Envy

Envy

A Story by Abishai100
"

A 'dark vignette' about capitalism's strange-face and the erections of personalized vanities/uncertainty it may generate in populism (and dragons!).

"
A complex nod to capitalism's 'tricky' face, inspired loosely by Thank You For Smoking (Aaron Eckhart)! Enjoy, 
----
====

A lonely writer living in a Catholic area of Boston was obsessed with the 'worldly' texture-flavor of Bailey's Irish Cream milk-liqueur and liked to drink it every Friday night with buttered bread while watching World Cup soccer broadcasts/uploads on YouTube. This writer is Amlan Satan.



In fact, Satan (Amlan) liked to collect art-prints and flyers depicting the natural textures and zestiness of Bailey's Irish Cream and likened his album-mosaic to some collections-work representing modern capitalism flowery in Western civilization and wrote about the 'quality' of 'face' of consumer-goods accessibility revealing special fancifulness regarding alcohol-consumption in mixed-brews for home-comforts and personal/private satsifactions!



AMLAN SATAN: I think I'll start 'designing' some of my own work(s) about the zeal of cream-liqueur marketability in America!



Then, one day, a mysterious and alluring Irish woman in Boston who'd been dressed as a 'female knight' for St. Patrick's Day (Shelbye Collins) visited Amlan Satan in his Boston apt. and asked him how 'serious' he was about his Bailey's writings online and challenged him to think more 'philosophically' about the 'natural human colors' of capitalism access to lifestyle-satisfactions goods. You see, Shelbye being Irish, she wanted to 'test' this non-Irish intellectual for his 'worldly' creative writings regarding an Irish liqeur product!



AMLAN: Why'd I have to 'defend' my natural love of a basically tasty worldly product/liqueur?
SHELBYE: Well, Satan (Amlan), you're not Irish (like me!).
AMLAN: Who cares?
SHELBYE: Wouldn't you prefer a delicious Wendy's baked-potato with cheese-and-cream?
AMLAN: Why, 'cause it's generically American?
SHELBYE: Well, yes, I want to engage your mental sensibility regarding flavor knowledge!
AMLAN: It's just because I'm not Irish by descent/heritage, right?
SHELBYE: Yeah, and I think you'd prefer to 'write' about a tasty generic Wendy's baked-potato with cream/cheese!
AMLAN: Shelbye my darling, I think you're challenging 'sense' of capitalism-acquired envy.
SHELBYE: Isn't commerce/consumerism all about the 'tasting/sampling' of traffic envy?
AMLAN: Me thinks you're attempting to 'deconstruct' my contribution(s) to consumerism zeal!
SHELBYE: Consumerism is all about envy.



That night, Amlan Satan had a strange dream in which he'd have to defend the 'natural magic' of capitalism/consumerism to an adversarial Green Dragon representing the idealization or consciousness of human/socialized envy. He'd have to be a 'butler-groom' of consumerism attitudes.



AMLAN SATAN: You think I have 'limited' access to consumerism zeal for Irish products/items?
GREEN DRAGON: Well, you're not Irish by heritage but certainly 'boast' an American access!
AMLAN SATAN: Does this suggest I should feel 'envious' about Irish goods, not being Irish myself?
GREEN DRAGON: Wouldn't 'natural humility' prescribe such an attitude, Satan (Amlan)?
AMLAN SATAN: I suppose you're somewhat right, but what I like about Bailey's is a 'splendid' lyric!
GREEN DRAGON: You're romanticizing capitalism, eh?
AMLAN SATAN: What's wrong with that?
GREEN DRAGON: Well, capital/capitalism is about the motion(s) of demand and inflation.
AMLAN SATAN: You can add a 'touch' of human response dynamism to that metric, no?
GREEN DRAGON: Yes, you may; but remember this --- consumerism is a 'system' for discovery.
AMLAN SATAN: You're accurate about that; however, I remain a 'witness' of goods-spells/magic.
GREEN DRAGON: You're an idealist...like most capitalists.
AMLAN SATAN: I'm in 'awe' of your splendid candor regarding systems-distributions.
GREEN DRAGON: That's my role --- I'm a 'Devil's Advocate' of sporting dimension!



When Amlan Satan awoke from this 'splendid' dream-sleep during which he achieved a certain 'intellectual-flair' debating with this adversarial Green Dragon representing philosophical systems envy, he decided to purchase a combat video-game featuring an iconic nature-reflective eco-warrior princess and used her in special fighting-sequences to reflect his 'media' fascination with depictions of Irish culture/tones in commercial traffic (e.g., Notre Dame football, Lucky Charms breakfast-cereal). He thought about the Green Dragon and what the adversary mentioned about the 'sporting' dynamics of capitalism-media distance(s) and realized he'd become fascinated with the 'earthy textures/richness' of Irish-themed imagery/products for their 'sense' of natural humanness.



AMLAN SATAN: I'll still write about Bailey's but with a grain of 'Irish salt' --- nothing is 'certain' about capitalism's dream(s)!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on March 22, 2022
Last Updated on March 22, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing