Mecha-Spiders

Mecha-Spiders

A Story by Abishai100
"

A mad scientist releases a legion of mecha-spiders after making a hit in the Christmas shopping-season, cementing himself as an evil devil.

"
A sci-fi horror-comics tale inspired loosely by Arachnophobia. Enjoy! 
----
==== 
----
A mad scientist named Wily decided to design a 'legion' of robotic spider-toys which became very popular for Christmastime shopping in Minnesota, Michigan, and Massachusetts, the 3 Big Ms in US states. This was because Wily marketed these 'mecha-spiders' as purely an 'mmm' experience, referring to how intellectually tasty they felt (since these toys had the ability to carry little food-plates on their backs, by remote-control, for picnics). The mecha-spiders became so popular that they started outselling Cabbage Patch Kids that Christmas shopping-season. That's when Wily got a little too ambitious, given all his commercial successes in North America (United States). 
----
Wily decided to 'enhance' his designed/invented 'mecha-spiders' by adding little explosive devices strapped on their bellies and released them as a 'legion' of hell in already-troubled Northern Ireland (United Kingdom), where blood-diamond pirate-smuggling in the streets were luring rogue members of the IRA/UVF into forms of modern frustrating urban crime (Belfast). Suddenly, the modern UK had become a hellmouth of Wily's designed/invented 'mecha-spider' release, and reporters called this the Bedlam of Belfast, which was way worse than Bloody Sunday, folks. However, this isn't a tale for toddlers! 
----
WILY: My mecha-spiders will now be unleashed onto the Customs House in Dublin (Catholic Ireland). 
----
Who'd stop such madness in modern times? The mecha-spiders of the evil 'Dr. Wily' had become a synonym for dead-pool hellmouths. The reporters wondered if this was a sign of the inventive 'face' of new era post-9/11 era anti-globalism terrorism. Furthermore, these Wily 'mecha-spiders' were elusive and no one knew it was 'Dr. Wily' who'd been responsible for their inventions. They'd managed to destroy much! US President Biden offered words-of-comfort by adding, "We'll deploy special rayon-suited anti-bomb agents in the UK/Ireland to 'catch' these 'insecticons' of hell and hopefully avoid becoming monsters/fumers themselves!" Perhaps what the world needed was a 'true' hero like...Spider-Man. 
----
====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes) 

----

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on March 12, 2022
Last Updated on March 12, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Rose Thief Rose Thief

A Story by Abishai100