Shiva/Vishnu: The Durga Contest [Belfast]

Shiva/Vishnu: The Durga Contest [Belfast]

A Story by Abishai100
"

Deities from the heavens descend to Earth to 'work-out' an economic(s)-lens 'mission' or 'game' involving inter-religious peace in Northern Ireland (UK)!

"
A tale about modern European inter-religious coexistence commercial analysis, inspired by Patriot Games (Harrison Ford) and featuring the Eastern deity-avatars Shiva and Durga and Vishnu. Enjoy! 
----
====

Lord Vishnu (master of protection) and Lord Shiva (master of destruction/meditation) were discussing the metrics of socialized distance(s) in human civilization on Earth and wanted to approach the problem/condition of sectarian woes in Northern Ireland (United Kingdom) as some potential function of failures in human romance or storytelling. They devised a contest to see which of the two deity-lords could impress Goddess Durga (deity of governance) with a folk-action designed to create better inter-religious coexistence in that troubled part of Europe.



VISHNU: Blood-diamond piracy traffic has compounded urban crime worries in Belfast!
SHIVA: We'll intervene and do some cyber-vigilante work in Northern Ireland to woo Durga!
VISHNU: I bet Durga will herself visit Earth to see what we're doing to win her affection.
SHIVA: Technically, Vishnu, she's engaged to me, you know.
VISHNU: Yeah yeah I know, but you're a workaholic, and I'm wondering if you need this challenge!
SHIVA: That's a fair deal --- I won't take this lightly; I'll win, pal!
VISHNU: We'll see.
SHIVA: Yes, well, yeah, blood-diamond congestion in Belfast only adds to unemployment worries among youth.



DURGA: An economic(s) approach to the sectarian 'troubles' in Northern Ireland may address why poverty breeds terror!



Shiva transformed into an Algerian-American schoolteacher and philosopher of capitalism ('Amlan Satan') and worked on the cyber-network to blog about blood-diamond and crime economics management in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK). He focused on the conveniences imagination of modern consumerism/commercial culture, and specifically, the Northern Ireland local grocery-store or supermarket. Did Catholics-Protestants divided by socioeconomics conditions disparities in troubled Northern Ireland feel like they'd have equity of pedestrian life at the local Belfast supermarket(s)?



Durga was indeed on Earth to 'monitor' this game-wager of romantic proportion(s) waged between Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu. She'd been considering marrying Shiva in any case, but she wanted to see if Shiva would take this 'romance-challenge' for upgraded commitment/devotion to her seriously. She decided to become a magazine-writer named Iso doing a special feature on youth-league soccer clubs in Northern Ireland, a sportsmanship approach to inter-religious coexistence fear(s).



Lord Vishnu (master of protection!) meanwhile posed as a stunt-double for a prominent American/Hollywood movie-star making a groundbreaking movie about the Royal Family in the UK. He'd use the 'royalty' approach to governance over capitalism in Northern Ireland to address sectarian woes through the 'telescope' of active commercial education and perhaps even some nifty vigilante-like cyber-blogging!



Shiva and Durga decided to go to the Belfast supermarket (together!) and do some photo-shop work with pedestrian images of everyday consumers, be they Catholic or Protestants, and see what kinds of 'traffic behaviors' captured a modern magazine-imagination about globalism, religious tolerance, and inter-religious life in the everyday streets/shops/markets. This was 'advanced' anthropology, and Durga was really pleased her 'beau' (Shiva) was taking this sentiment-driven civilization 'mission' quite seriously!



SHIVA ('Amlan Satan'): I'm so thrilled to be working alongside you, sweetheart!
DURGA ('Iso'): I can really see you're taking this matter quite literally/seriously, darling.
SHIVA: Yeah, well, I have a 'worthy' challenger for this anthropological mission/game.
DURGA: Don't take the contest too seriously now.
SHIVA: No; in fact, I'm more hypnotized by your work with magazine-world writings.
DURGA: Yeah, well Europeans appreciate the media-approach to sociopolitical conversationalism.
SHIVA: We make a rather 'excellent' human-transformed diplomacy unit.
DURGA: This is a rather 'democratic' endeavor!
SHIVA: The media shall think this rather...designed!



DURGA (Iso): I'm going to write an Easter-egg magazine feature on Catholic-Protestant kids at school celebrating together!



SHIVA (Amlan Satan); So, I've been doing anthro-work with my camera at Belfast grocery-stores!
VISHNU (Christopher): I've been cyber-blogging about the Royal Family and governance hierarchies in England.
SHIVA: I think Durga (Iso) will prefer my grassroots approach to Belfast economics/coexistence harmony analysis.
VISHNU: I think you're right; but I did give it a 'good-go' with my Royalty approach to economic reform(s).
SHIVA: It was a good idea which I think Sinn Fein will follow-up on, my friend!
VISHNU: Durga (Iso) was always yours, Shiva (Amlan).
SHIVA: Indeed; thanks; in any case, we learned to appreciate the 'toy' value of water-guns for all kids for Christmas.
VISHNU: Hey, it's a 'dollar' civilization.
SHIVA: Yeah, and with stellar 'diet' proportion(s)!
VISHNU: Cool; thanks for this experience, old friend.



With that said, Durga (Iso) conceded that her 'beau' Shiva ('Amlan Satan') impressed her more in the United Kingdom with his 'street-work' diligence approach with liberal lenses. Vishnu would remain simply her 'associate' for intellectual conferences alongside her future-husband Shiva. What everyone appreciated was the awesome 'media-quality' of all this divine Northern Ireland commercial demo work(s).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on March 17, 2022
Last Updated on March 17, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing