Shiva/Saraswati: A Courtship!

Shiva/Saraswati: A Courtship!

A Story by Abishai100
"

The two unusual but stylish deities descend to Earth and engage in a courtship and discover human dance.

"
This is a mythology parable I'm using to retire, rather than a heist or politics yarn, and it references two very colorful Hindu deities/avatars --- Shiva and Saraswati! Enjoy, 
----
====

Shiva, god of destruction, was on his lonely mountaintop in the Himalayas and contemplating the depression created by the marital complexities with his two supreme deity-wives Durga and Kali. Shiva was meanwhile falling in love with the younger and more liberal goddess Saraswati, ministress of learning and music.



Shiva transformed himself into an Algerian-American ice-hockey (NHL) player named Amlan Satan who played striker-forward offense player for the NJ Devils. The Devils were on their way to winning the Stanley Cup and bringing some post-9/11 cheer to the East Coast when Amlan/Shiva prayed to Saraswati and asked her to come down to Earth and meet him as a human woman or nurse!



SARASWATI: I don't know that Shiva/Amlan wants from me, but this whole Devils ice-hockey adventure seems dangerous!



Saraswati was nevertheless intrigued and decided to comply and transformed herself into a New York fashion dancer named Valeria. She decided to connect with the NJ Devils through one of her entertainment industry agents and met with Amlan Satan, the star of the Cup-contending Devils of New Jersey. Amlan knew Valeria was Sarasawti...and she knew he was Shiva. The two decided to court a romance on Earth as humans!



SHIVA: I love ice-hockey!
SARASWATI: I'm not here to court a romance with you on Earth just to learn that.
SHIVA: What do you want from me?
SARASWATI: I want you to think about what makes the female heart receptive!
SHIVA: Alright; I understand, Valeria; I got you a gift.
SARASWATI: A gift...Amlan?
SHIVA: Yes, it's an ice-hockey video-game, and we'll play together.
SARASWATI: Well, this is shockingly fun, Shiva.
SHIVA: See, I knew you'd love it.



The two deity-humans then decided to enroll in a Spanish dancing class in Manhattan, after Amlan won the Stanley Cup. Their performances on the dance floor were immaculate and when Shiva returned to his heavenly mountain, he whispered to Saraswati, "Please don't tell my wife!"



Is romance and intrigue possible in the heavens or is it all just a game of good versus evil? What do you think?

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on April 10, 2021
Last Updated on April 10, 2021
Tags: Mythology, Romance

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing