The Stand: Wingate

The Stand: Wingate

A Story by Abishai100
"

A strange hotel-lobby chess 'stalemate' might draw future-Earth ideations of alien design.

"
A fun summertime Batman-media fanfiction featuring the Predator. Enjoy, 
----
====

A stranger wandered into the Wingate hotel in Chicago and sat down at a table during a special comic-book gathering inside the hotel-lobby coinciding with a nearby conference for fans of Batman (DC Comics) media.



STRANGER: I shall sit down at the lobby table-chairs area and read a newspaper and wait for a special man with a chess-set.



HOTEL-MANAGER: There'd been nothing unusual that day inside the Wingate hotel lobby and we'd anticipated normal traffic!



However, on that day inside the iconic Chicago Wingate hotel-lobby, during the nearby comics-conference linked social gathering of Batman (DC Comics) media-fans preparing to head to the special meeting, a real-life United Stated underground blood-diamond operationalist with Interpol-office(s) relations, a real-life 'vigilante' who (incidentally!) went by the 'street-alias' Batman, wandered into the very-same lobby as the mentioned/referenced 'stranger' with a special red-case with him.



BATMAN: I have in my red-case here a special wood-crafted chess-set which I shall use to play a 'random' lobby pedestrian!



STRANGER: I'll play you in chess, dude!
BATMAN: Awesome, friend...I'd been hoping to find a willing lobby-pedestrian/traveler for a winding chess-match today.
STRANGER: You look 'unusual' today, dude; I'm guessing you're one of these Batman comics media-fan 'geeks' for the meeting!
BATMAN: Maybe I am...or maybe I'm an actual underground super-hero (ha!); in any case, I'm enticed by peace-chess now.
STRANGER: Cool, dude.
BATMAN: What if we draw a 'cool' stalemate here in this Wingate lobby, friend?
STRANGER: All the better, dude; 'tis the season for comics-spirits and nonviolence, right (ha!)?
BATMAN: Sure, sure, friend.



There'd been some zesty goat-meat Indian curry-food served in that special/iconic Chicago hotel-lobby during that Batman comics/media gathering coinciding with the nearby-building conference, which drew the hunger of the stranger and Batman already engaged by their stirring game of style-differentiated smarty-chess, with one playing knight-queen combos and the other employing diagonal bishop-rook play for a more 'libertine' styled-offense. The two got up and got themselves a little dixie-plastic bowl of goat-meat Indian curry to 'spice' their game which steadily/inevitably drew to a 'peaceful' stalemate (yummy).



STRANGER: Let's toast this 'delicious' stalemate with a nice double-glass of champagne, dude!
BATMAN: Sounds ideal, friend...I'll head to that Batman comics-conference afterwards.
STRANGER: I guessed you'd been some kind of Batman media-aficionado...or perhaps...the real Batman (ha!).
BATMAN: Sure, sure, friend.



Turns out that mysterious chess-playing affable Wingate hotel-lobby visiting pedestrian 'stranger' was an alien from Mars disguised/transformed to look like a humanoid traveler who wished to find and challenge this 'Batman' blood-diamond operationalist to a chess-stalemate IQ prior to the Batman comics-media conference nearby, hoping to mark/target the underground monitoring 'officer' as a human worthy of the hunt! This alien-Predator was considered a universal marksman but was stirred to peace by the goat-stalemate curry-game wits of the Wingate experience that day, ironically, and returned happily/peacefully to Mars!



STRANGER/ALIEN (Predator): Who knew a chess 'stalemate' invokes a special 'daydream' about wrought/consensual peace?



Years, later we find this 'real-life' Batman married and with daughter ('Ezzy') dealing in the Chicago underground with a potent/poisonous new millennium alien-invasion tribulation involving a 'host' of slimy aliens attempting to deform Earth-civilization and destroy all-manner of human street/customary activity (Facebook-IQ).



BATMAN: This new challenge for all Earthlings simply reminds me of the 'strange' hotel-lobby chess-stalemate for peace-IQ.



"The strangest thing about Earth...are the strangers" (Batman).



ALIEN/PREDATOR: I'll hide in the Earth-ocean Abyss and enjoy YouTube uploads of Deep-Blue computer-chess detention!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on July 22, 2022
Last Updated on July 22, 2022
Tags: Chess, Comics

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing