Cold-War {Chess}: Western Dodgers

Cold-War {Chess}: Western Dodgers

A Story by Abishai100
"

Portrait of human-chess IQ and its impact on the landscape of 'treasure' fantasies, as re-presented through the 'view(s)' of a Western detective.

"
A dioramic 'fable' about the narrative behind modern social-media ideations of social/human 'chess' democracy, inspired by Pawn Sacrifice (Ed Zwick). Enjoy, 
----
====

The Cold War was a hot-race between the USA and USSR which had generated much media and this was the case in the world of competitive chess-play, as the American champion Bobby Fischer challenged the Russian chess-master Boris Spassky in what would become a symbolic/iconic match re-presentative of the 'quality' of modern inter-national diplomacy...and stalemate (arguably!).



Of course, the USSR eventually collapsed under its own (arguable) weight, but the USA had created much media-drama during this 'hot-race' in the department(s) of the space-race and nuclear-disarmament consideration(s). Well, such a hot-race for the human-race signified a special consciousness regarding the contours/ergonomics of journalism...and darkness (arguably!).



Today's American patriots are couch-potatoes, TV-viewers who are Ivy-grads and college-pros investing in NASDAQ and TV-sports media-era fanfare/spirit(s). One might consider why the iconic Cincinnati Reds (American baseball) are re-presentative of this new Western dogma, a team spiritually (arguably!) resurrected in the 1990 World Series, when the shocking team upset the dominant Oakland Athletics as the 'unofficial' underdog, creating a legion of new 'capitalism' drawn fans of the new-gen. Follow along!



The iconic/reflective 1990 (Upper-Deck) Reds World Series team-set is (arguably!) the most symbolic sports-media era baseball 'treasure' of this new-gen 'trend' of TV-based capitalism-investment(s).



If you think about it, the modern social trend of 'media-access' to social trends and diadems represents a home-convenience IQ regarding consumerism consciousness and the tech-enabled capitalism functionalism visible in new-gen 'institutions' like NASDAQ and the Home Shopping Network (HSN).



My name's Amlan Satan, and I'm a member of this new-gen home-based TV-audience oriented capitalism investor-base. I've made $15M on Wall Street during the 2009 market-dip/rise because of the 'shocking' surge in the shares-value of Ford Motor Company (F), and since then, I've been making patriotism comics-avatar fanfiction-tales about defense of capitalism-rhetoric in the post-9/11 era of commerce-bridging for cessation of emerged terrorism woes in the Western world, following the 'troubling' time of the Cold War, as youngsters 'dream' of what comprises the 'quality' of consumerism critique in the United States. I consider myself a 'cyber-rendition' of Thomas Nast himself (arguably!).



Some consider me a real 'nerdist' of the human-race in this new millennium, but my girlfriend (Sandy), a Reds-fan and lover of my love of my Reds (Upper-Deck) baseball-treasure (set), and I wonder as I compete with Russian students on Facebook-chess (social-media!) what the Cold-War gen students/participants would make of this/my involvement in the 'nature' of human/social 'DNA-networking' on Earth (ha)!



SANDY: Satan's immersion in sports-media gen TV-investment(s) is quite 'cool' and draws me to cheer his Reds-cards treasure!



I got Sandy this 'fantastic' baseball-themed hand-crafted figurine chess-set, and I've been teaching her about the 'human-race' quality of stalemate-chess, a condition of the iconic/symbolic piece-position strategy board-game creating a perfect parallel between opponents, or tie/draw (no-win decision!) re-presenting our 'ambitious' species' conception of peace 'wrought' from competitiveness, arguably reflective of the nature of the tight-woe(s) of the Cold War and other social dilemmas (e.g., Northern Ireland, Israel-Palestine, Korea, etc.).



SANDY: It seems to me all this 'stalemate-chess' ideation(s) for the human-race lights the 'quality' of Western...dating!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on October 9, 2022
Last Updated on October 9, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing