The Proposition

The Proposition

A Story by Abishai100
"

A special continental love-fable about discovering 'odd magic' in an uncertain time of destiny.

"
An offbeat romance-optimism tale about modern civilization, inspired very loosely by Il Postino. Thanks for reading, 
----

====

A wealthy prince lived in Boston (USA) and was about to select a fortunate mail-order-bride to fly over from Europe and offer his life of luxury a special and intriguing dash of divinity.



The prince is a man named Satan (Amlan) who works as a blood-diamond infiltrations-agent with Interpol-relations in North America, a real-life James Bond. He's almost like a Robin Hood rendition of a real-world pirate. He's really great, but he's lonely...and wealthy!



SATAN: What's wealth/fortune without a soul to share the smile of life with in this world of danger?



He receives two special 'propositions' (or offers!) from exciting and beautiful women (mail-order-brides!) from Europe, and they're like modern gypsies and are from politically troubled areas in Europe (e.g., Northern Ireland, Chechnya, etc.), so Satan decides to see which of the two candidates is drawn by the 'aesthetic' beauty of his hot Royals baseball-card collection in North America.



SATAN (Amlan): Whomever decodes the 'riddle' of why my Royals-collection is unique/special/odd shall become princess!



Meanwhile, blood-diamond global intrigue floods the troubled cities of Russia and Northern Ireland, and this James Bond prince is forced to take time-out to do more journalism and guerrilla-work with Parliament and Interpol-relations, focusing solely on the contours of modern civilization...depression!



Now, the two princesses are ready to see which of the two is the right mail-order-bride, and they're named Elka and Eliza, and they have to answer that odd Royals-collection riddle posed by the James Bond prince in Boston (USA). So, Elka states, "The Royals cards have an odd hue and reveals the magic of sports-teams," and Eliza states, "The Royals cards have a cool blue charm to them and reveals the uniqueness of American...dollars." The prince is taut and decides both answers are correct and decides to marry both of them and converts to Mormonism and moves to Utah (where polygamy is still licensed/legalized) and enjoys playing table-tennis peg-games with his two princess-brides. This is an American dream!



SATAN (Amlan): My proposition improved my life...and hopefully this entire modern world will be enlightened with wood.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on November 10, 2021
Last Updated on November 10, 2021
Tags: Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing