12 Faeries

12 Faeries

A Story by Abishai100
"

Can an eccentric crayons-artist of New England generate 'faerie-art' that will move social value...or draw out 'dark' velvet?

"
A tale of art...and optimism, inspired by An Angel at My Table
----
====

Amlan Satan, an eccentric studio-cartoonist living in idyllic New England and creating a series of crayon-drawings (stick-figure coloring!) of faeries (mythical winged humanoids of the forest with messages of life wisdom or warning) and married his high-school sweetheart Jennifer who has to wonder if all this immersive 'fantasy-art' will haunt their New England home now. What can she tell him as she decorates their new newlywed house?



AMLAN SATAN: This is advanced 'modern' art for kids, and I take everything seriously and wear gear/glasses to shield spray.



He uses spray-paint or homemade broken-down hand/finger crayons to make this sort of faerie-art, and he'd made countless little 'etchings' and 'doodles' of stick-figure 'faeries' symbolizing a modern living fascination with immortality and the engagement of unusual values in conditions of trying human circumstances, which gives his child-like 'crayon-art' a special 'demo' angle for escapism, and he's wondered if he'd become obsessed with his own homemade crayons.



AMLAN SATAN: I've achieved the impossible; I've managed to generate an 'amazing' living faerie who's almost a 'super' hero.



Now, everytime he makes a trip to the local supermarket, Amlan Satan thinks he's 'sighting' real-life faeries disguised as humanoids! He takes photos sometimes of the outside parking-lot, convinced one of these 'faeries' at the market will approach him to 'thank' him for his newfound love of faerie-doodles/art in New England!



JENNIFER: I feel myself going insane; there's nothing 'realistic' about faerie sightings, and I think Satan's turning rogue.



With Jennifer in so much awe-woe, she had no choice but to call the psychiatrist in the New England area and had Amlan Satan summarily moved to the insane-asylum where he's now living among the truly crazy. These are schizos and manics and Amlan feels himself drifting deeply and away from his once-newfound deep love of faerie-arts.



Nevertheless, the doctors at the Arkham New England mental-center agree to provide Satan (Amlan) a box full of crayons and a book-construction kit and ordering portrait supplies, which he all uses to weave together 'homemade' faerie-comics, and he calls this project/edition Faerie-Dartmouth, and he requests if he can post the homemade comics online for entreatments of endorsements/support!



AMLAN SATAN: What terrific development; I now have an endorsement from a relation of Ray Bradbury at Arkham!



When Faerie-Dartmouth becomes a 'dashing-splash' online, Amlan Satan is released from Arkham where he supervises the juxtaposition of his civilization-heroics faerie-doodles for youth alongside modern political woes in South Africa and Northern Ireland, re-casting the human circumstance as reflective of a modernism fear of spiritualism disintegration. Amlan's humbled finally...and celebrity!



However, a Cobra-terrorist in New England reads the online comics art and decides to have Satan assassinated. This 'super-villain' is none other than Elijah Prakash, an Indian man who hopes to disseminate graphic violence-comics online to youngsters to 'lure' them to a life of terrorism!



AMLAN SATAN: I'm losing control of my intellectual-property, since Faerie-Dartmouth is now being chatted for capitalism.



When Satan discovers that these faerie-artworks, including the favorite Amlan made in his New England home he shared with his ex-wife Jennifer of a 'super' hero faerie (resembling DC's Batman!), have been adapted into storyboards for a graphic combat game for the Playstation (USA), he wonders if his 'dream' of a faerie-world has been adapted into a 'complex' real-world of advanced sophistication.



He (Amlan Satan) had a 'vision' of visceral romanticism faerie-tales, and though he can't leave this daydream of 'a perfect world' of love and heroics and eccentric courage, he wonders where such visions will 'go' in the environment of much more 'graphic' diction!



ELIJAH PRAKASH (Cobra): I 'doubt' this youth-driven fantasy will generate anything more than 'dark' dollars...we'll see.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on March 24, 2022
Last Updated on March 24, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing