able to track him down to a warehouse and used ninja-tactics to expose the maniac as a modern-day Godzilla!



VIGILANTE: I also collect baseball-cards, and my favorite card is my Jim Abbott Olympics Card (1988 Topps Traded set).



The vigilante shared his collections with friends and groups online and received mixed reviews. Those who liked his items considered the collector a master of matrix aesthetics, but those who remained neutral thought he was just grand-standing his general flair for finding symbolic or perfect-pitch trophies!



In the modern age of Facebook and digital toys, we might think of how collecting novelty items and photos and model sets can represent our social fascination with the idea of the capitalism matrix. Why, for example, do businesses love advertising on Facebook? For this age of net-imagination, you might find a vigilante or a cop or an amateur artist or a scholar even who'll see himself become hypnotized by the myriad colors of the consumer diary. After all, isn't capitalism supposed to promote human dreams?

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on March 3, 2021
Last Updated on March 3, 2021
Tags: Toys, Capitalism, Collectors

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing