Faerie Medium

Faerie Medium

A Story by Abishai100
"

A mysticism-tale of 'strange discovery' linked to faerie-lore, modern academics, and real detention.

"
A story about the 'search' for inner-fantasy, inspired by Photographing Fairies
----
====

Boston (New England) is where an unusual Ivy League professor lives and writes folk-tale books about real 'faeries' (or fairies) living amongst us, in human cities/towns, to bring messages of hope/optimism in this era of 9/11 and Coronavirus tribulation(s).



This professor, Satan, is an expert in mysticism/mythology and oral traditions and draws research from sources as varied as historical claims (sightings of faeries) to cultural folk-traditions inspiring works of experimental literature/witchcraft, all meant to cite the 'faerie' as a spirit-messenger of life's journey towards optimism!



PROFESSOR SATAN: Everyday I wake and before breakfast write a quick cyber-blog about fantasies about faerie-mutations.



One of Satan's peers at the Ivy League, an English professor from Belfast, doesn't believe in faerie-lore but is convinced the work academics like Satan are conducting may shed insight into the nature of photojournalism-sensibility driven sociocultural storytelling and its links to the modern media 'mosaic' of profile design.



PROFESSOR SATAN: Maybe all this 'fantasy' is linked to our consumerism-culture of twinkie-binging and cholesterol panic.



So, Satan and this one 'critic-peer' from the Ivy League decide to venture into the Eastern Pine Barrens forest, rumored to be 'haunted' by specters/creatures of lore, with a special hand-grip powerful flashlight and go searching for signs or evidence revealing the 'sane' conclusion that perhaps faerie sightings are somehow linked to environmental pressures or cultural nativity, and they believe they've spotted a small girl-faerie just ahead of a small lake in the Pine Barrens with their handy-dandy flashlight.



PROFESSOR SATAN: To think that a photo for review could be fraudulent belies our 'yearning' for the fantastic in organics.



Regardless of whether or not Satan and his co-peer at the Ivy League will become 'celebrities' for their joint-work on faerie 'numerology' in Western civilization remains to be seen! What's certain for now, at least, is that the bond between hope and skepticism is sometimes drawn with the circumference-lines of 'actual' desperation!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on January 29, 2022
Last Updated on January 29, 2022
Tags: Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing