Stalemate (Duty-Free)

Stalemate (Duty-Free)

A Story by Abishai100
"

A Weyland-HQ chess-tourney drawing frequent stalemate-conditions invokes an ideal of sociopolitical dating.

"
Another homage to the wonder(s) of the strategy board-game of world chess. Enjoy, 
----
====

A world-headquarters building managed by Peter Weyland was host to a special multicultural chess-tourney in the summer of 2023, following the formal resolution-closure of the entire Coronavirus tribulation(s)!



The chess game had drawn many media-figures of interest(s) and reminded people of the value(s) of strategic-gameplay for competition-IQ and arguably civilization-consciousness itself, invoking images of Cold War (USA-USSR) chess between icon Bobby Fischer and Soviet-master Boris Spassky. That was the sort of socialized Facebook-IQ 'intrigue' people at the Weyland building anticipated now.



AMLAN SATAN (Chess-Master): I've learned chess at Dartmouth and anticipated energizer-experience(s) for Mr. Weyland.



However, during that chess-tourney inside the Weyland-HQ building, there had been a strange occurrence involving multiple unanticipated 'stalemate' games of high-frequency! A 'stalemate' is a condition of chess (a strategy board-game involving two teams/opponents of multiple pieces which move in various ways to create field-tactics for defending the king-piece and offensive-maneuvers for capturing the opponent's king-piece) in which the opponents simply declare a draw or tie or no-win condition, since both opponents profess an 'equivalence' during the course of their game as successful/advanced.



MR. WEYLAND: The success of this tourney-media in the West, with these 'hi-frequency' stalemates invoke politics-IQ, right?



AMLAN SATAN (Chess-Master): I drew a stalemate against a very skilled female-player and have to ask, "Why the politics-IQ?"



Of course, Amlan Satan answered his own question subconsciously, attending the Weyland-tourney in the United States with his beloved-darling/daughter ('Ezzy') for whom he'd post for Facebook-IQ, "A draw between opponents in a competition-arena reminds us of the ideal(s) behind human/social dollars!"



MR. WEYLAND: If aliens from Mars visited us here today, they'd ask, "Your Western nations seem standing for politics/law!"



Satan went to Dartmouth and started a new youth-chess club inspired by the multiple-stalemate condition(s) of the Weyland-HQ tourney in the United States that day. He'd wonder if the 'magic' drawn from the competition-stalemate conditions would invoke real imaginations in youth regarding the 'beauty' of peace and the confidence drawn from games that created a no-win tie-scenario favorable for more 'teamwork' IQ. This is something only chess affords, like no other game...or sport!



WIFE: I'm so proud of your newfound interest in youth-chess; a stalemate-frequency was (arguably) a Western miracle (ha).



====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on July 26, 2022
Last Updated on July 26, 2022
Tags: Chess

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing