Boston Apartment: For Dunes

Boston Apartment: For Dunes

A Story by Abishai100
"

A simple tale of two Americans living in New England, coordinating everyday life with intuitive ideas of distances.

"
A simple tale of Boston living, inspired by Reality Bites (Ethan Hawke)! 
----
====

Amlan Satan moved to Boston (New England) and purchased a nice Somerville apartment and began work at a nearby bookstore, which he commuted to by train everyday and learned to love the amenities and sunsets of the iconic US city!



A graduate of the Ivy League, Amlan Satan liked to read books voraciously but was very picky about what authors he considered great reads/readers, and he created a cyber-blog about his favorite authors --- Edith Wharton, E.B. White, James Joyce, Dean Koontz. He'd been preparing to write a great American novel about the experience of immigration, since he was originally from Algeria himself.



The apartment complex he found was ideal, and it afforded him special living comforts to live out his New England post-graduate life in peace and sanity. He liked collecting books, loved his bookstore job, and kept a very nice living condition(s) in his new American apartment, which he now shared with his Boston College girlfriend.



His girlfriend Sarah is a BC-Eagles football-team cheerleader and senior-year student who's studying to be a nurse. She's very beautiful, and Amlan Satan considers her the greatest 'boon' in his post-graduate life in New England (America)! He tells her everything, and he's looking for ways to integrate his love of literature/books with his fascination with her spirited fanfare surrounding American culture/college.



AMLAN SATAN: So, I gave Sarah a special edition-copy of Wharton's The Age of Innocence, which I know she'll like!



The bookstore he worked at offered customers/consumers both vintage/traditional 'gems' as well as rare-prints and copy-orders of special new and classic works like those of Stephen King and Boris Pasternak. He liked reading to Sarah at night in bed and showed her smartphone-photos of the customers-traffic coming into his New England bookstore and 'coloring' the quality of the social experience.



AMLAN SATAN: The great joy of living in such a nice Boston apartment is the spirit of Sarah with whom I'm sharing space.



The two lovelies take nice afterwork walks or after-game walks in the nearby idyllic Boston park, sometimes in protective Coronavirus masks, and they chat about living in Boston and getting married once Sarah graduates BC and begins medical education and part-time work at the hospital. These park-walks remind Satan of the value of everyday simplified life in New England.



AMLAN SATAN: I got this subscription to American Cheerleader (magazine) for Sarah and me, and we've become addicts.



SARAH: This tribulation time (post-9/11, Coronavirus) in America (Boston) is like love in the time of butterflies/distance.



When will Satan propose marriage to Sarah? Will he attend Eagles games with her even after she graduates? Will this American life 'blossom' into something worthy of good city storyboarding? Will this be a Boston apartment tale of timeless 'distancing' proportions (for the two Americans)?

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on January 26, 2022
Last Updated on January 26, 2022
Tags: American Folklore

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing