Fightin' Irish: All American [Fantasy!]

Fightin' Irish: All American [Fantasy!]

A Story by Abishai100
"

Diorama of what makes Notre Dame football such a 'fantasy' game of multicultural spirit in America, in honor of the 20th anniversary of 9/11 in the great USA.

"
A patriotic multicultural nod to the timeless American college-football team of Notre Dame. Enjoy! 
----

====

Notre Dame Fightin' Irish is such a storied American college-football team, boasting a standing TV broadcast relationship with the major American network NBC. The Fightin' Irish is the source of this fantasy-football team about dreams realized!



The subject is a hot young Notre Dame quarterback (QB) named Rick who's drafted (in this fantasy-tale) by the awesome NFL team the Minnesota Vikings, who'd never won a Super Bowl.



Notre Dame is a respected and prominent American Catholic university catering to a broad multicultural body and hence boasts multicultural fans who love the NBC Fightin' Irish games every Saturday in autumn. The multicultural 'quality' of the Catholic church in America adds to the prestige of the University of Notre Dame.



You might find a prominent Irish-Catholic politician/diplomat from Europe such as Sinn Fein's Gerry Adams at a special autumn Notre Dame Fightin' Irish college-football game.



Would a man such as the great Adams think that this hot Notre Dame QB 'Rick' might make it up the chart-sheets of a 'Fantasy-Football' Minnesota Vikings season, seeing them win their first Super Bowl?



Notre Dame has boasted incredible talents including Joe Montana and Tim Brown and coaches like Lou Holtz who stamped their impressions on why the Fightin' Irish made it all the way to American folklore.



You might find a Fightin' Irish fan like me (Amlan Satan) costumed as a maudlin/clown at a Notre Dame game, cheering on their rivalry with the Michigan Wolverines.



SATAN (Amlan - me!): I enjoy simulating Notre Dame and Michigan college-football games in Playstation games at home.



So, out little Fightin' Irish Notre Dame fanfare fantasy-football fairy-tale involves our iconic QB 'Rick' achieving much in college before being recruited by an NFL Minnesota Vikings team hoping 'Rick' has 'what it takes' to get their first-ever Super Bowl title.



RICK: I've achieved much for the Fightin' Irish and enjoy distributing autographed posters of my triumphs for Irish fans!



Maybe I'll buy a rookie Classic Irish 'Rick' trading-card for my son, Damian.



'Rick' is psyched to be part of the Vikings (NFL) and hopes to get them that elusive Super Bowl crown that eluded the legendary American QB Fran Tarkenton, who went to consecutive Super Bowl games after being an outstanding star and eventually was inducted into the football Hall-of-Fame.



The Vikings cheerleaders likewise hope this Fightin' Irish QB 'Rick' will have the 'right colors' to take their depraved NFL team all the way.



I (Amlan Satan) myself have a very valuable Fran Tarkenton NFl trading-card, which I won't even trade for a Lamborghini for my wife Shelbye.



After reading Dubliners in high-school and then again in college, I gained a special fascination/admiration of the imaginative beauty of the Irish people and their defiance of the notion that they're simply 'cute' leprechauns of folk-tales but rather a people defined by the lyricism of human stories.



Will 'Rick' do for 'Fantasy-Football' Minnesota Vikings (NFL) what he did for the Fightin' Irish in America and on TV? Will he create inspirations for new generations of American football fans envisioning him taking the Vikings to glory as their Notre Dame recruited star QB? Why not?



This hypothetical fantasy-fate Notre Dame QB 'Rick' in this Fantasy-Football fairy-tale has his own life of course and his own family, but it's a nice American nod to sports-fanfare and Irish culture in our multicultural society to imagine a celebrity college star has what it takes to offer sports (football) fans a special 'note' of modern civilization patriotism, right?



Every Saturday in autumn in America (Haddonfield), I enjoy Fightin' Irish games (real ones!) on TV (NBC) with my Irish-Catholic wife Shelbye. We imagine there's a 'real' Notre Dame QB out there who'll someday bring home the Super Bowl title for the depraved Minnesota Vikings. Yes!



I'm half-Algerian and half-Indian, and both nations had struggling independence movements against colonial rule (France/England), and I find some terrific folkloric parallels with Ireland's achievement of an independent Republic in the 20th Century, which is a nice 'cultural' thought in this patriotic multiculturalism-flavored 20th-anniversary year of 9/11, right?



Lou Holtz (ND-Coach): Those who know Notre Dame, no explanation's necessary. Those who don't, no explanation will suffice.”

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on September 5, 2021
Last Updated on September 5, 2021
Tags: Notre Dame, NFL, Fantasy-Football

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Rose Thief Rose Thief

A Story by Abishai100