Strangers/Venus

Strangers/Venus

A Story by Abishai100
"

A 'dashing' Ivy-newlywed couple in the Poconos eventually encounter a trio of Venus-born alien psychos ('strangers') who've got a special disclosure method.

"
An alien take on The Strangers (Liv Tyler). Hope you like, 
----
====

Edgar and his lovely new bride Desdemona left for the Poconos and took with them an eBay purchased classic Sega Genesis on which they'd enjoy the summer-trip playing a classic revised edition of Tecmo Super Bowl football video-game while nesting romantically in their cabin with wine and shrimp dishes of various kinds and from various ethnic cuisines (Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, French, Haitian). Edgar/Desdemona had been sweethearts since meeting at Dartmouth (Ivy League) and became fast-lovers after college and traveled to Nepal and France before settling in Calgary (North America) when Edgar took an assistant-executive position with the Flames ice-hockey team as they soared to the division-top in the following season following his arrival/employment. This Poconos retreat following their whirlwind post-college travel(s) and marriage would be quite a welcomed retreat.

EDGAR: I also got us some terrific Alien-Predator sci-fi movies from Netflix.
DESDEMONA: Love it, darling!

The first week of their summer jaunt in the Poconos cabin was quite a nice retreat, and the two newlyweds enjoyed swimming in the river by the cabin and Desdemona wrote poems about newfound greatness of married-life and life in the Poconos. This was a terrific adventure, and they capped it with wine, shrimp dishes prepared, and the Tecmo-Genesis football-games and sci-fi/horror cinema. They learned rather quickly that what made their new life so great was each other and the 'toys' that surrounded them in the cabin during that vacation in summertime.

EDGAR: I got permission from Calgary to extend our jaunt into the fall!
DESDEMONA: Love it, darling!

For any other married-life fable, this extension in vacation in the Poconos-cabin would be truly excellent, but for Edgar/Desdemona, it would spell a nearly-certain form of complete oblivion. That's because these two love-birds were about to encounter some rather strange-looking individuals, real 'strangers' on Earth with an agenda for Hellraisers. The jaunt had extended into the autumn that season in the Poconos for the joyous couple, but they'd been eerily 'tracked' by a trio of eerie masked 'strangers' who descended upon the forest-cabin area by the idyllic river which Edgar/Desdemona swam in that summer. These masked psycho-strangers had bloody-murder on their mind and bought with them to the Poconos hatchets and shiny knives for the creation of pure fear inside that rich forest in the United States.

EDGAR: What's wrong, sweetie-darling?
DESDEMONA: I noticed some masked shadow-people outside the cabin, Edgar.

These strangers were in fact aliens from Venus. Yes, folks, these psycho 'strangers' in masks and shirts/ties were composed of one male and two females of rather young age and attractive appearance but were completely masked at all times. They'd arrived on Earth from Venus by spaceship and wanted simply/only to create autumn-season fear(s) for the young couple in the cabin-by-the-river in the Poconos. The Strangers were messengers of death and no friends to human Earthlings and were about to create worry and panic for the two newlyweds before announcing to them that they were in fact not humans but aliens from another planet (Venus) who were humanoid only in appearance/shape(s).

EDGAR: Alright, I'll run out first and make myself a quick-speed decoy, and you run out after out the back!
DESDEMONA: Sounds good, Edgar...please be careful (I'll find you by the gas-station when I get there).

Desdemona got to the gas-station but Edgar did not. However, at the station, as Desdemona frantically used the payphone to call the police, an attractive young woman presented herself to the frightened/horrified American woman from Dartmouth, revealing red-glowing eyes under her sunglasses and explaining in a discrete whisper, "I'm an alien-female from Venus and would like to invite you to my cabin in the Poconos so you may find solace and relief from your horror-encounter with those 'masked strangers' (psychos!) which I'd sensed with my non-human psychic powers of invisible darkness, my darling sweetheart."

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)


© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on July 15, 2022
Last Updated on July 15, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern, Horror

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing