Archer/Oracle

Archer/Oracle

A Story by Abishai100
"

A Washington super hero is romanced by a woman of character and looks to gods in his quest for urban dyes.

"
Here's an offbeat comic book folk-tale to sign off with, not a crime or spook story but rather a story of vigilance...and dreams! Enjoy, 
----

====

Washington was the city of great American dreams and ambitions but also the site of a great horror-story involving a superhuman hero and his oracle guide, a mystical and somewhat invisible avatar named Oracle.



Archer is the protagonist superhuman hero, a masked vigilante with extraordinary magic and fighting acumen. He's wielding a crossbow with arrows tipped with a sedative and can prowl aroudn the city like a snake and root out the evildoers lurking in the shadows of the heart! Archer is therefore a man of great chivalry...and diaries.



The one memorable nemesis is the disfigured DA named Jigsaw. He's been deformed in a chemical waste accident and now haunts the city as a man of great terrorism. This bad-guy likes to kidnap cops and make videos about law and order in Washington become a thing of comedy! Archer had to deal with Jigsaw personally by creating a hallway of funny mirrors that drove the sinner completely mad.



Fiona is Archer's girlfriend and knows his deep secret. Archer is a Catholic by faith but also prays to the demi-god avatars Ares, god of war, and Oracle, a figure of great mystical magic and enchantment. Fiona knows that to Archer, Ares and Oracle represent a human valor and inspiration to contend with the forces of darkness and evil with the axes of great romance and beauty.



Jigsaw placed a hostace policewoman in a terrible metal-mask. Her job was to betray anyone she could, knowing that they'd receive the same mask once she was freed. This ugly form of extortion and murder-blackmail was Jigsaw's method of destroying a dutiful Washington policewoman, and Archer had to swoop in with a great motive to free the woman with a special method of dexterity.



ORACLE: I'll help Archer, and I offer him the right kind of inspiration, so he remembers that justice is about dogma!



The kids who loved Archer also appreciated why and how the superhuman vigilante prayed to Ares and Oracle. They donned masks for Halloween and ventured into the forest by D.C. to ask the gods about the forces that would free mankind from the dark and invisible hand of utter deformity!



Archer purchased Fiona a shiny red classic American car, so she'd remember what he'd want to do for the good people of Washington and its targeted victim-cops (men and women!). Fiona considered this auto-gift a testament of Archer's will to use imagination to create heaven on Earth.



FIONA: I love Archer, but it's not because he's extra-human but rather because he's dreamy.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on March 26, 2021
Last Updated on March 26, 2021
Tags: Comic Books, Mythology

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing