Dark Ages Nurse

Dark Ages Nurse

A Story by Abishai100
"

Kitana is a Mass-General Coronavirus 'mutation' nurse who time-travels to the 'Dark Ages' in a potion dream-sleep and discovers timeless dreamcatchers.

"
A love-letter to medicine inspired loosely by the unusual film The Physician. Enjoy, 
----
====

Kitana is a medical nurse at Mass General (Boston, New England) who's working on a new outbreak mutation of the Coronavirus involving toxoplasmosis (brain tumors) in the brain spontaneously growing out of some schizophrenic condition of conversational angst in crowded situations where patients complain of intolerable spaces.



KITANA: All this work with toxoplasmosis at Mass-Gen makes me think about chemical/nature-cures to brain-blood vitality.



The new Coronavirus mutation seems to have something to do with an airborne or space-administered highly-communicable form of the virus in the humidity of the atmosphere compounded by saliva or sneezing or simply breathing in close distance to others, and it leads to people becoming enflamed and blood-clotted in the brain, all from the host-molecule's 'uncanny' ability to latch onto receptors of the invaded's membrane.



Kitana seeks a fortune-teller who gives her a special sleeping 'potion' that will enable her to dream-sleep she's traveling through time and hence confronting a 'fantasy-medicine' scenario in an earlier time-era which will 'ease' her troubled mind created by this new Coronavirus mutation!



KITANA: Good Lord, I've ended up in the Dark Ages in this lucid dream-sleep because of that fortune-teller's potion!



Kitana enlists herself as a court/feudal area's hand-nurse/medical officer and tries to administer cures to people afflicted with the Plague or from injuries incurred from invasion-battles between feuding estates/kingdoms of warriors and knights.



KITANA: I've landed in a time/place of rather deformed dramatic(s) and great human resilience and woes.



As the 'Dark Ages Nurse' in this lucid dream-sleep of time-travel, Kitana of Mass-General 2022 (Boston, New England) suddenly finds herself with the will/wile to become a practicing female medical 'officer' for injured warriors and ailment-stricken villagers in a time of great distance.



KITANA: The Black Death (Plague) transformed the migration mind of the West; toxoplasmosis is a premonition from now!



She's become a special 'warrior-doctor' (or princess-nurse) in the Dark Ages in this time-traveling dream-sleep adventure, and she's gathering special chamomile and lavender herbs/remedies to treat those afflicted by special and nightmarish poisons affecting natural and regular blood flow to the human brain.



KITANA: I've met a 'knight-doctor' here in the Dark-Ages who fancies himself as a 'Sherlock Holmes' of brain-poisoning.



This doctor man is Amlan, a Persian warrior-turned-doctor and assists Kitana with special remedies of herbs and blood-flow boosters for the people afflicted in the Dark Ages with injuries/ailments compounding issues of territory, space, and the daydreams of faeries with cures to death.



KITANA: The herbs and medicines available in these 'Dark Ages' inspire me to think about the conveniences of hospitals!



Kitana our heroine 'Dark Ages Nurse' becomes a 'celebrity' in Europe with her special time-traveled use of chamomile-cures to blood-flow problems and wounds and decides she'll use this 'relaxation' approach to the Coronavirus in New England 2022 when she wakes from this potion dream-sleep 'adventure' of memory!



KITANA: Me thinks chamomile has become my new 'call-sign jargon' for medicinal music!



When Kitana awakes from this lucid dream-sleep, all she can think about is the nature/quality of modern terrain complications and traffic drama that create the contours of human civilization medicinal intrigue and storytelling!



KITANA: I think we'll institute a cool new policy of French-toast honey breakfast for Mass-General admits with the mutation!



Kitana has become a 'combat-medicine' celebrity and legend through this Dark Ages dream-sleep adventure and has only the fortune-teller to thank for this 'awakening' of the story/history of the human experience, which she can't (ever) forget.



Years later, Kitana finds herself married and with a son (Damian) for whom she buys a Christmastime series of Dark Ages comics for him to learn imaginatively about the quality of death...and life.



KITANA: Medicine's an adventure, and time-memory serves up courage; and the Dark Ages will always remind me of cure.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on April 11, 2022
Last Updated on April 11, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing