Centurion Century

Centurion Century

A Story by Abishai100
"

A desolate post-WWIII village/settlement in North America is invaded by the evil Horde and requires the light-brigade, Centurion(s), for utter diaries.

"
Signing off with this elegiac ode/fanfiction inspired by the amazing recent film Centurion. Thanks for reading (and enjoy!), 
----
====

After the great World War, the Earth was settled by sparse shelters/havens occupied by groups of domesticated wandering 'clans' who'd found homes in fields/country-sides to rebuild after the nuclear holocaust. These isolated areas of domesticated post-WW settlement were somewhat randomly placed and therefore somewhat randomly vulnerable/susceptible to bands of roaming bandits/savages who'd basically been cited as the generic 'Hordes' of evil, making the New Earth a planet of desolation but also of hope.



In one such settlement lived a 'clan' of wanderers who'd settled in some part of enduring North American (British Columbia) lands and made group activities and their own clothing, modeled after some of the utilitarianly modest but 'religious' fashions we'd seen in Old Europe (prior to the Black Death). This settlement contained happy people who'd nevertheless lived isolated and were composed of men, women, and children, but no warriors.



One band of the evil 'Hordes' now wandering around the New Earth was known as the Hydra, which was composed of sparse but sometimes unifying teams of massacre and pillage. One portion/faction of Hydra decided to trek into North America (British Columbia) to ransack and torture the already-mentioned peaceful but isolated/vulnerable clan-village settlement, armed with axes and swords and some collected guns.



VILLAGE (British Columbia): We've news of the approaching Hydra-Horde faction, and we're not sure who can help us now.



The Hydra-Horde faction arrived to destroy this British Columbian village in North America and took the entire clan hostage and announced their intention(s) to torture them without pity or remorse, declaring a 'formal' scheme to rape and bloody-murder, turning the villagers into basically 'bandit-adorned saints' for the hellmouth.



HYDRA-HORDE: There's no safety for you now in this New Earth, and Hydra's already roamed around destroying defiant ones.



The Hydra-Horde faction began by ordering the village-clan members (British Columbians) to waddle through the muddy fields with their livestock and bathe in the filth naked and prepare the young beautiful/attractive women to be raped. One of the young boys of this desolate village fled the hellish scene to go look for help, hoping his 'family' would endure the first-stage, the 'entertainment mud-waddling' portion of the torture/massacre while he looked for help.



BOY (from Village): I've arrived in this town to describe the Hydra-faction imprisoning our settlement; we need help and I can describe these bandits to you very clearly to give you an honest account of what kind of heroes we'd need to tackle this sort of Earthly pirate-force.



The boy had found a real blessing, since the town he found had been traversed by a random 'unit' of special mercenaries, swordsmen/women of great valor known as the Centurion(s) who'd boasted their own post-WW 'army-crest' insignia and left it with townsfolk in case some random village/settlement sought help. The Centurions were called back to return to the British Columbia area settlement/village to rescue the desolate clan!



CENTURIONS: We work for free for you this time; you're poor; we're disgusted by this Hydra-design; we'll go with you, boy.



One of the WW survivor members/warriors of the Centurion(s) was Amlan Satan, a pre-Holocaust blood-diamond operationalist in Northern Ireland with Interpol-relations office(s) skilled at choreographing team-play in conditions of piracy. He orchestrated a scheme to descend upon the Hydra-Horde faction holding the British Columbian village-settlement hostage for eventual rape/torture/murder and fire unlimited with only crossbows and wielding metallurgy-shields to block gunfire and firing until every Hydra bandit was simply executed with precise shots to the arms and legs while the other Centurions struck into the thick of the 'force/army' of Hydra with sharpened sabers/swords.



AMLAN SATAN: The crossbow is our entry-point into the perimetry-security of Hydra, and we'll send the message that bandits aren't immune from the organized offense of targeting dreads.



BOY: It was a rousing glory for our desolate village, as the Centurion(s) devasted Hydra with unbelievable valor, and what everyone will now remember is the 'small' legend of this great light-brigade simply routing this 'mini-scheme' to create hell-on-Earth and reversing a post-WWII 'dark agenda' of human sacrifice.



AMLAN SATAN: Let's remember this small triumph as we recount the 'glory-days' of pre-Holocaust America, when cheerleaders offered sportsmanship dance(s) for the simple trumpets of socialized distances and media-era rewards of democracy, right?



TOWN GAZETTE: The Centurion(s) can't be forgotten for what they achieved for the British Columbians, in fields of heaven.



BOY: It's been two years now since our glorious salvation, and I've become a town's artist rendering tales of Centurion(s).



AMLAN SATAN: There's more mercenary-work to be done, but the mud-pit(s) of darkness can't erase the spirits of defiance!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on April 7, 2022
Last Updated on April 7, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing