Socrates/Conti

Socrates/Conti

A Story by Abishai100
"

A government-specter becomes a retired local soccer-team (Fury) guru, marrying the Argentine beauty Conti and seeking dotted-dues.

"
A fun fable about governments, soccer, and local heroism, inspired by Il Postino. Cheers, 
----
====

This is the story of an Algerian star named Socrates, a US citizen/immigrant who helped Interpol agencies work with blood-diamond infiltration to subvert warlord-mining of terrorism-funding gems from Africa.



INTERPOL: Blood-diamond traffic comprises the worst threat to the modern gem market today!



Socrates is now in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He's retired from government-ninja work and is managing a local soccer team, attempting to lift it out of the gutter and into local folklore. His team, the Fury, seeks to get through the tournament ladder and topple the giant-at-the-top, the gifted River Demons ('RD'). Buenos Aires is an idyllic city in South America, which is why Socrates has chosen to retire in this great place!



Socrates has met a gorgeous Argentine woman named Conti, and the two love-birds hope to get married. He's just using his blood-diamond government money to set up an estate in Argentina to share with his beloved gal Conti, who shares his passion for post-work soccer in Buenos Aires. To the wandering-man Socrates, Conti is the dose of metaphysical medicine he needs to attend Church and finally feel like a man of the world.



CONTI: Socrates gifted me this 1980 Ferrari-car, and I drive it around Argentina, and I get noticed a lot!



SOCRATES: I also bought Conti a lovely housekeeper-robot for our beautiful Buenos Aires ('BA') apartment now.



Socrates' Fury team is excelling now in the Buenos Aires local soccer league! It's gone up the ranks and reached the tournament from an abysmal #20 ranking and has truly earned its #5 spot in the tourney-ladder. In the tournament, Socrates' ambitious team upsets the #3 star-team the Stars, after a wondrous bicycle-kick diagonally taken from a cross and header yields a sweaty 3-2 triumph for Fury.



CONTI: I know my darling Socrates studied at the prestigious 'Ivy League' and respects the world-customs of manners.



SOCRATES: I want to provide Conti everything in life in our marriage in 'BA' and believe all world trials will be for prayers.



Socrates' Fury then defeats the #2 team in the Argentina local soccer tournament after a midfielder shot yields a 2-1 victory over the heavily-favored Force team. Everyone wanted to see the Force face the River Demons ('RD') in the championship, but this stunning upset-victory achieved by Socrates' ambitious team has yielded cool local wall-ads in Argentina about Fury inspired shopping products for the modern consumer. That's irony!



Socrates decided to craft himself two nifty handmade wooden-gear guns which shoot tranquilizer darts at high-speeds, to gift to Conti so she'd be able to put-down any rabid street dogs wandering around Buenos Aires ('BA') potentially threatening her while she's walking down the street and not in her Ferrari! Socrates knows there's been a recent upsurge in homeless dogs, some rabid, in Argentina, which is why he made her this double-set of wood-guns! Socrates does this after his Fury team shocks the world in Buenos Aires ('BA') and defeats the favorite River Demons by a score of 5-4 after 3 stunning second-period goals destroys a seemingly dark deficit. Now Socrates and his local team have earned the 'design' to boast about this 'dog-defender' wood-guns set. Cheers to Fury.



The wood-guns prove to be a great trophy indeed to the retired soccer-guru Socrates in Buenos Aires ('BA'), because a local madman named 'Leatherface' has been stalking Argentine cops late-at-night, armed with a a buzzing chainsaw. When Socrates is wandering around after midnight on Halloween Eve in Argentina alone, he spots Leaterface and seeks him running towards him in the alley where he's smoking a Pall-Mall, compelling the ex-government ninja to use his wood-gun tranquilizers to put down the chainsaw-beast and deliver him to the Buenos Aires detectives and doctors!



CONTI: My darling Socrates has proved himself to not only be a government dreamer but an Argentine man-of-dreams.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on May 27, 2021
Last Updated on May 27, 2021
Tags: Fable, Soccer

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing