Universe-Alternate

Universe-Alternate

A Story by Abishai100
"

A tale of transportation in the mind...and the dune!

"
A figurative treatise on the very 'face' of consciousness-distance.
====

Amlan wanted out. He wanted to escape his world of political blood-diamond work in the UK (Northern Ireland) and had a very strange dream one night.



He's transported to an alternate-universe where everything's literally upside-down! He sees people as they are in this 'dream-world' but are inverted in personality and consciousness, making him wonder if they're really real!



He meets a gorgeous redhead woman named Shelbye who always thinks of a special long numerical value as her ID-name as if she's a robot! He tells her he thinks she's beautiful, but Shelbye responds, "I shall love you as if I'm the best #3154772!"



He then meets a very stunning Native-American woman named Candace who tells him her spirit-name's FreeBird and she's a computer wizard in this strange world of dreams. He realizes Candace is very sensuous and discovers her strange habit of rubbing her hands with cream all the time --- as if she's the opposite of a statue!



AMLAN: I'm buying some Irish stamps in this alternate-universe and stamping them in my memory to look for parallels later!



When Amlan woke from this very lucid but other-worldly dream-experience, he went 'hunting' for those parallel versions of the Irish stamps he'd bought in the alternate-universe and when he found them, he realized he couldn't 'invoke' the literal or figurative 'charm' of the dream-world he'd visited and felt depressed. When he went to the local park to meditate/think, he saw an unforgettable bronze statue of two children and thought to himself, "The world I know is rather...designed."



In the 'universe-alternate' where Amlan visited during dream-sleep, he realized that his mental feelings of escapism were indeed indulged but not to a degree where he'd overwhelmingly forget about the magic and transcendence powers of the 'real world' where he'd learned to develop his unique sense of religious...diction. Thus ends his strange but 'demographic' tale!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on November 4, 2021
Last Updated on November 4, 2021
Tags: Fairy-Tale

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing