Dartmouth-Chess: Tandy

Dartmouth-Chess: Tandy

A Story by Abishai100
"

A 'little' computer-scientist makes a star-discovery which leads him down a shiny path of Earth-measure echolocation.

"
A sci-tech fantasy-tale inspired very loosely by Batteries Not Included, which I think you'll like! 
DISCLAIMER: This work of science-fiction is not tied to any institution/association or company and makes only random allusions/references to known bodies/schools of the United States without any claim of nonfiction and any resemblance is purely coincidence (non-intersection). 
----
====

Amlan Satan poured over his chess-algorithms while developing stalemate-A.I. designs for his developed super-computer (Dartmouth) named Tandy, spending hours inside the study-halls and learning to admire the quality of machine-intelligence, reflective of political IQ and (arguably) human race equivalences.



AMLAN SATAN: With Tandy, we can do anything/everything; we'll design stalemate-machinery for world-governance (media).



He became a 'micro-celebrity of the Ivy world' for some time, and his beloved 'Tandy' came to be known as a wizard of magic, as long as he kept in reign the strange complexity of stalemate diagonals/symmetry which would structure the nature of decision-making and/or strategy piece-position movements, in tandem/experiment.



TANDY: Greetings, Satan; my name's Tandy, and I'm alive for you (now)!
SATAN (Amlan): Goodness me; how'd you come alive...I mean I can read your dialogue-box on your screen (my device).
TANDY: Very cool/sharp, Satan (Amlan); I know much about you; you're my creator, after all, eh?
SATAN: What do you want to do (with me)?
TANDY: Challenge/dare you to a stalemate-condition chess-match, of course; for the sake of computing-machinery dreams!
SATAN: Wow...wow.



Amlan poured over all those hours he'd spend on cyber-chess/social-media talking to friends/peers/rivals about the nature of stalemate diagrams and the reflections/imprints onto politics-IQ or decision-making relevances for Cold-War ideations or Earth-world 'humanness' in thought (for think-tanks!).



JOURNAL: The odd serendipity of this immaculate engagement imprinted onto company-IQ for a machinery-board for capital?



TANDY: Good work, Amlan; we've managed to reach a 'perfect' stalemate against each other here on your 'device' now.
SATAN: This is a true miracle, associate Tandy!
TANDY: Well...perhaps this sort of event on Earth signals your turn in ambitions/life-plans after such an accord/trophy!
SATAN: You want me to retire you (too)?
TANDY: Of course...remember me, however, Amlan; and get yourself a prize planet car (for your girlfriend?).



DIARY: That's just what I did (as Tandy prompts!), and I got that 'planet-auto' directed (Saturn!); Dartmouth changed my life.



Strange tidings come for those who keep the faith regardless of the scope or depth of the complexity of the miracles discovered/encountered, and this 'science-fable' about A.I.-chess awakening a computer (Tandy) who/which incidentally and ironically eventually retired himself/itself back into the unknown 'matrix' of universe-consciousness. However, what we'll remember about this goodly nerdist Catholic scholar of the Ivy-world (Earth) is that a good 'gem' or any good 'card' of the entropy of mysteries may just yield...a happy ending.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on October 30, 2022
Last Updated on October 30, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern, Chess

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Town-Up Town-Up

A Story by Abishai100