Baroness of Dartmouth

Baroness of Dartmouth

A Story by Abishai100
"

An intelligentsia-female works alongside the mysterious 'Storm-Shadow' in a study about fairies/mysticism and war-experience diary.

"
I'll sign off with this sociological mystical tale-of-fiction, inspired by the amazing film FairyTale: A True Story (Harvey Keitel). 
----
====

Baroness Aya was a sociologist at Dartmouth (New England) and was about to be visited by a mystic intellectual, a real mystery-man named Storm-Shadow.



BARONESS AYA: I've been working at Dartmouth now for 4 years and grown accustomed to its snowy tranquilities!



Storm-Shadow is a covert paramilitary blood-diamond operationalist with Interpol-relations working alongside the invisible 'GI Joes' who work against modern forms of anti-globalism terrorism (e.g., 9/11). Storm-Shadow's been studying (as a real 'mystic' soldier) the presence of supernatural creatures being sighted by everyday people distressed by war/terrorism and visited Dartmouth (Baroness Aya!) for a conference on the role of folklore in modern historianship!



STORM-SHADOW: I'm going to search the forests of New England for apparent fairy-sightings reported by war-veterans!



In this post-9/11 era of great terrorism-concern and governance comics/storytelling/cinema, it's nice to know there's real 'mystic' soldiers studying the impact of war-experiences on veterans/laymen erecting true forms of folklore/art(s).



STORM-SHADOW: Do you believe in fairies/faeries, Baroness Aya?
BARONESS AYA: I'm familiar with the sociological studies of mysticism/mythology in Europe!
STORM-SHADOW: Reports of fairy-sightings by war-veterans signal an 'arrow' towards escapism, no?
BARONESS AYA: It seems the 'fantastic' in folk-storytelling reflects concerns of socialized distancing!
STORM-SHADOW: Perhaps you'll join me on a forest-quest for a real 'fairy' for one of your publications?
BARONESS AYA: Well, I admit that sounds rather...drawn.



First, Storm-Shadow takes Baroness Aya to a supposed haunted war-relic site in New England where they both sight a real-life fairy-like specter or ghost and decide it's a 'sign' that they're on the right track in their investigation(s) about mysticism. Storm-Shadow explains to the Baroness (of Dartmouth!) this sort of research is a sign of modernism paranoia!



BARONESS AYA: Let's go to the local shopping-mall and look for war-veterans shopping with their families (comfy setting!).



Storm-Shadow and Baroness Aya decide to create a joint-work on the nature of robotics-design for 'avatars' or folk characters symbolizing deep imagination(s) about the 'personalities' of identity in storytelling and how such personality-presentations parallel veterans' sightings of fairies/faeries/specters for ideas regarding war-machinery escapism!



STORM-SHADOW: Perhaps all the media 'glitter' surrounding the graphics/broadcast of major sports makes social daydreams.



BARONESS AYA: There's so much 'unusual' civilization infrastructure/architecture, you get the feeling of oddities in streets.



Storm-Shadow then shockingly reveals to the Baroness (of Dartmouth!) that all this mysticism-research regarding war-experience trauma/fantasy coupling his field-guerrilla work with diamond-market cleansing/traffic veils his actual double-life as a real 'mystic' working/studying global groups immersed in forms of governance-tremors (e.g., Northern Ireland, United Kingdom!). He also tells Baroness Aya that he himself has sighted and 'befriended' real fairies/faeries while working in the UK with diamond hills.



BARONESS AYA: I don't know if I 'believe' Storm-Shadow or simply 'believe in' him; he's sure got lots of toys.



In this age of global paranoia and governance concerns, it's nice to think there's everyday folktales of the supernatural and 'other-worldly' to 'color' (or paint!) our worldly experience(s) with the depression(s) of socialized distancing...and damage.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was an interesting situation portrayal. Do you intend to develop it further? I've always been a fan of fantasy/sci/fi. I'm interested to see what direction you might take this in. I enjoyed the read.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 18, 2022
Last Updated on February 18, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing