Ladyhawk

Ladyhawk

A Story by Abishai100
"

A U-Chicago writer living a very normal life begins work on a big-city romance-novel which brings him close to a daybreak.

"
An offbeat romance story set in Chicago. 
----
====

A young man in Chicago, coach of the U-Chicago soccer-team, was writing a novel about the serendipity of discovered but unanticipated love in the big city. He started thinking about the 'natural magic' of Earth events like incidental meetings and started meditating on a hawk-bird which always appeared on the porch-sill of his Chicago apartment.



This professor-coach was seeing a co-professor at U-Chicago but suspected she wasn't truly adjusted to their life of romance as teachers at the university. This young man thought about the nature of complex love in the big city, where human beings had to balance the public dream with private imagination, and he wondered how he'd fit his aloof girlfriend into his novel-concept.



He liked living in his Chicago apartment by himself and took furious notes about his romance-novel in the big city on Saturday mornings when he wouldn't have to go to the campus for a work-session or team-play. He kept staring at that hawk-bird which regularly perched on the outdoor window-porch-sill of his Chicago apartment. He started thinking about the amenities/luxuries of modern life and why he sometimes took Klonopin and Theraflu to stay fit and vital mentally/physically and adjusted into this Chicago apartment-life.



His aloof co-professor girlfriend at U-Chicago lived in her own place and didn't have much concern for his romance-novel about the big city and simply thought he was up to some private activity that he'd share if he chose and remained more or less a loving confidante for whenever the time felt right.



Staring at the moonlight in the skyline of Chicago, this young man thought more about his romance-novel, about the magical hawk-bird which regularly perched on his porch-sill outside his city-apartment and about perhaps encountering a real 'specter' of a magical woman who might serve as a literary 'muse' for his romance-novel concept about the serendipity of unanticipated love in in the big city.



While visiting a beach-house for vacation by himself, the man encountered an incredibly shimmering young woman who'd been walking on the sands in a very alluring white skinny dress of lace. He felt hypnotized by her and knew she'd be the perfect 'muse' for his big-city romance-novel. He had to meet her. They started dating and fell in love. However, he never knew where she went to when they weren't together that vacation month in the beach-house. She simply vanished when they weren't together!



When he returned to Chicago and began work on his romance-novel fully, he used the young woman he met on the beach as his muse-inspiration and began to write a work which would win him much acclaim at U-Chicago. He thought about life in the big city and how he'd most likely never again encounter that 'beach-specter' woman who'd inspired him and made him feel much better about living in a big traffic city like the Windy City!



His novel served loosely as an academic inspiration for a new remake of a classic romance-fantasy film about lost moments of love created by unanticipated mystical events.



He married his co-professor girlfriend after all and planned to live a long and normal happy married life with her. He never saw his beach-specter woman again. He'd still wonder, however, if all this romance-writing somehow brought him closer to the intimations of 'true' darkness.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on February 8, 2022
Last Updated on February 8, 2022
Tags: Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing