The Chicago Faerie Drew

The Chicago Faerie Drew

A Story by Abishai100
"

A Chicago person with a boy-hood fantasy about a cartoon antiheroine finds an even more 'distancing' fantasy as an adult sports-writer.

"
An eerie romance-tale about sports obsession, inspired by Mr. Destiny (John Belushi). Enjoy, 
----

====

Amlan Satan is a sports-writer living in Chicago and grew up watching an iconic rock-musician adventure cartoon series called Jem in which an iconic antiheroine named Pizzazz was showcased as an American 'siren' of capitalism profiteerism, and he fell in love with her, this cartoon-girl, as a little boy. However, when he grew older, he realized this daydream was more like a child's fantasy and donned a more objective view of romantic love as an adult living in the fabled Windy City!



AMLAN SATAN: Chicago is my home/life, and it's fostered in me my love of cartoons, fairy-tales, and baseball writing.



He never gave-up his romantic fascination with the cartoon-antiheroine named Pizzazz. However, he became 'jaded' with capitalism while negotiating the ins-and-outs of baseball-cards market inflations as a sports-fanwriter and collector. He decided his fascination with the colorful Pizzazz was merely a thing of youthful fancy. He never forgot her, however.



As an adult-writer of American sports (baseball), Satan became involved in the use of mythology characters and cartoon robots/avatars in his write-ups about the general 'diamonds' of baseball aesthetics, re-presenting these characters/avatars as symbolic of a civilization design. He'd now officially grown up from his fascination with Pizzazz and embraced a full-palate of cartoon-avatar storytelling.



However, one day, he had a dream in which he imagined he's being visited or even romanced by the 'faerie-spirit' of Pizzazz, and she'd been 'transformed' into a very unusual blonde winged faerie-woman (winged humanoid 'angel' messenger of wisdom/cautions). He thought this Faerie-Pizzazz was even more 'haunting' than the cartoon-antiheroine he'd watched in Chicago on TV as a young boy, daydreaming he'd be 'united' with her in an alternative universe of courtship.



He never woke from that dream. He believed he made love to Faerie-Pizzazz every night before sleep, and he never married anyone, no human woman, because of this newfound life-love. If you asked this strange Chicago 'dreamer' why he'd adopted such a 'fantasy' life in the fabled Windy City, he might turn to you and say, "The faerie is my designed."

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on March 17, 2022
Last Updated on March 17, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing