Imogen: New Orleans

Imogen: New Orleans

A Story by Abishai100
"

Narrated 'vignette' of a hypnotized New Orleans 'stranger' following-around an aspiring beautiful actress and believing she may be an alien/faerie (in disguise!).

"
A very fun/affable 'fairy-tale' inspired by My Stepmother Is an Alien (Kim Basinger). Hope you like it, 
----
====

My name is Satan (Amlan), and I've been guilty of tracking a peculiar/iconic Western movie actress named Imogen in New Orleans. Every morning, I wake up and wait outside hew NO apartment and wait until she walks outside and to her parked car in the apartment-complex garage and drive out and head to her daily destination(s). Sometimes, Imogen goes to the supermarket and sometimes to the New Orleans movie-studio where she works/aspires to become a major 'celebrity' in the United States. It's the demeanor/mannerism(s) of this iconic and precocious Western movie actress Imogen that's hypnotized me and has drawn me to the unavoidable 'need' to just follow her around everywhere. When I notice what she does or who she meets or where she goes, I take smartphone-camera shots and take diligent if insane notes in my personal diary/notebook. I wonder (honestly) when/how I'll someday (if ever!) approach this non-celebrity and simply greet her and tell her, "It's alright you're not famous yet, because I (personally!) think you're destined for special magazine-world greatness, fair Imogen!" However, I haven't worked up this special courage yet in this modern society we live in, filled with the tribulation(s) of disease, sectarian violence, poverty, global wars, political controversy, and even media strangeness. I remain Imogen's 'avid-fan' and think of myself now as a 'speed-racing' loon chasing the dream of someday greeting her...and I think I'll introduce myself to her as a 'musketeer' of Western depression.



Why a movie-actress draws me to this newfound life of strange tracking obsession is arguably/perhaps beyond the likes of me, because/since perhaps/arguably, I'm irreversibly 'insane' about both Imogen and the world we occupy! What is it about the modern age of media that draws me into the 'imagery-world' of a hypnotizing 'phantom-like' beautiful vision of an aspiring actress, a rising star (in my estimates!) in Hollywood, who (in my opinion!) is slated to make films with the likes of Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, or Leo DiCaprio. I believe this rising phenomenon of the media-world, Imogen, is some kind of 'messenger' of complete socialized distance(s), and I believe I'll discover the underlying 'mechanics' of hypnotizing charm(s) --- the nature of magazine-society art(s). Why do we, for example, 'canonize' images/portraits of terrific media figures in great characters/characterizations found in cinema and television? Have we become 'dependent' on the notion that resurrections of the timeless/ancient storytellings of great heroics or adventures or romance reveal our 'need' to cast 'portraits' of movie/TV personage as symbolic or re-presentative of academic dreams?



AMLAN: I believe you're a goddess...right here in New Orleans.
IMOGEN: Oh no, stranger...I'm not a human at all...I'm a faerie.
AMLAN: What?
IMOGEN: I know you've been following me around here in New Orleans!
AMLAN: So?
IMOGEN: You believe I'm a faerie, then (disguised as a human movie actress)?
AMLAN: Perhaps!
IMOGEN: Continue to follow me then, good stranger...and see what you'll 'discover' about this south-city.



I almost had a heart-attack when I mustered up the mustard-courage to approach this 'faerie' (movie actress beauty vision!) Imogen and asked her if I could get her a cup of coffee and delicious hot dog(s)! I didn't believe Imogen when she claimed she's a faerie (winged humanoids who dwell in Earth-forests and offer messages of warnings/hopes), but why'd she tell me such a 'bizarre' thing? Maybe she's just trying to get rid of me, frighten/shoo away a 'stalker' of the movie-world and focus on her ambition(s)/career! I thought that, I really did. I really did consider that! However, I couldn't put my 'shaky-finger' on such an idea --- of why Imogen would tell me she's a real-life/actual faerie from the Earth-forest(s)! I had no choice but to conclude that I'm completely schizophrenic and Imogen really is a faerie from the woods --- an immortal female! She's here to let me know it's 'OK' to be a stalker as long as I understand/appreciate the reason behind my albeit harmless obsession/hypnosis. I wanted to be a writer, but I couldn't hack it! I'm following around an aspiring beauty-vision actress in New Orleans...because I'm fatally wounded in my heart, and I 'need' the experience of an awakening distance. I won't follow around Imogen anymore...but I'll always believe...she's actually a real faerie.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on March 21, 2022
Last Updated on March 21, 2022
Tags: Fairy-Tale

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing