Candy-Cane Girl

Candy-Cane Girl

A Story by Abishai100
"

An unorthodox view of what composes the diary-like 'fantasies' of escaping the harsh realities of modern capitalism-disingenuity.

"
An homage to pedestrian folk storytelling, this one inspired by Malena. Enjoy! 
----
====

I followed around my special 'Candy-Cane Girl' all around Boston that late Sunday afternoon. I walked after/behind her slowly with my clumsy/sure Polaroid camera (instant-photos!) and took some veiled photos of my darling 'Candy-Cane Girl' who's particularly dressed on this fine/symbolic day as some kind of stylish detective-woman, perhaps because she's walking towards some kind of fancy social event/arena/forum. I thought to myself that this Candy-Cane Girl of mine simultaneously represents my thoughts about capitalism's flowery and traffic-paranoia, and this is why she resembles to me something out of a comic book or folk-tale!



I went home that day to my quaint/private Boston apartment (loft) and decided to draw a re-presentation, much more allegorical, of my special/darling 'Candy-Cane Girl' and made certain my art reflected a unique view of the design/diagonals of wrought beauty-magic and perhaps even the danger behind inventive politics/anthropology. After all, what exactly is my 'Candy-Cane Girl' in terms of my paranoid sense of capitalism-civilization analysis? Does she heal my sense of shopping fears or commercial vanities disgust or worry? I know one thing is clear at least in this moment in the 21st Century in Western civilization --- my special 'Candy-Cane Girl' is to me what the Mona Lisa was to Da Vinci --- a formulated drawing of complete/incomplete dollars!



DIARY ENTRY: "If I never meet this special Candy-Cane Girl in my lifetime, I'll seek her out in the next, perhaps finding some strange 'great adventure' regarding the magical accessibility of derived imaginations about commercial greatness! She'll always be Candy-Cane Girl to me, but I do think that there's a danger behind these private/secret/dark thoughts about 'curing' capitalism-paranoia with artworks defining or describing the lyricism behind finding 'avatars' for civilization dissection. After all, what was Aunt Jemima to African-Americans? What was the Man in the Yellow Hat to children watching/enjoying public-television? What was Captain America (Marvel Comics) to anti-Nazis in the 1960s? Will my Candy-Cane Girl always be my 'panacea' for social depression and deformity regarding unusual...democracy?"

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on December 8, 2021
Last Updated on December 8, 2021
Tags: Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing