Aer Lingus Flight Report: A Dublin Diary!

Aer Lingus Flight Report: A Dublin Diary!

A Story by Abishai100
"

A gov't-intelligence writer travels from NY to Dublin to gain an intensive experience about immersion in modern anti-terrorism design.

"
A travel-diary exposition about Aer Lingus (Ireland) in honor of the all-around anti-terrorism sentiments we're feeling as we near the 20th Anniversary of 9/11. Thanks for reading (and stay safe!), 
----
====

I'm a writer in Manhattan (NY/USA) working for a world group called the Foreign Irish Republican Army which works as an endorsement company for advocacy of the cessation of blood-diamond terrorism-financing and intelligence-infiltration (e.g., Interpol) in the UK which is creating dangerous resources for rogue/ex-terrorists destabilizing normal talks between IRA and Sinn Fein and Parliament. Manhattan is my literary home, but I've decided to travel to Dublin (Ireland) and leave the worldly securities of Manhattan USA for a short time. This is my diary of this travel experience. Follow along.



I take a short bus to JFK Airport to board my complimentary Aer Lingus business-class flight, paid for by my Penguin Montessori House (publishing-house) in the USA. I'm to convert this travel diary into a world-travel journal about the experience of a Catholic-convert American writer exposed to Irish culture while writing about Sinn Fein and Parliament politics relevant to modern Catholic-Protestant coops. JFK Airport is quite nice, and we're all getting over the scars of 9/11 and restoring our faith in world-travel in this 20th Anniversary year of 9/11 (2001)!



I studied political psychology and cognitive science at Dartmouth College (Ivy League) and became a converted Catholic. Irish politics intrigues me, since there's parallels to India-England politics, which I have exposure to from family heritage and relations, relatives involved in the Quit India movement against British Empire rule. My name's Amlan Satan (code-name: Shadow).



I bring to my Dublin (Ireland) travel-writing experience a classic Green Lantern (DC Comics) comic book I purchased while living in Boston (Massachusetts) with my ex-wife (Dartmouth assistant-professor Shelbye Collins!) and also a personal diary which I'll be scribbling/doodling in on my Aer Lingus business-class flight. Green Lantern's the best!



The inside of the JFK Airport in NY/USA is quite nice, and I get through all the security checks since all I have is personal items and some toy emerald gems and some Green Lantern paraphernalia. The JFK Airport restaurant area is hospitable and I enjoy some Irish stew and Chinese chicken too with a beer.



"Welcome to Aer Lingus flight D-264H nonstop from JFK/NY to Dublin International Airport; we're pleased to have a writer on board on this prepared flight across the Atlantic and hope your experience is very fine and memorable."



The stewardesses (flight-attendants) in the business-class of the Aer Lingus flight from NY to Dublin are quite pretty and hospitable and very professional, and I board the plane from the JFK dock and prepare to have a great flight experience in a very well maintained airline, Ireland's national airline company (yay!).



AER LINGUS: We're committed to high-quality air-travel/transit experience and pride ourselves on world hospitality.



Aah, the business-class section of my Aer Lingus flight really is extraordinary and I notice a very attractive Irish-American woman has already sat down in her seat across from mine and make some pleasantry small talk before settling into my own area. Everything's paid for by my publishing-house on this travel.



I write in my diary, "Flying on Ireland's Aer Lingus flight is like a journey into the soul of Irish charms, really, modern."



The stewardess informs me the in-flight dinner is excellent on this Aer Lingus flight, and I can't argue with her when I see it presented on my dinner-tray, and I prepare for an amazing Irish flight meal. This is what a writer craves really in modern times.



I follow the dinner with some terrific after-dinner desserts and some fantastic Irish wine. The stewardess is so awesome!



The in-flight movie shown on my Aer Lingus flight from NY to Dublin is Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street (Leo DiCaprio).



As the plane prepares to land in Dublin the next morning, I look out my window and take in the breathtaking view and prepare to strap myself in and put on my safe-seatbelt. We all want to be safe, right?



My hospitable pro-stewardess asks me what I'm writing in my 'Green Lantern diary' and I tell her quietly, "I'm about to be exposed to the real people of Ireland after working with social groups invested in Catholic-Protestant advocacy groups relevant to modern Northern Ireland (UK) politics and can't help but appreciate the amazing Aer Lingus charms for modern world traffic."



We land in Dublin International Airport and I grab my luggage and thank the amazing flight-staff for an amazing journey, which was really enchanting. The Dublin (Ireland) airport is very nice indeed.



There's people in some standard Coronavirus-masks waiting to get their luggage in line and get checked for passports and things alongside me, as I continue to scribble in my 'Green Lantern diary' for this experience in Ireland.



I sit down in the Dublin International Airport lounge to relax and unwind and reflect on my cool Aer Lingus cross-continental flight-experience and reflect on the journey and start to think about living in Ireland as compared to writing and working about Irish Catholics in Ireland. It's a huge difference.



The Dublin lounge is amazing, and I enjoy some light soup and beer. I write in my diary, "Can't wait to meet my Sinn Fein literary-rep, Sean McCrady."



I'm picked up in a limo sent by my USA liaison Sean and prepare to greet him at a night restaurant in Dublin where he's expecting me. The limo is very nice indeed, and I take a quick nap.



My driver gets us to the Dublin city street and I get off to cross the street and walk inside the restaurant where my Sinn Fein liaison is waiting for me. Dublin is charming at night. It's a great place for a writer, really. I start remembering my readings of James Joyce in Eastern High-School (USA).



SEAN: How's your Aer Lingus transit, Amlan Satan?
AMLAN (me!): Quite beautiful, Sean, thanks.
SEAN: Ready for a zesty Irish meal?
AMLAN: Aah, I want some Irish seafood soup, I thinks.



The soup (Irish seafood) was excellent. I thanked Sean for this hospitable experience at this iconic Dublin eatery.



I think I'm in love with my gorgeous blonde Irish waitress at the restaurant and start brainstorming about what I can do to charm her a bit. Maybe I'll tell her I'm a F-IRA literary-writer for Penguin Montessori House! Her name's Shelbye (coincidence, right?).



AMLAN: I want to gift you my Green Lantern toy-watch, lovely Shelbye!
SHELBYE: Why thanks, friend, but what deserves this charm?
AMLAN: It's a watch I 'lifted' from an evil baron in Boston, ya know.
SHELBYE: Ooh...that's very clever.



When I get to my hotel suite, I decide to make a little painting of Shelbye in the beautiful Irish seaside and wonder if I should seek romance on this trip to Ireland which is more about writing and Sinn Fein consultation with Sean.



SEAN: I've provided you some Aer Lingus mosaics for your new Ireland transit novel, Satan.
AMLAN: Oh, this is perfect, Sean.



Sean's a big fan of my Pulitzer Prize winning novel about children of the troubles in modern UK (Northern Ireland). I promise him a copy if he'll introduce me to that Irish/Dublin stewardess Shelbye.



I purchase a Green Lantern action-figure toyset (DC Comics) for a Catholic-Protestant schoolhouse visit during my F-IRA literary-visit with Sean McCrady and showcase it to the kids/students who seem to love it and start to claim the comic book character is obviously from Ireland! Of course he is, right?



What will be the new face of Catholic-Protestant negotiations/talks in modern UK, and will creative thinkers be involved in the labors of designed and focused sense of guerrilla-intelligence...and diamonds?



“There was a feeling of comradeship and trust between those of us who had been through hundreds of hours of negotiations, and a sense of almost moral purpose.”
Brian Faulkner on the Sunningdale Agreement

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on August 29, 2021
Last Updated on August 29, 2021
Tags: Travel, Aer Lingus!

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Devil's One Devil's One

A Story by Abishai100